Recommendation for quiet onsite resort room...but not too far from things?

UNCgolf

Port Orleans French Quarter or Riverside would be great options, but they aren't on the Skyliner.

Was going to say the same. Riverside is probably the quietest resort at Disney and likely feels the least crowded as well. The buildings are all separated with trees etc. between them and it really feels secluded. It's my favorite resort for value (not as good as places like Animal Kingdom Lodge, but also far less expensive). French Quarter is good too but I prefer Riverside.

No Skyliner (which is actually a plus for me, since I don't like it), but the bus service last time I was there was very good.

Last edited:

Raxel7851

Was going to say the same. Riverside is probably the quietest resort at Disney and likely feels the least crowded as well. The buildings are all separated with trees etc. between them and it really feels secluded. It's my favorite resort for value (not as good as places like Animal Kingdom Lodge, but also far less expensive). French Quarter is good too but I prefer Riverside.

No Skyliner (which is actually a plus for me, since I don't like it), but the bus service last time I was there was very good.
@UNCgolf for us the boat to Disney Springs is a huge plus.

KeithVH

Excluding the Skyliner demand, depending on time of year, you might be able to swing Wilderness Lodge for a smidge over $400/nite. Would be worth every penny. Other, based on your established criteria, only CBR fits the specified needs.

Lilofan

Excluding the Skyliner demand, depending on time of year, you might be able to swing Wilderness Lodge for a smidge over $400/nite. Would be worth every penny. Other, based on your established criteria, only CBR fits the specified needs.
If you stay at Wilderness don't let the front desk put you in a hotel room directly above the cast member restaurant loading dock where you get a window view of the loading dock , garbage dumpsters and day and night noise of trucks loading and unloading . There are quite a few rooms in this area.

Last edited:

heapster411

If you stay at Wilderness don't let the front desk put you in a hotel room directly above the cast member restaurant loading dock where you get a window view of the loading dock , garbage dumpsters and day and night noise of trucks loading and unloading . There are quite a few rooms in this area.
Had that room. It was a time when the DW and I were exploring DVC rooms. Quite an eye opening experience. By the way, deliveries start around 3 AM.

Ghostdog

Hubby and I stayed at CB beginning of April. We were in the Jamaica section which has its own quiet pool and literally Right next to the skyliner hub. It is a short walk to the main area of the resort. We loved the location we were in because it was so Quiet and we NEVER waited in line at the skyliner. We always got right on and always had a pod/car to ourselves. We LOVE the skyliner, it’s our favorite “ride”.

Eric Graham

Port Orleans French Quarter is pretty good. Has a very nice New Orleans feel to it! But, I would definitely stay away from the pool. Yacht/Beach are wonderful because of the pool. It's nice for those resorts beacause you can walk/take the boat to Hollywood Studios and Epcot. And, only have to take the bus to the Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney.

Touchdown

It gets overlooked but the Garden Wing at the CR is also quite quiet, especially if you get a lake view room as that will put you in the rear of the building. You feel disconnected from the hussle and bustle but are litterally feet away from it and walking distance to MK. WL and OKW are good options too. If you don’t want to be put above the loading dock for WL don’t choose the standard view! There is a reason these are the cheaper rooms.

SamandplanningUK

What about a Riviera resort room with a balcony and a nice view for him? At least he's not confined to a room then and has something nice to look at and can get some nice sun, maybe set up for a few hours peace on the balcony with a nice book and a drink then hop on the skyline to meet up with you.

Jenny72

Original Poster
We are planning a split stay with CB and FQ. For CB we are asking to be in a tucked-away spot on the top floor. Then we'll stay at FQ away from the pool. We did want to get a balcony but those resorts were too expensive for us. At least we avoided the value resorts! I've never stayed onsite before so I appreciate all the help!

CaptainAmerica

The problem is if you buy a dvc room direct, you’re overpaying for the square footage…and you have limited housekeeping, some reduces services in some spots.

They’re all nice…I just wouldn’t pay the “retail” price
When you pay cash for a DVC unit, you get daily housekeeping.

But no, I still wouldn't pay it unless you were getting a Studio during a 30% or more discount promotion.

Ghostdog

We are planning a split stay with CB and FQ. For CB we are asking to be in a tucked-away spot on the top floor. Then we'll stay at FQ away from the pool. We did want to get a balcony but those resorts were too expensive for us. At least we avoided the value resorts! I've never stayed onsite before so I appreciate all the help!
For reference here’s a map of CB; we were in section 42 of Jamaica. Like I said previously it’s right next to the skyliner hub. There is also a coke freestyle machine in the Jamaica section if you buy the refillable cup. A bonus for us was the coffee stand outside the skyliner hub that has great pasties and specialty coffees. If you are located in the Aruba section at the very far end and f the resort you can walk to the skyliner hub at the Riviera resort it’s literally RIGHT there. Unfortunately there is no coffee stand at that hub. Here’s a tip, some of the skyliner cars are clear (no Disney character wraps on them) and offer FANTASTIC viewing in your ride to the parks. Have a GREAT vacation and enjoy the skyliner…it is AWESOME!

1682001988799.jpeg

Last edited:

Ghostdog

One more tip. If your room isn’t ready when you arrive at the resort stop at bell services and drop off your luggage. Bell services will hold you luggage so you can head to the parks or go enjoy the pool. When your room is ready go straight to your room and call to have bell services deliver your luggage, that way you won’t have to lug it through the resort to your room especially if you’re away from the main resort area. We utilized Bell services (we were there during the spring break crowds) and they were extremely efficient and fast!! Make sure to tip them too!! We also had Bell services hold our luggage on our departure day because we had a late flight, we just called and they came right to our room in the morning and picked it up for us and held it until we collected it 30 minutes before catching our Sunshine Flyer bus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom