REALLY weird question for management of hotels

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeTrip

Interruption? said:
Well this is on the second to last day we're there. I'm pretty sure I was told that the school administration planned this whole trip out with Disney first, and I'm fairly sure they told us that the pool was scheduled to remain open later specifically for us. I don't expect to get more than 100 out there and I dont expect it to get out of hand. I expect people to go down, be like "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" and get bored really quick and then go to bed.
But I thought it was a day time event? :)

Still 100 sounds much more reasonable ;)

Interruption?

Original Poster
TimeTrip said:
But I thought it was a day time event? :)

Still 100 sounds much more reasonable ;)
Lol. Yeah then I realized we won't be at the hotel during the day. Plus the pool, I'm pretty sure is being kept open for us into the night.

robynchic

Interruption? said:
The fact that I don't by into your inductive reasoning of the situation does NOT by any means indicate that I am not thinking clearly. First of all, freaked out by people wearing sheets? Come on. They can handle a giant mouse hugging them, I think they can handle high school seniors in bedsheets. Second, I renew my statement that we would be hanging out in our own corner of the pool area. Third, "no alcohol, bull hockey?" I'm sorry you're so jaded. Don't make assumptions about me and my comrades and our supposed habitual rule breaking. Fourth, if you're terrified for your children, then, sorry, but you need to get a grip on the situation. Will we be running? Most likely no. Will there be alcohol? No. Scaring your kids? Um. No. As for blacklisting us for celebrating our friend's birthday in an unconventional way? Puh-lease.

I understand your concerns and they are, uh, duely noted, but there's a fine line between calmly discussing what we might do, and being a sensationalist trying to paint it as a terrible picture and something other than what it is meant to be, simple, lighthearted fun. Proceed to rip my argument a new one if you please.
As you have given me permission to, I will indeed to rip into your argument.

I reiterate, I am a college student. I am also a cast member. In the entertainment department. I'm sure that there are a few members here (I know I've worked with a at least one of them) that can agree- not every child can handle a "giant mouse hugging them." I have seen a number of children screaming and crying at the sight of a character they have ON THEIR CLOTHING.

You never mentioned how many students there would be involved in this little "game" of yours. Everyone here assumed, based on what you have said, that the entire student body would be involved in this. Therefore, basing it off of the implication that every student would be involved, we assume that there will be alcohol. So would you like to enlighten us, oh Invincible One, as to how many would be involved? And I would need to get a grip on the situation? Let's ask the other members here:

If you guys saw a number of high school students in togas, coming into the pool area, and they seemed to be the least bit rowdy, would you be afraid of what the high schoolers may do?

So now that I have returned your post with the reasoning I have, also asking further questions, I would like to make a recommendation-
Learn grammar and spelling. It's "duly," not "duely". It's "buy," not "by".

Furthermore, you have NO idea what people have been removed from the parks for. Wearing inappropriate attire can prevent you from being admitted to the parks. Doing things that could harm yourself or others can remove you from the park. Those are a couple of examples.

Here's another idea that may be more entertaining, and not at all controversial-

Depending on what you are allowed to do, see if you can book a reservation at a restaurant (character dining would be especially entertaining for this). Have all your friends pitch in to get the one friend a nice birthday cake (it will cost a little extra). The characters will harass your friend, also. So you CAN have your cake, and eat it, too!

Interruption?

Original Poster
robynchic said:
As you have given me permission to, I will indeed to rip into your argument.

I reiterate, I am a college student. I am also a cast member. In the entertainment department. I'm sure that there are a few members here (I know I've worked with a at least one of them) that can agree- not every child can handle a "giant mouse hugging them." I have seen a number of children screaming and crying at the sight of a character they have ON THEIR CLOTHING.

You never mentioned how many students there would be involved in this little "game" of yours. Everyone here assumed, based on what you have said, that the entire student body would be involved in this. Therefore, basing it off of the implication that every student would be involved, we assume that there will be alcohol. So would you like to enlighten us, oh Invincible One, as to how many would be involved? And I would need to get a grip on the situation? Let's ask the other members here:

If you guys saw a number of high school students in togas, coming into the pool area, and they seemed to be the least bit rowdy, would you be afraid of what the high schoolers may do?

So now that I have returned your post with the reasoning I have, also asking further questions, I would like to make a recommendation-
Learn grammar and spelling. It's "duly," not "duely". It's "buy," not "by".

Furthermore, you have NO idea what people have been removed from the parks for. Wearing inappropriate attire can prevent you from being admitted to the parks. Doing things that could harm yourself or others can remove you from the park. Those are a couple of examples.

Here's another idea that may be more entertaining, and not at all controversial-

Depending on what you are allowed to do, see if you can book a reservation at a restaurant (character dining would be especially entertaining for this). Have all your friends pitch in to get the one friend a nice birthday cake (it will cost a little extra). The characters will harass your friend, also. So you CAN have your cake, and eat it, too!
Mhm. Well I'll just store those little nuggets of wisdom and grammarianism away. Interesting. I didn't know that because there were alot of us and because of our age, we automatically drink whenever we get the chance. Hmm. Learn something new every.

duchess1576

576 kids???

Oh dear.

How come nobody thought to just click on this guy's profile and see what he put under "Next Visit to WDW - Location:" ?

He's staying at All Star Sports Resort.

I've stayed at All-Star Sports and neither of those pools are big enough for 576 people. It would be a mob scene.

Don't do it, kiddo.

Seriously.

tigger248

SoccerMickey said:
tigger248 said:
Actually, it could affect someone elses day. It would depend on the place and time and way it's executed. For example, if I'm trying to walk back to my room after a long, hard day in the parks and I'm greeted by a wall of toga wearing kids sprinting for the pool, it may affect me.

LONG HARD DAY AT THE PARKS???!!??? How can a day at the parks be long and hard, what are you doing while you're there fixing toilets? You go to Walt Disney World for vacationing and fun if you consider your days at the parks to be long and hard then you might want to consider different vacation destinations.
Listen grads, grab your togas, be safe, be courteous, and HAVE FUN!!! Your buddy isn't going to have the opportunity to spend many birthdays at a fun place like Walt Disney World so if you want to do something clever to make it memorable I say go for it and take tons of pictures.

When I go to WDW I try to see and do as much as possible. We're in the parks sun up to sun down. I know that I'm only there once a year at the very most. Therefore, I shove as much into my day as I possibly can. So, when the day ends, I'm often exhausted. It's a fun exhaustion, but tiring just the same. Plus you have the heat to factor in as well as lines everywhere you go. Heat, lines, heavy crowds, and long days can all lead up to a long and hard day. Sorry if you think I'm crazy, but that's just the way that my family is when we go.

And BTW, we are considering a different vacation this year. We're going to Disneyland.

Back on topic, I still think that overall the toga party is a bad idea. There are ways that it could maybe work, but most likely it won't. Things get out of hand too fast. It wasn't that long ago that I was in high school. I still remember how it goes. You may not plan on it getting out of hand. You don't plan on alcohol getting snuck in. But it will most likely happen. Other hotel guests will complain (and trust me on that one...I've seen them complain for less from working in guest relations at Six Flags and merchandise at WDW).

Why would you want to risk your schools reputation at WDW? Why would you want to risk yours and your classmates privileges? If this toga party gets out of hand and you're disciplined (or worse...) by WDW, there's a high chance that you'd be looking at having some other senior activities taken away. I've seen that happen too.

TimeTrip

Interruption? said:
Mhm. Well I'll just store those little nuggets of wisdom and grammarianism away. Interesting. I didn't know that because there were alot of us and because of our age, we automatically drink whenever we get the chance. Hmm. Learn something new every.
I, unfortunately, would agree with the assessment that there will be alcohol somewhere if it's done as an "anyone who wants to come" event, whether its before, during, or after this gathering.

thejohn

There wearing togas big deal. The problem would be the numbers and just like angry eyes said your all paying guest how do they decide who leaves the pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom