Recent Reviews of Skipper Canteen

drcasey

We went in April and the 3 of us who ate there all loved it! Super cool inside and our waitress was in character and awesome! The food isn't for people who don't have sophisticated palates but it is imo the best quality food in MK by far

Maerj

Here are some pictures from our last visit to Skipper Canteen.

13775941_1395427077150491_5969491370246934504_n.jpg

13728900_1395427083817157_5402740643030466376_n.jpg

13692727_1395427100483822_482474593612340762_n.jpg

13775400_1395426983817167_6447437967188963610_n.jpg

That soup looks good!

Trisha Lynn

We had a great waiter, who was into the whole Skipper spiel. We noticed that he kind of tested you to see how you’d play along, and that determined how he progressed through the meal. When he saw we were into hit, he was in full Skipper form.

Oh, this is so important. I hope all of the CMs have been given that training and can do that as well as he did. I certainly hope you gave good feedback to Disney about him.

I am way more excited now about getting an ADR for this restaurant. All the food looks so good. And I am super happy that MK has more adventurous food options because that's one of the things my hubs and I like to do when we travel: Eat food that we normally don't eat at home. For example, when we did our belated honeymoon cruise, the hubs and I deliberately went away from the pre-fab cruise center area to eat at a real local restaurant in Jamaica. (Walking distance, though; we did not get a cab.) The oxtail dish I had was so good.

danyoung56

I hope all of the CMs have been given that training and can do that as well as he did.

My waiter was kind of an odd duck. He would say something funny, and then I'd say something funny back, and then he'd stare at me for a few seconds, and then go on to his next funny. At one point he asked me if I wanted a free FastPass to the fireworks that night. When I said yes, he threw a straw at me. Didn't get it then, still don't. But once we sorta figgered each other out we had a good time.

Hockey89

My waiter was kind of an odd duck. He would say something funny, and then I'd say something funny back, and then he'd stare at me for a few seconds, and then go on to his next funny. At one point he asked me if I wanted a free FastPass to the fireworks that night. When I said yes, he threw a straw at me. Didn't get it then, still don't. But once we sorta figgered each other out we had a good time.
mmmm... Threw a straw at you.... I can't figure this out...

Weather_Lady

mmmm... Threw a straw at you.... I can't figure this out...

All I can think is that it's some sort of reference to the idea that if you get hit on the head hard enough, you see "fireworks"... although since it's poor form to hit a guest hard on the head with something, a harmless straw was used...

Hockey89

All I can think is that it's some sort of reference to the idea that if you get hit on the head hard enough, you see "fireworks"... although since it's poor form to hit a guest hard on the head with something, a harmless straw was used...
Nice... Good be on point with that... I was lost lol

Me 'Earties

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate
We were there last week, and we enjoyed it. We had the shumai, arepas, and falafel to share, and thought the arepas were the best (all three were good!). I had the noodle bowl with duck and it was huge-and I can eat a lot. I was still trying to finish while everyone else was done! It had a good flavor, and similar to pho. It didn't have the in depth flavor as a true pho dish, but I still thought it was pretty darn good. I wish I had taken pictures but the little crazy ones sometimes prevent me from that ;)

Dads 2 Boys

My wife and I ate there in May and loved it. It will definitely be part of our rotation in the future. The menu is very different which is one of the positives for us as we are culinarily adventurous.

Belle_MTL

My husband and I ate there a month ago, he is an adventurous eater, I am not, and we both LOVED it. My husband ordered the lamb and at the end of the trip declared it to be his favourite meal from the trip. I had the noodle bowl with chicken and still find myself thinking about it. :)

Otterhead

After reading some early reviews here and other sites that seemed disappointed, I had low expectations, but quite honestly Skipper Canteen was one of my favorite meals this past trip. Terrific food -- several dishes are identical to what you'd get at Tiffins and other more-pricey places -- and a wonderfully designed atmosphere with plenty of Adventurer's Club (and Jungle Cruise) references throughout. Cannot recommend highly enough. I do have to say that my group's waiter was efficient and pleasant but was in no way "in character"; have other waiters done the Jungle Skipper routine sort of thing for people?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom