Real or prop?

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
I saw this posted elsewhere, and someone was asking if it was a real fire (pull) alarm (at DHS on Sunset Blvd) or a prop.
I say it's a prop, but was curious if anyone had a more definitive answer.
IF it is a prop, what does it do when you pull it?

Ff3ImoKYasDu1uFPWTDQdBiaHdT4iZ6gMncKbqEGGOE.jpg

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I saw this posted elsewhere, and someone was asking if it was a real fire (pull) alarm (at DHS on Sunset Blvd) or a prop.
I say it's a prop, but was curious if anyone had a more definitive answer.
IF it is a prop, what does it do when you pull it?

View attachment 178177
Well, if it's real you go to jail for creating an unnecessary panic. I don't see any reason for that to be there as a prop. I think it is real. So if you are looking forward to a little downtime in the Orlando area, I'd go for it. Let us know what happened. Why would anyone think that is a prop. How does it relate to the area it's in and wouldn't in the event of an actual fire possibly be a cause for more injuries or deaths. My advice... don't pull it. If it's real it will not be funny. If it isn't real it wouldn't be funny enough to make the risk worthwhile.

UKDisney Dave

I'd put my money on prop. No reason why if it was modern and real it should stick out so far from the wall. Also a strange location for it if it's actually real. Why would it be outside?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It was posted on Reddit. Someone reported back that they pulled it and it was...

a prop.

Someone else pointed out that you generally don't put fire alarms on the outside of buildings, so, that should have been a clue.

graphite1326

Well, if it's real you go to jail for creating an unnecessary panic. I don't see any reason for that to be there as a prop. I think it is real. So if you are looking forward to a little downtime in the Orlando area, I'd go for it. Let us know what happened. Why would anyone think that is a prop. How does it relate to the area it's in and wouldn't in the event of an actual fire possibly be a cause for more injuries or deaths. My advice... don't pull it. If it's real it will not be funny. If it isn't real it wouldn't be funny enough to make the risk worthwhile.
I just find it odd that it would be in such a strange place. It doesn't seam to have any relevance. Also, why put it in such a place where the public could have access. Does anyone know if there are other fire alarms around the parks open like this?

Goofyernmost

Certainly is possible, but, why? I'm of the belief that they should film it and anyone that pulls it should get arrested. For all they know it is real and there is a law about doing panic inducing things in a crowd. You know, yelling FIRE in a theater! If fake it is at best a stupid study on the irresponsibility of the human race and at worse, very disturbing. If not fake it is only legit to pull if there is actually a fire. Explain to me the humor in that.

Goofyernmost

So if it is a prop, what's the point of it being there? Some kind of inside joke, or perhaps a tribute to an Imagineer, or reference to a date maybe?

Found a closeup shot of it here: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/77036821

Is there maybe some significance to the number 5444 on it?
On the positive side, there is nothing there to break the glass with, but, if it is a prop it has no significance that I can think of so pretty much a waste of space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom