Recording the WDW Resort channel.

lildivaaa

Ok, seeing that many people have shot their own videos of rides, attractions, etc. - has anyone attempted to record the actual WDW Resort channel? And I'm talking the ENTIRE WDW Resort channel loop, talking about planning your WDW day.

I've noticed that in the resorts, the cable line connected to the TV's looks pretty basic (no filter on the line to block connections, no special cable box it goes into before going to the TV). The TV's themselves don't look modified in anyway. So, in theory (provided you have brought a VCR with you on your vacation), you should be able to disconnect the cable line from the back of the TV, connect it up to the VCR, tune in the channel and record, correct?

Does anyone know anything about this, or has anyone tried it? I've always wanted to, but I end up forgetting to bring a VCR along with me.

Thoughts?
Craig - Atlanta, Ga.

Mr Wizard

OK, while all these downloads of the Disneyworld videos is great does anyone have (or do you even remember) a recording of the old info and greeting spiel that you used to hear on your car radio when you turned onto Disney property back in the 70's? This is my oldest and most fond memory of my first trip there. If anyone has any leads on a copy of this please share. I have searched Mousebits and other such sites and can't even find mention of it.

Upvote 0

DSNYKID

I just posted on the other thread and got the "zip a dee doo dah tip for the day" music going through my head. When I saw this thread, I was amazed to see that other people are as stupid about this as me.:hammer:

There must be some sort of subliminal messages in that loop. It's the silliest thing, but it just gets me in such a Disney mood!:sohappy:

Click here to see some cool Disney resort tv instantly!
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=disney+resort+tv&hl=en

Upvote 0

Apple Core

OK gang I will really show my age with this one, but....I have a cassette tape recording of the Resort Channel 5 segment from back around 1980-1981. It was about a 15-20 minute loop.

Starts off with an instrumental rendition of "Let's Go Fly a Kite" and is hosted by a lovely tour-guide type of lady named Susan. It includes that River Country song "it's the ker-splashinest..." and also a really sappy song at the end. I still listen to this in my car sometimes and it takes me back to being 12 years old. Anyone else remember this?

Upvote 0

mcurtiss

OK gang I will really show my age with this one, but....I have a cassette tape recording of the Resort Channel 5 segment from back around 1980-1981. It was about a 15-20 minute loop.

Starts off with an instrumental rendition of "Let's Go Fly a Kite" and is hosted by a lovely tour-guide type of lady named Susan. It includes that River Country song "it's the ker-splashinest..." and also a really sappy song at the end. I still listen to this in my car sometimes and it takes me back to being 12 years old. Anyone else remember this?

this is easily my favorite memory staying at the Treehouses in 1978. my brother down for a nap, and me excited to get back to the park, watching the resort tv loop over and over, the monorails arriving as "Let's Go Fly a Kite" comes on. I wish this video was available somewhere....

Upvote 0

llrain

this must be a record for reincarnating an old thread...2002!!!
on topic but not about recording...I was recently in Ireland and a resort I stayed at had their own version of a resort TV tailored to their hotel/activities/dining/spa, etc.
It was actually quite more advanced and more intuitive than Disney's resort TV. It kinda made Disney's look ancient...If anyone is interested I could upload it to youtube, or parts of it when I get a chance just for opinion.

Upvote 0

mcurtiss

I am overjoyed! Just found this audio on youtube after many moons of searching. still holding out for the video, but I'm not confident.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Wow, I saw this thread title and just thought "it's on Youtube, why go through the hassle?" But there WAS no Youtube when this thread was created. Yeesh.

Upvote 0

RScottyL

To modernize this, if you want to record it now, you will need to take your laptop, but make sure you have a TV tuner card in it! You would take the coax connection off the resort tv in the room and connect it to your laptop.

Your tv tuner should have some DVR capabilities to record.

Just start recording that channel or any other channels!

Make sure you have plenty of hard drive space!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom