ready to go a different route

forevermickey

:)I am ready to book... FINALLY... I have asked questions a while ago about renting or buying dvc points so I can stay at a deluxe resort. I have looked at David's Vacation Rentals and MouseOwners.com.... I have had a hard time booking because there is no cancellation policy unless you purchase travel insurance. Can anyone give me some words of encouragement or steer give their advice on taking this route? Thanks:)

forevermickey

Original Poster
As you've already realized, the biggest huddle in renting points is getting past the no cancellation policy. As yourself a couple of questions:
  1. Am I really committed to making this vacation happen?
  2. Are there any likely circumstances that would make me cancel?
I've done a few "no cancellation" vacation rentals with no problems. But I also knew, barring an unexpected death or illness in the family, I was going to go. If you're in the same position, go for it!
thank you for the vote of confidence:) I believe we are committed barring the same situations you listed....

Upvote 0

docdebbi

why are you not interested in insurance? i ALWAYS purchase it, just in case of the situations you listed. you never know when someone is going to become ill.
i use insuremytrip.com and you can get a cheapo plan or a cadillac plan.....depending what you want to spend. but if all you want is to cover the resort, it should be pretty cheap, and worth it for the peace of mind it gives you

Upvote 0

Mot

I've always purchased the insurance plan at least to cover the resort and tickets. A friend of ours became sick the night before and ended up in the hospital. The trip was paid for with no additional cost to them. The airline tickets however are a seperate item due to being booked separately.

Upvote 0

luv

I'd just buy insurance. Plenty of people have to cancel trips at the last minute due to illness or injury.

The reason I don't rent points is that I could end up out the cash with no place to stay when I arrived. I know people say that would never happen, but if you ask them to sign an agreement in which they say they'll pay for your hotel if someone else screws you, they generally will refuse to sign it when signing time comes.

Does David agree to pay for your hotel if the other party screws you?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom