REALLY weird question for management of hotels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interruption?

Original Poster
maelstrom said:
Disney World is not the place for college students in togas, let alone several hundred of them. School groups are out of hand at WDW to begin with. This is just ridiculous.
Like that. We're in high school. We won't be drinking. I fail to see the problem.

ECurto

Interruption? said:
As I've mentioned before, my senior trip to WDW will be from March 28th to April 1st. My friends birthday is during the trip. Let's just say this: What would happen if, over our bathing suits, we wore togas down to the pool in celebration? ....All 576 of us?

Sounds hysterical! I say do it, and then post the pics here. I wanna see!
People are gonna have a problem with it. But as long as your not loud and roudy, i saw go for it. I think a group of 500+ could get very out of hand very quick. But if you say your all responcable i have no reason not to belive you. It sounds like a fun high school experence. Ill be there then too... uhh o. What hotel you at? lol

maelstrom

Interruption? said:
Like that. We're in high school. We won't be drinking. I fail to see the problem.

Drinking is not the issue. People can act stupid without alcohol. You can't tell me that 576 high school seniors in a group are going to act like angels and not disrupt other guests at the resort, especially pulling a stunt like this. I know you don't want to hear it, you'd rather listen to the other people here telling you to go for it, but this is simply inappropriate for Disney World.

kodiak5bears

Interruption? said:

576 toga wearing High School students on a trip and NO ONE will be drinking? :lol: yeah...right!

kodiak5bears

Interruption? said:
How come? It's not like we're affecting your day in anyway.

HOW COME?? :eek: Some people have to save up for YEARS to visit WDW! Some people only get to experience the "magic" once in their life.

This is our second annual trip, and after a 12 hour DRIVE to get there I REALLY hope you won't be at my hotel! No offense. But when I get there and check-in, unpack, and head down to the pool with my family and friends... the LAST thing I am going to want to see or HEAR is 576 partying teens! :hammer:

abe_bb

Without getting into the whole "you spoiled brats back in my day we never went on senior trips" rant (JK)

Seriously, it depends on what hotel you are staying at, and where you do it.

From my perspective, take the following examples, all during the day:

1 - Only 1 pool at the resort, and you were all congregated around it - I would probably be a little po'd, especially if (since you are in togas) you aren't swimming. Go somewhere else

2 - At a multi-pool resort, you guys go for either a smaller, or more out of the way pool - that would actually be okay with me. Even if we stayed right there, it would be more like any other time when the pool is busy - "well, we'll just walk to another one!

3 - Multi-pool resort, you guys go for the main pool - I would personally not care, because we don't like the main pools anyway :) but I can definitely see where others would be angry.

Basically, my advice (echoing that of others):

1 - Call the resort ahead of time, let them know your intentions, and honestly say you are willing to accept their decision. The best way to make a good impression (especially as a group of "children", yes I know you aren't but that is how they may see you) is to submit to their authority.

2 - Try to have the chaperones or some designated "peacekeepers" there - I know you all have the best intentions, but it only takes one shove, or one person to bring a flask and get drunk, and you may have a problem. Have someone there that can "handle" the situation before it gets out of hand.

3 - Most of all, be kind and courteous to other guests. Don't block walkways, don't run past them when going to and from the party, and most of all don't get cocky when they complain (because they will complain, i'm sorry but that is the honest truth - people will complain).

abe_bb

kodiak5bears said:
HOW COME?? :eek: Some people have to save up for YEARS to visit WDW! Some people only get to experience the "magic" once in their life.

This is our second annual trip, and after a 12 hour DRIVE to get there I REALLY hope you won't be at my hotel! No offense. But when I get there and check-in, unpack, and head down to the pool with my family and friends... the LAST thing I am going to want to see or HEAR is 576 partying teens! :hammer:

Sorry I just had to comment, and I am not saying at all that you or anyone here is one of these but...

I would rather see 576 partying teens than 10 out of control children under 12 with no parents in site.

Why? Because I know the partying teens will do there thing and then disperse. The 10 out of control children with no parents will be there and wreaking havoc every time you want to use the pool (murphy's law, after all).

Uponastar

Togas or not, this staggeringly large group of teens will be staying at somebody's hotel and visiting the parks. I would assume that this trip has been thoroughly planned and that a significant number of chaperones will be travelling with the kids. I am also assuming that a definite set of rules of behavior have been presented and are expected to be followed. A group of this magnitude is bound to be loud and somewhat rowdy, but manageable if careful consideration is taken.
I say, contact management about the toga idea ahead of time, and take it from there.

gingerbuzz

From a scottish point of view I first read the first post and thought it was on the topic of seniors which to me personally means those over 70 so i was confused but it is all cleared up in my head.

I don't see why this should be a problem as long as you are not overly rowdy.

Nemo14

I think I'd be really annoyed if I were trying to relax in the pool with young children and suddenly a crowd of teens like this appeared. As has been mentioned before, people save up for a long time for a family vacation, particularly if they are staying on Disney property.

I have to agree that you certainly should call the resort first to check with them about this. Perhaps they could give you a suggestion of how to pull off the kind of surprise you're going for here without causing chaos to the other guests.
Have fun!

Alztybrn

One problem I see that may cause an issue is don't the pools have occupancy limits? 576 kids may put them over that limit, and give Disney a reason to "shut" down the party.

Lee

Adventurer
Definately call the resort first.
This is just the sort of thing that, if not approved beforehand, would get shut down in a heartbeat.

kodiak5bears

You know... if you contact the hotel and let them know about what you would like to do they may just accomodate your party! You never know... it is WDW after all! :king:

Captain Hank

Definately call the hotel and let them know what is going on. I know that if I were working at a hotel and saw 500 people wearing togas heading for the pool, I would call security first and ask questions later. Not knowing what is going on, they would probably assume that this could get out of hand really fast (and it still might without proper supervision). Please, call them first, and they just might accomidate you (though I would love to see the hotel manager's face when he hears the word "toga"). Also, please do be courteous to the other guests at the hotel--they're on vacation too.

TimeTrip

Call me a pessimist, but I doubt you're going to get all 500+ to participate, unless it's the day you're leaving, or for some reason your entire group is stuck at the hotel for the day... I'd be surprised if you got 100. You're on your senior trip, and you have a chance to go to a park, but you hang by the pool? I'm sure alot of people would go for that, but everyone?

SoccerMickey

tigger248 said:
Actually, it could affect someone elses day. It would depend on the place and time and way it's executed. For example, if I'm trying to walk back to my room after a long, hard day in the parks and I'm greeted by a wall of toga wearing kids sprinting for the pool, it may affect me.

LONG HARD DAY AT THE PARKS???!!??? How can a day at the parks be long and hard, what are you doing while you're there fixing toilets? You go to Walt Disney World for vacationing and fun if you consider your days at the parks to be long and hard then you might want to consider different vacation destinations.
Listen grads, grab your togas, be safe, be courteous, and HAVE FUN!!! Your buddy isn't going to have the opportunity to spend many birthdays at a fun place like Walt Disney World so if you want to do something clever to make it memorable I say go for it and take tons of pictures.

TimeTrip

SoccerMickey said:
LONG HARD DAY AT THE PARKS???!!??? How can a day at the parks be long and hard, what are you doing while you're there fixing toilets? You go to Walt Disney World for vacationing and fun if you consider your days at the parks to be long and hard then you might want to consider different vacation destinations.

Some people get enjoyment out of Disney by doing as much as they can, or more than just walking casually about and riding a ride or two here and there. I would guess that most people that do go to disney are usually tired after a long day at the parks. Especially if you have children. I could be wrong though.

Tom

Beta Return
SoccerMickey said:
tigger248 said:
Actually, it could affect someone elses day. It would depend on the place and time and way it's executed. For example, if I'm trying to walk back to my room after a long, hard day in the parks and I'm greeted by a wall of toga wearing kids sprinting for the pool, it may affect me.

Listen grads, grab your togas, be safe, be courteous, and HAVE FUN!!! Your buddy isn't going to have the opportunity to spend many birthdays at a fun place like Walt Disney World so if you want to do something clever to make it memorable I say go for it and take tons of pictures.

I'm 25. I've been going on my own (with my brother and/or friends) since I was 18. We would definately consider our park days LONG AND HARD, but worth every minute. We go in June (because of schedules) so it's hot and miserable - thus, standing is LONG AND HARD - without walking 8 miles and riding things.

On the original subject, I would simply ask that you put yourself in the shoes of every other guest at the resort. Look around you when you're planning or executing this event. If you think that you or your actions might annoy someone, or hamper their vacation in any way, or offend them, or cause a disruption to sleep or enjoyment - don't do it. Otherwise, do it wisely and safely and courteously.

Scooter

Call the resort first and get their ok to pull this stunt.
They may say no...you will have to go to plan B whatever that is.
If you do it w/o Disney Resort permission, there is a very good chance that you may be kicked off of Disney property.
I personally would'nt want to take that chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom