Recommendation for quiet onsite resort room...but not too far from things?

Jenny72

Original Poster
Despite being a WDW fan, I've never stayed on site. We may try it for the first time this spring/summer. The problem is, my spouse is easily overwhelmed by a lot of noise and people (insert joke about going to WDW here). He will probably stay back at the resort while the rest of us go to the parks, at least sometimes.

I would love to be on the skyliner route if possible to make it easier for him and us to meet up/take breaks, and so I was considering Caribbean Beach. I think the value resorts would be too crowded for meals/etc. I was wondering if it's possible to request a room in an area at CB that feels a little more secluded. It's hard to tell from videos/etc. where that might be because it's not the type of thing people are typically looking for.

If CB is not a good choice, I'm sure there are other places that would feel more secluded. We may consider Saratoga or Fort Wilderness because they're larger and I'm sure we can find a quiet spot, but I'm not quite as excited about taking the buses everywhere and the pools are somewhat less exciting. If I threw money at the problem, I'm sure there would also be a good solution, but we'd rather not spend more than about $400/night, which is why CB seemed like a good choice (and there's a discount for the time we'd like to go).

Maybe this is a weird request, but if anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them! Thanks so much!

nickys

Premium Member
I loved our recent stay at. Old Key West.
The boat to DS is a lovely excursion and the central area around Hospitality House has some quiet areas. He could simply sit in Papa’s Den and read. Although next to the lobby it seemed quiet. The feature pool is fun too. The whole resort has a quiet feel to it, very peaceful.

Weather_Lady

When we stayed at CBR, we had a rear-facing (that is, courtyard-and-bus-depot-facing) room on the opposite side of the water from Old Port Royale (the hub of the resort), not far from one of the "quiet pools," in what's now the "Aruba" section. We found it very relaxing and peaceful.

Another option, for ease of transportation and reasonable cost, would be Swan/Dolphin, which are walking distance to EPCOT and HS, and get the "deluxe" level entitlement to Extended Evening Hours at MK and EPCOT (per a set schedule).

Last edited:

Ayla

I loved our recent stay at. Old Key West.
The boat to DS is a lovely excursion and the central area around Hospitality House has some quiet areas. He could simply sit in Papa’s Den and read. Although next to the lobby it seemed quiet. The feature pool is fun too. The whole resort has a quiet feel to it, very peaceful.
OKW is a great option, too.

Jenny72

Original Poster
I was a little leery of renting points because there's no easy way to cancel, from what I understand? There are a few reasons I'd like this to be an option. It's so easy to cancel a rooms-only reservation...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was a little leery of renting points because there's no easy way to cancel, from what I understand? There are a few reasons I'd like this to be an option. It's so easy to cancel a rooms-only reservation...
The problem is if you buy a dvc room direct, you’re overpaying for the square footage…and you have limited housekeeping, some reduces services in some spots.

They’re all nice…I just wouldn’t pay the “retail” price

dreday3

Gran Destino was really quiet. Outside was lively in the sense people around, but not loud. The main pool was busy, but the quiet pools were almost always near empty and you can use any of them. The lobby in Gran Destino and the old lobby for CSR has a lot of quiet places to sit. A lot of places to sit outside around the whole resort also.

But the buses were awful for us, so that could be a concern.

Patcheslee

Pool/water view rooms could be less quiet since there is a pool in each area. In general CBR seems more quiet because it's spread across a large area.

Worldlover71

At the CBR, Trinidad is furthest from the center of the resort and therefore might be a little less hectic than the other areas. It has it's own quiet pool and snack bar, but it is a bit of a hike to the Skyliner and other amenities.

Figgy1

Premium Member
If somebody in your group is eligible Shades of Green is extremely quiet and within walking distance of the monorail(Poly) and has their own dedicated busses which are less hectic. IMHO it gives the best of both worlds the quiet of off site yet almost all the benefits (early booking ADRs etc. but not charging to the room) Also the rooms are some of the largest on property

CynBeth

We stayed at CBR for Thanksgiving 2021 in a preferred room in Martinique and found it pretty quiet. It is one of the sections close to the food court and after doing our Genie+ reservations we put in our mobile breakfast order and hit we are here and they did it very quickly even with one being an allergy meal. Either when we were walking over there or just got there we received the your order is ready message. On the days we went to Epcot or HS we took the internal bus to the Skyliner. The buses to MK and AK were just fine. We did not use the pool.

Patcheslee

At the CBR, Trinidad is furthest from the center of the resort and therefore might be a little less hectic than the other areas. It has it's own quiet pool and snack bar, but it is a bit of a hike to the Skyliner and other amenities.
Trinidad isn't bookable right now because of the Pirate room refurb. Some people have randomly been assigned the mermaid rooms recently though.

plutofan15

My favorite places to stay that are on the more quiet side are Saratoga Springs, Old Key West and the cabins at Fort Wilderness. At any of these I would consider renting a car or at least a golf cart if at Fort Wilderness. We stayed at OKW for a week this past August and it was nice and peaceful - with the exception of the one day when the woman in the room below us was on a conference call complete with speaker phone while on her balcony - I knew more about her company's financials that I should have. :rolleyes: Yacht Club is probably the quietest of the Disney hotels in the Epcot area (we have not stayed at the Swan or Dolphin). As far as moderate hotels, Port Orleans French Quarter is more than likely your best bet.

NelleBelle

POR in one of the further Bayou rooms was quite quiet. We were a short walk to a nice quiet pool and the walk to the main bldg/Boatwrights was very peaceful. We had a bus stop just around the corner as well. POFQ can be quiet but we've also had some noise issues there given that it was a smaller resort. That time our room was river-facing and close to the pool.

We also had a casita at CSR that was very quiet. It was one of the furthest blds at the resort so it was a hike to the food court/restaurants. Closer to the main pool but never heard a peep from them.

We definitely loved the peacefulness we had SSR and YC was definitely quiet in the room. However, it was a PITA at times trying to get on the elevator up to room at certain times during the day as some people don't respect those who've been waiting and will just barge onto the elevator 🙄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom