Reality TV

NobodyBaby

Original Poster
With the WGA strike going on, there seems to be nothing left to watch besides “reality” tv shows. I’m so sick of them, especially with those competition-type shows.
Anyway, I was wondering what sort of reality shows you guys are currently watching and why you watch it. I realized that I’ve run out of things to watch.

maggiegrace1

Reality TV is all I really watch..I am so addicted..
Right now I am watching..and will watch..

The Biggest Loser "Couples"..I HEART The Biggest loser...It amazes me how much weight these people lose and then keep it off after the show..I want to go on it and have Jillian be my trainer..:)

Celebrity Apprentice..Drama Drama and "You're Fired!"..Love it!

Survivor "Fan vs Favorites"..It is Survivor..and I Love Jeff Probst..:)

Big Brother....Once again..DRAMA..:)..I love all the backstabbing and manipulating and stupidity..LOL...

I think that is all that is coming up so far...

I also love Top Chef and Hell's Kitchen and shows like that..The Bachelor..I also love the MTV shows..."The Hills", Real World, things like that..:)..oh and I Love New York.and Flavor Of Love...those are basically just for the drama and to make fun of people..LOL..:)

What can I say I am a reality TV junkie...:)

Laura

Premium Member
I'm not so big on reality shows. I like Biggest Loser and American Idol and that's it.

I usually watch Animal Planet (Animal Precinct and Animal Cops) or Discovery Health (Mystery Diagnosis, Dr. G, etc.).

miles1

I'm not into "reality" TV too much. A lot of them are just way over the top to the point of being offensive (i.e. Tia Tequila), and have no basis in reality. Want reality? Do a show about 2 middle-class parents scrambling around to make a living and feed, clothe and shelter their kids. It makes the "Amazing Race" look like a road race with tortoises.:lol:

DW and I have been watching The Biggest Loser a lot, mostly for inspiration. (Although I could do without seeing some of those folks shirtless.) Want I want them to do is have all the contestants back from 2 or 3 seasons ago to see what they look like now.

Other favs are the home related shows on HGTV. We bought a new house last year and are constantly looking for inspiration on remodeling projects.

I am with you that the writer's strike has gone on way too long, but these folks need to do it to get what's due them, I suppose.

dandaman

I partially retract my previous statement. Meerkat Manor is the best reality show because it really is part of nature (or the closest thing to it, as far as reality shows go), and not some program showcasing girls who have wider than THEY are.

MAF

The only reality show that I am watching right now is Project Runway, but even that is starting to lose its fun. The only thing I'm looking forward to is the return of LOST!

k.hunter30

The only reality show that I am watching right now is Project Runway, but even that is starting to lose its fun. The only thing I'm looking forward to is the return of LOST!
Ditto! January 31! :sohappy::sohappy: I hope the strike will end soon so we get more than the 8 episodes or whatever it's at now.

And, whew! Where does everyone find the time to watch all those reality television shows? I can barely keep up with the handful of regular shows I watch.

Fantasmic!329

I watch:
American Idol
American Inventor
The Bachelor
The Biggest Loser (most inspiring show ever.)
and I think that's it -- reality TV wise. :lol:

Oops! I forgot America's Got Talent.
I don't like that one as much as AI, but it's all right.

GenerationX

I'm with maggiegrace1. The best shows on television are reality shows: Survivor and The Amazing Race. American Idol and The Apprentice are fun, too. The only show I'm really missing because of the strike is House.

doop

I completely despise Television in general except for 24, Scrubs, South Park, Discovery Channel, and History Channel. However, I will note that watching I Love New York on VH1 is quite hilarious (just because of how trashy it is).

duck_daddy

Ooo, forgot about that one!

We've been watching it in Anatomy. My teacher got us all hooked!
House holds true more than most think in relation to Hospital antics. The freaks of medicine, not so much, but the games, betting, and so on, dead on. You want an accurate description of hospital actions, watch Scrubs, it really works like that!

NobodyBaby

Original Poster
I have yet to watch an episode of House. I made a deal with my friend that if she starts watching Scrubs, I'll start House; I'll let you know how that turns out :)

As for reality shows .. I love Discovery Channel shows (Man vs. Wild, Survivorman, Mythbusters), Food Network (Dinner Impossible, Good Eats), and Bravo shows (Project Runway, Top Chef). Oh, and I just watched the new episode of Celebrity Apprentice .. not sure how I feel about that one yet.

I'm going to be checking out Lifetime's reality shows (How To Look Good Naked and Top This Party) tonight. Both seem to be promising shows, esp. with How To Look Good Naked being immensely popular in the UK and Top This Party as a mix following along the lines of Ace of Cakes and My Super Sweet Sixteen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom