Record crowds this month?

IRBIWDW

You are so right.......I love to just sat back and watch people. Sometimes it's better than the rides. Sometimes I am just amazed at how people act and treat eachother. Makes for good entertainment though.

MickeyPeace

Does anyone think crowd prediction books/apps contribute to this also? So many people are paying for predictions as to when to go (Sept/Oct). Maybe that caused increased crowd levels?

I will never understand people spending their money to find out which days someone else thinks it may be crowded in a park. Sucker every minute.

mhuhn23

I will be at WDW from 11/12-11/18, and was wondering what people think the crowds will be like. F&W will just be finishing up for the year, and my family figured going the week before Thanksgiving should be lighter. You'd think that with kids being in school and having a Thanksgiving break that the week or two before shouldn't be too bad, but looks like by most accounts in this thread it has been crazy the last month. Hoping for decent crowds but regardless I can't wait to be there!

Unplugged

I will be at WDW from 11/12-11/18, and was wondering what people think the crowds will be like. F&W will just be finishing up for the year, and my family figured going the week before Thanksgiving should be lighter. You'd think that with kids being in school and having a Thanksgiving break that the week or two before shouldn't be too bad, but looks like by most accounts in this thread it has been crazy the last month. Hoping for decent crowds but regardless I can't wait to be there!

I'd be interested in hearing the results too. My family typically goes in Sep-Oct. This year we went Oct 23-29. It was far busier then any other October that we've gone. Epcot was packed most days and MK was very busy as well. It was not the typical fall season that we've witnessed over the past 10+ years.

What I saw with guests making purchases appeared as if consumer confidence had risen enough for people to take the vacations they've been holding off on. If you combine slightly better consumer confidence with the deals Disney has been offering, it seems to line up pretty well.

The weather was a bit cooler this year then last, so we may shift back to end of Sep for next year. Anyone have good/bad crowd experiences this Sep?

Communicore

Imagine, Wonder, and Explore lots were open today...first time I recall them open in November. This is an extremely packed park!

fosse76

Does anyone think crowd prediction books/apps contribute to this also? So many people are paying for predictions as to when to go (Sept/Oct). Maybe that caused increased crowd levels?

I'm sure it has an effect, though the significance is unclear. I remember commenting a year or two ago about the discounts, when people were (and still are) getting advised to book their trips without a discount and then have them updated when discounts are released. My comment was that it is possible that discounts are reduced in response to the level of bookings being made with that anticipation of discounts that Disney may not need to discount those times anymore and don't. But I don't think in crowd predictions or in my discounts anology there is much siginifance in actual practice. I think there is most likely a confluence of events that is happening, and that it isn't any one thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom