Recommendation for quiet onsite resort room...but not too far from things?

Ayla

Gran Destino was really quiet. Outside was lively in the sense people around, but not loud. The main pool was busy, but the quiet pools were almost always near empty and you can use any of them. The lobby in Gran Destino and the old lobby for CSR has a lot of quiet places to sit. A lot of places to sit outside around the whole resort also.

But the buses were awful for us, so that could be a concern.
I agree with everything said here. Gran Destino was very nice, and quiet, but the buses were hit or miss.

Disneymagic1106

I loved our recent stay at. Old Key West.
The boat to DS is a lovely excursion and the central area around Hospitality House has some quiet areas. He could simply sit in Papa’s Den and read. Although next to the lobby it seemed quiet. The feature pool is fun too. The whole resort has a quiet feel to it, very peaceful.
This!
Have stayed at OKW 2X and both times were perfect. We did not stay near the hospitality house or main pool. Both times our rooms backed to water(canals?) and the quiet pools were never crowded.

heapster411

You can never go wrong @ OKW. The DW and I stay there almost every trip. VERY relaxing! This year our last bucket list location is going to be the treehouse @ Saratoga Springs. I have a feeling it's going to be the most quiet place on property. OKW is a very welcoming place.

plutofan15

You can never go wrong @ OKW. The DW and I stay there almost every trip. VERY relaxing! This year our last bucket list location is going to be the treehouse @ Saratoga Springs. I have a feeling it's going to be the most quiet place on property. OKW is a very welcoming place.
Agreed. The Treehouses are very quiet! we enjoyed our stay there a few years back. But I recommend renting a car. There are no restaurants and the pool associated with the Treehouses is very small. Since they are part of Saratoga Springs, you are able to use all the amenities there but the best way to get there is by car.

Skibum1970

It sounds like you are describing me and not your significant other. I hate noise, particularly at night. Old Key West was very quiet and secluded feeling and was a favorite. Port Orleans French Quarter was similar and I've not had any trouble at Riverside. However, you can easily get a room with noisy neighbors at any of these resorts (just like any offsite hotel).

tired_photog

I was surprised at how quiet Riviera was when we stayed there last March. The non-feature pool was mostly empty and Primo Piatto, the quick service restaurant was also pleasantly uncrowded compared to some of the busier resorts we’ve stayed at. And best of all it’s on the Skyliner route. I’d definitely recommend the Riviera.

CaptainAmerica

Caribbean Beach has great grounds, a great pool (though hectic), great (non-hectic) quiet pools, pretty good food, and a great lobby. The guest rooms leave a lot to be desired these days and are in need of refurbishment. For a "lounge chair by the pool and access to the Skyliner" vacation, it's a very good choice. But know that the room itself might have some bumps and bruises.

I'll add my voice to the pro-Old Key West crowd as well, but I'd only stay there with a car. The resort is enormous and taking an internal bus that makes several stops before you actually get on your way can be annoying.

Last edited:

MickeyLuv'r

Generally, you should be able to request a quieter room location. This will tend to be one that is further away from everything, like a room at the far end of the hallway on the upper floor.
Of course there is no guarantee at any hotel that you will have quiet neighbors, no matter where your room is located. There is also the possibility of something like the fan (room's air system) bothering him.

Has he tried a white noise machine? That might help.

All that said, CB seems like a good choice to me. Fort Wilderness has a secluded feel, but I think there you could also have rowdy neighbors. If, at some point, your budget allows, the treehouses at SSR are pretty unique. (though they tend to be $$$.)

For the most part, we've had pretty good luck at WDW hotels. I can only think of a few times we had bothersome noise, and mostly that was due to loud neighbors. If your room is near water taxis, you can hear the horns. Near MK, you can faintly hear MK noises, like the train. They are not constant, but periodic. One of few that has, IMO, irritating noise, is the lower floor rooms at teh Contemporary if you get placed near Chef Mickey's.

Sometimes with pool view rooms near the pool, you can hear some pool noise, but the pools now close at night.

For us personally, we are on the go all day at WDW. A full day of exercise = we have an easy time falling asleep, and it is usually a deep sleep.

The hotel quiet pools are often very quiet. Sometimes you might get a loud family, but often they are empty. The one at the Boardwalk hotel was especially pretty with gardens. If you aren't staying there, you can't swim, but you can visit.

Epcot has a few somewhat quiet spots with gardens. The maze garden is pretty quiet. Japan area has a somewhat quiet outdoor seating area with tables for dining and has a water garden. Multiple countries have little museums that are relatively quiet: Norway, Morocco, Japan all come to mind. Most people walk past and don't realize they are even there. The parks tend to be somewhat quieter late at night.

A little more pricey, but he might enjoy club level at Coronado's Gran Destino. The lounge gets busy for breakfast, and around 5pm, but at 6:30am and mid-day it is pretty quiet. The view is lovely, and he can get most of his food there. If the lounge is too busy for him, he can easily take his food to the room to eat. (short walk). Actually, all of you can get breakfast there, plus snacks, drinks, appetizers and desserts. It isn't enough to cover all your food needs, but maybe 1/2-3/4 of it. The hotel has LOTS of quiet pathways, a lake, hammocks (I think they still have them). The lounge is beautiful, a relaxing blue decor.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Caribbean Beach has great grounds, a great pool (though hectic), great (non-hectic) quiet pools, pretty good food, and a great lobby. The guest rooms leave a lot to be desired these days and are in need of refurbishment. For a "lounge chair by the pool and access to the Skyliner" vacation, it's a very good choice. But know that the room itself might have some bumps and bruises.

I'll add my voice to the pro-Old Key West crowd as well, but I'd only stay there with a car. The resort is enormous and taking an internal bus that makes several stops before you actually get on your way can be annoying.
We were at Turtle Pond. It was a 10 minute walk to Hospitality House.

I’d hazard a guess that many people wanting a quieter resort and vibe wouldn’t find 10 minutes to be any great distance. Either they would be quite happy to stroll over or they would have some assistance device to allow them to do so. And with buses to 5 destinations, all of which stop at HH last before leaving, it isn’t very long to wait for a bus anyway.

Plus the balconies and rooms are huge in comparison to any other resort.

I really am a convert to OKW, having been a sceptic for some time. The only reason for us not staying there on our next trip will be because we will probably want to try somewhere new. But I would be more than happy if we stayed there.

MickeyLuv'r

I agree with everything said here. Gran Destino was very nice, and quiet, but the buses were hit or miss.
We had our own car when we stayed there. I am happy to report we had good luck with being able to park close to the hotel, but maybe we got lucky.

CaptainAmerica

We were at Turtle Pond. It was a 10 minute walk to Hospitality House.

I’d hazard a guess that many people wanting a quieter resort and vibe wouldn’t find 10 minutes to be any great distance. Either they would be quite happy to stroll over or they would have some assistance device to allow them to do so. And with buses to 5 destinations, all of which stop at HH last before leaving, it isn’t very long to wait for a bus anyway.

Plus the balconies and rooms are huge in comparison to any other resort.

I really am a convert to OKW, having been a sceptic for some time. The only reason for us not staying there on our next trip will be because we will probably want to try somewhere new. But I would be more than happy if we stayed there.
Maybe I've been very unlucky in this regard, but every time I've tried to go to the hospitality house to avoid the internal ride around the resort, the bus has been either completely full or at best standing room only.

I think Old Key West is my #2 or #3 favorite resort on property but I do hate the transportation.

MickeyLuv'r

You guys need to stop talking about how great port orleans is or everyone will know our secret!!! :)
For us, Port Orleans Riverside is probably my least favorite WDW hotel. Granted, it has been some years since we stayed there, but our stays there all had some odd, unusual problem. I don't think they are typical of the POR or other WDW hotels in general, just bad luck.

JIMINYCR

I'd give up the Skyliner for POFQ. You can always take a ride or two on the Skyliner to experience it. If you are set on having a resort on the Skyliner route and cant get a quieter room then the white noise machine ( we got one at a Brookstone store, with many options for variety of sounds) or use a pair of noise cancelling ear plugs.

Mireille

Premium Member
Despite being a WDW fan, I've never stayed on site. We may try it for the first time this spring/summer. The problem is, my spouse is easily overwhelmed by a lot of noise and people (insert joke about going to WDW here). He will probably stay back at the resort while the rest of us go to the parks, at least sometimes.

I would love to be on the skyliner route if possible to make it easier for him and us to meet up/take breaks, and so I was considering Caribbean Beach. I think the value resorts would be too crowded for meals/etc. I was wondering if it's possible to request a room in an area at CB that feels a little more secluded. It's hard to tell from videos/etc. where that might be because it's not the type of thing people are typically looking for.

If CB is not a good choice, I'm sure there are other places that would feel more secluded. We may consider Saratoga or Fort Wilderness because they're larger and I'm sure we can find a quiet spot, but I'm not quite as excited about taking the buses everywhere and the pools are somewhat less exciting. If I threw money at the problem, I'm sure there would also be a good solution, but we'd rather not spend more than about $400/night, which is why CB seemed like a good choice (and there's a discount for the time we'd like to go).

Maybe this is a weird request, but if anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them! Thanks so much!
I found the rooms in the Alligator Bayou area of Port Orleans Riverside very quiet. It felt so remote when I'd get started in the morning it was easy to forget I was in Disney World. The foliage and landscaping mute the sound incredibly well and it's not too long a walk to the main building. It's not as fun as French Quarter, but it really felt secluded.

Wanted33

Despite being a WDW fan, I've never stayed on site. We may try it for the first time this spring/summer. The problem is, my spouse is easily overwhelmed by a lot of noise and people (insert joke about going to WDW here). He will probably stay back at the resort while the rest of us go to the parks, at least sometimes.

I would love to be on the skyliner route if possible to make it easier for him and us to meet up/take breaks, and so I was considering Caribbean Beach. I think the value resorts would be too crowded for meals/etc. I was wondering if it's possible to request a room in an area at CB that feels a little more secluded. It's hard to tell from videos/etc. where that might be because it's not the type of thing people are typically looking for.

If CB is not a good choice, I'm sure there are other places that would feel more secluded. We may consider Saratoga or Fort Wilderness because they're larger and I'm sure we can find a quiet spot, but I'm not quite as excited about taking the buses everywhere and the pools are somewhat less exciting. If I threw money at the problem, I'm sure there would also be a good solution, but we'd rather not spend more than about $400/night, which is why CB seemed like a good choice (and there's a discount for the time we'd like to go).

Maybe this is a weird request, but if anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them! Thanks so much!

@Jenny72 Jenny, we're staying on property on our next visit, and I had the same question. I contacted customer service, and they said after you have made your reservation just call the reservation center at 407-934-7639, and they will help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom