Recent Visit to Disney World

frasertown

Just got back from Spring Break trip, 25 years in a row now and we obviously love it. Two questions and one comment: (1) just down from MGM we saw construction going on and signs up saying "Construction Area - Bonnet Creek Resort".....anyone know what this is going to be? (2) at Boardwalk, I understand they are going to close the dance clubs at the one end and build ?????? Does anyone know what is going in there? (3) general comment about the parks and resort: if I have seen a change over the years, it has been a gradual loss of attention to detail. For example, we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside last week and upon arriving, looked down into the beautiful courtyard and saw two plastic spoons and a tube of caulk laying on the pine needles. I wondered how long they would sit there. Sadly, when we left 5 days later, they were still there....that would not have happened 10 years ago, perhaps due to staff cutbacks or what I fear, focus on the little things is not like it once was. Still yet, a very good time.

Senderella

Originally posted by tomm4004
I disagree. I think it is our job. I'm glad someone has reported this. Next time I visit WDW I'm going to take a box of latex gloves and wear a pair at all times. I wouldn't want to get germs from picking up something that's been lying around for days. Also, I'm going to get a T-Shirt made that says "Guest Clean Up Crew." Do you think they'll let me carry a pointy stick into the parks for picking up litter better? Also, will I get in trouble if I stray off paths to pick up garbage?

Probably not as long as you do the Humphrey & Woodlore "Pickin up the trash BUMP BUMP" song while you're doing it. ;)

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

This is after all why we spend thousands of dollars to go to WDW - to pick up garbage. We're not supposed to complain - we're supposed to act.

If a light bulb isn't working in your room - don't complain, go buy a new one. If you don't get clean towels one morning, don't complain, go to the laundry and wash them yourselves.

THAT is TOO FUNNY! :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

alice

But yall are missing the big question:

HOW DID THE UNDERWEARS GET THERE????

It's not like they just fall off while you're walking around your hotel...well, then again, it was spring break....hmmm....this might be an interesting story....

Upvote 0

Senderella

Originally posted by alice

It's not like they just fall off while you're walking around your hotel...well, then again, it was spring break....hmmm....this might be an interesting story....

In all honesty, (I dont remember which hotel this happened) but someone could've been dryin their wet stuff out on their balcony & some wind picked up? I've seen it happen before. Then again the wild spring break theory could hold up, but I just don't see wild spring breakers hitting WDW when they can go a few hours more and hit Ft. Lauderdale.

Upvote 0

cherrynegra

Originally posted by alice

Yes, this may be another variation of "If a tree falls in the woods" saying. Instead it would be "If a pair of underwear are laying on the ground and no one notices, is there really then an owner walking around commando?"

Upvote 0

Gucci65

The undies in question were at Port Orleans Riverside during December 9th thru December 14th, 2003. I did not get close enough to inspect them so I can't say for sure, but they looked like men's undies. They were on the main bridge as you walk up to the main building. We were wondering as well how they got there. I pick up coke cans and trash wrappers to a certain degree, but no way in h*ll am I picking up drawers. :lol:

Upvote 0

tomm4004

In all honesty, (I dont remember which hotel this happened) but someone could've been dryin their wet stuff out on their balcony & some wind picked up
"The answer my friend, is blowin' in the wind. The answer is blowin' in the wind."
The undies in question were at Port Orleans Riverside during December 9th thru December 14th, 2003.
They'll be appearing next at the House of Blues - April 1st through 5th.

Upvote 0

Senderella

"The answer my friend, is blowin' in the wind. The answer is blowin' in the wind." They'll be appearing next at the House of Blues - April 1st through 5th.

LOL Undies on tour? Is this a new attraction not listed in any of the travel guides? :lol:

Upvote 0

Bimmy56

The 'whatever" story reminded me of our trip last week - we encountered our first rude castmember in approx. 20 vacations to WDW. That really says something great about WDW - that we could go that long until we found one.

At the pizza place at MK after Wishes, everyone had pulled all the chairs up to the edge and this young lady had to put them all back. She was obviously ed, and angrily dragged them all back while scraping them loudly on the floor. She made such a racket that a family had asked her nicely to do it a little quieter, and she proceded to get into an argument with them about how much work she had to do. Then a lady with a sleeping baby in a stroller came by, and she scraped some chairs right next to the stroller. The lady sold her "shhh" and she then said something to the lady. At this point the family that she had gotten into the argument with reported her to the pizza pavillion manager.

The next night we went back to the same place, as my grandaughter liked to watch Tinkerbelle flying towards her. When we got there, there was a circle of 5 people arguing, including guess who, plus 2 guests and 2 older CM's. I heard the man say to this employee, "I think you should be quiet so you don't lose your job". needless to say, someone else put the chairs back that night.

That's one employee who probably didn't make it past her first week.

Upvote 0
J

joviacdan

Wow - That's unreal.

I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I'm really not. It's hard to explain. It seems lately as though castmembers are either not very well trained, have very little knowledge of the parks, or are just plain rude.

We ran into a rude castmember at TTA, Splash Mountain, and we talked to some rude people while trying to make reservations.

Gotta admit it's funny though, when someone you're talking to on the phone isn't particularly polite, sounds bored, yet ends the conversation almost asleep by saying "Have a magical day".

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom