Reality Check for Parade Tape-ee's!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I haven't noticed it much here at wdwmagic, but other places it's starting to crop up. So, for the sake of keeping our board members happy and sane, a reality check:

If you signed up for the parade you are comitting to the filming during the period you're assigned to.

They are exchanging free admission to the MK for you to WORK as an extra during the filming.

There are lots of people who see this as a more than fair-enough trade, and there is a LONG waitlist for spots in the signup. I highly recommend excusing yourself from the filming if:

1. You feel little timmy or tammy might not enjoy the stops in the parade, AKA: You're worried it might not make the most magical day at WDW for your young family. Again, this is essentially a "paid" position as an extra and if you plan on leaving if T or T fidgets, you're better off just not doing it for both parties.

2. You're in any way going for the sake of "seeing" the Christmas parade. The parade will be shot in segments, maybe not even near you. You might not see anything other than the backside of Kelly Rippa's head as she goes through the entire narration of the parade sans floats.

3. You're worried about potty breaks, smoke breaks, food breaks, etc. Again, this is not a normal day in the park and you're technically working.

So, i guess my feeling is that if you're going into it thinking it's a normal day in the park with the thrill of being on TV - please don't. It is exciting and it can be fun, but going thinking they'll cater your own personal whims or will run the parade in any manner which is convienent for yourself rather than the shooting schedule is ill-advised.

Anways - hope everyone has fun, no matter what you choose to do that day. Just be considerate of the people who would want to be there to do the job.

SewIn2Disney

I don't know if this is correct, but it sounds like Merf is just trying to clear up some uncertanties there might be floating around the internet about the day of the taping of the parade. (For those who might be in attendance)

ECurto

I thought the "extras" were AP holders only. Therefore we are not gettign anything. Also I have gone to 2 tapeings, you are able to leave whenever you want.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
ECurto said:
I thought the "extras" were AP holders only. Therefore we are not gettign anything. Also I have gone to 2 tapeings, you are able to leave whenever you want.

And its different this year - thus the confusion. It's not all AP's, though they're allowed to attend. It is a real expectation and job-like situation.

PS: Dave, shut up.

tjmouse

Well, if you see a crazed 30 something woman handcuffed to a lamp post, you'll know they didn't let me go have a smoke and since I am basically "a paid extra" (not, because I am an AP holder) I guess they'll have to fire me! I totally understand the point here, but I think maybe the production company could have made that clear from the beginning. I do plan on staying for the whole slot, but the best laid plans....

By the way merf, you didn't have to go and use my real name in the post! :cool:

fkflintstone

So should the average person go to MK on the day of the parade taping or is the whole place going to be a madhouse?My family and I will be there on the 2nd and 3rd and we thought we would try to go and catch a little of it and do other things as well ,should we just go to a diffrent park instead?

DiPSU224

fkflintstone said:
So should the average person go to MK on the day of the parade taping or is the whole place going to be a madhouse?My family and I will be there on the 2nd and 3rd and we thought we would try to go and catch a little of it and do other things as well ,should we just go to a diffrent park instead?

I would avoid the park that day if I were you. I was there last year on the day they filmed the parade. We got there about mid-morning and the crowds were insane. It took literally 30 mins just to get down Main St. We thought the rides would be walk-ons with everyone watching the filming but we were very wrong. We left the park after one ride and headed over to Epcot where it was empty.
We did get to see Mariah Carey perform on the second day of taping which was neat, but almost not worth the aggrevation of having to get through the packed park. Good luck! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom