Re-Theming HISTK Playground

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
First, this should be in the General Discussion or Armchair Imagineering forum.

B. They will just make it a cupcake stand when they need to announce something "new and exciting" for Disney fans after another wall goes up in HS.

French Quarter

Original Poster
I say destroy the playground and make room for other things. Bugs life is already relevant in AK and HISTK is not even a movie most younger guests would know. Just get rid of the playground.

I think these playground areas are actually really great. I can understand that people without small children could easily just pass them by. But there are very few places in the parks where kids can just run around. I love areas like this.

orlando678-

I think these playground areas are actually really great. I can understand that people without small children could easily just pass them by. But there are very few places in the parks where kids can just run around. I love areas like this.
I actually hope that Toy Story Land is going to take over the role of this playground area, so that the HISTK playground can be used for other things. As great as the playground is, we need land for more expansions because the park won't do with just Toy Story land, Star Wars land and old Hollywood as areas.

Herbie

I understand change is inevitable... but HISTK was THE hit of the year/summer when the park opened. I could care less if One Man's Dream was relocated or renovated or dare I say replaced... but something honoring the history of the park should stay. I was really hoping the shrunk ray and other notable props from the prop warehouse section of the back lot tour would stay as a mini Treasures from the Disney Archive exhibit. On the topic of HISTK... I was born a year before the final film and TV series were released. I had known of both before Disney Channel finally showed the original on TV in '02 when I was 6... fell in love. We shouldn't underestimate the power and longevity of cinema. Although the heads of programming who only show the current certainly do. Keeping the playground has expanded the films shelf life, thank god. All the more reason to shed light on things that are swept under the rug. The first two films receive heavy enough airplay on my general movie channels like Flix, IFC, and the like... the third shows pretty damn regularly on the Discovery Family Channel (Newsies is on right now in fact). I know the playgrounds location is working against it ... but it plays a crucial role, and considering how many times I've tried to get a picture with Anty, is ALWAYS packed. I say keep it for the history...the park needs updated but I would still love to see the 90s represented i.e. Honey, Roger, Dick Tracy, Rocketeer...

Robbiemoo

I actually hope that Toy Story Land is going to take over the role of this playground area, so that the HISTK playground can be used for other things. As great as the playground is, we need land for more expansions because the park won't do with just Toy Story land, Star Wars land and old Hollywood as areas.

I agree with this. When Toy Story land opens the park will have a large land where you are shrunk to tiny size. It would be great if they could reuse some of the playground props and use the area for something new.

matt9112

kids can just run around in ANYTOWN USA....i think if im paying 3 bills for my vacation we can skip the playground.

edit: one of the best moments of our vacation was at the universal studios curious George play area. grown men turning into water warriors =)

second edit: also had a blast at camp Jurassic play area....but in general i think these areas should be kept to a minimum.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The Rescuers, The Great Mouse Detective, Ratatouille, A Bugs Life, and Tinker Bell are all I can think of.

doctornick

I do find it curious that we haven't heard much of anything about this space. I think the odds of it remaining themed for HISTK are very small but will it just be re-themed (Bug's Life?) or demo'ed and replaced by something totally different?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom