News Red Car Trolley to close in early 2025

CraftyFox

It sounds like the maintenance/storage barn for the trolleys is being absorbed into the Avenger’s Campus expansion. I’m going to miss the great kinetic energy. It was a nice place to sit on a busy day even if the route was pretty short.

Dr.Cheeto

Disappointing news. I've said it before, but I'd love it if they built an elevated track for the Red Car, similar to the Electric Railway in Tokyo Disney Sea and turned it into a DL Railroad equivalent for DCA. It could start on Buena Vista street, go thru the caves of Grizzly Peak, meander through Pixar Pier, go through the Cars show building, through Avengers City College Campus, and back.

CosmicDuck

We said our goodbyes when Avengers campus was announced but still sad to see it finally go.

Does anyone remember that weird concept art they released that made it look like the trolley would be undergoing some kind of crazy looking spiderman retheme?

djlaosc

Shame that it is going. Another loss of kinaesthetics in a park.

Hopefully it would return at some point, but is there anywhere else that they could put the car barn?

Shame that they couldn't turn left between Hyperion and Mission Breakout and access some backstage area back there where they could build a new barn.

Or, if they aren't planning on putting a new show in Hyperion anytime soon, take out part of the queue area and build a new barn on part of the courtyard, with the remainder as queuing space - would probably look nicer than the tables often set up there.

jmuboy

Can’t wait for my Twitter feed for the next week being people pretending that the trolley has always been a critical part of their Magical DCA Day.
It was a piece of a larger project to make this failing park a success with great attractions and attention to detail. And a little Disney magic and non IP infusion. Let’s not pretend that’s not true

I’d like to pretend there’s a SLIVER of hope this could come back after Avengers is done or after they find a better home for the trolly

Mr. Sullivan

It was a piece of a larger project to make this failing park a success with great attractions and attention to detail. And a little Disney magic and non IP infusion. Let’s not pretend that’s not true
I gotta say I don’t think that’s true at all. It was a copy paste of the main Street vehicle concept because the original version of the park had very little to do other than shopping and eating and so they added this so they could call it a ride. it was neat sure I won’t say it wasn’t neat, but I think it’s really disingenuous to pretend there was ever some grand vision behind it other than it was something to do for the bad park they’d just built.

Misted Compass

Original Poster
Does anyone remember that weird concept art they released that made it look like the trolley would be undergoing some kind of crazy looking spiderman retheme?
This one? In hindsight it was pretty clearly supposed to be a Web Slingers ride vehicle.
1724706427632.png

Mr. Sullivan

Pretending? The RCT is the Mark Twain of DCA.
You can’t be serious.

They were an afterthought copy paste of something that already existed over at Disneyland in a different form form that most people have no sentimental attachment to. Sure I will relent that some probably do and some probably really love this.

But let’s not act like these trolleys are to the this park what the Mark Twain is to Disneyland. The closest comparison to Disneyland would be the main street vehicles and nothing more.

Just because something was there when the park opened does not make it essential. The park it was designed for thankfully no longer exists and even then were only there so they could lie about how many rides that park actually had.

DLR92

I gotta say I don’t think that’s true at all. It was a copy paste of the main Street vehicle concept because the original version of the park had very little to do other than shopping and eating and so they added this so they could call it a ride. it was neat sure I won’t say it wasn’t neat, but I think it’s really disingenuous to pretend there was ever some grand vision behind it other than it was something to do for the bad park they’d just built.
Regardless, it added a NICE touch to the park.

Consumer

You can’t be serious.

They were an afterthought copy paste of something that already existed over at Disneyland in a different form form that most people have no sentimental attachment to. Sure I will relent that some probably do and some probably really love this.

But let’s not act like these trolleys are to the this park what the Mark Twain is to Disneyland. The closest comparison to Disneyland would be the main street vehicles and nothing more.

Just because something was there when the park opened does not make it essential. The park it was designed for thankfully no longer exists and even then were only there so they could lie about how many rides that park actually had.
Do you think the RCT are from 2001?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom