Re-Do: The Movie Edition

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
thumb-1920-1216965.jpg

kingofthieves.png

The lead in the movie was way too old for the role. And worst of all he didn’t even look a thing like Aladdin. But of course that’s nothing compared to The Genie…. There is only one person that could have filled in Robin Williams’ pointy shoes.

aladdin 1.jpg

Aramis Knight as Aladdin

aladdin 2.png

Jim Carrey as The Genie

d02DsjfBcbZctPCUrRxS0vWbpk7.jpg

Ghassan Massoud as Jafar

Last edited:

Brer Panther

I saw somebody on Walt Disney Confessions suggest Wayne Brady for the Genie:

1693606219188.png

Personally, I think he would've been a good choice. Better than Will Smith, at least.

Also, in regards to Iago? Casting Alan Tudyk as his voice is a great idea... except that they turned Iago into a "normal" parrot that doesn't really talk because they thought having him talk would be "unrealistic". Could we have Iago talk too?

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster

Personally, I think he would've been a good choice. Better than Will Smith, at least.

Also, in regards to Iago? Casting Alan Tudyk as his voice is a great idea... except that they turned Iago into a "normal" parrot that doesn't really talk because they thought having him talk would be "unrealistic". Could we have Iago talk too?

Not sure about Wayne Brady, but I love, love the idea of Alan Tudyk. He would be perfect for Iago, he has a great wise... cracking humor to him. He is so good as the Joker and Mr. Nobody it makes the shows so much better.

Like you said it should be a computer version of Iago. The real thing would be silly like Lady and the Tramp. It would be best to have both Iago, Abu and Rajah be created for the film. The first two are too vital for the film to remain expression or speechless.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
Jim started his career as a standup comedian that did impressions. So he actually would fit the role very well. The guy is like Johnny Depp too, he's the man of a thousand faces.

Oh yeah, I used to love his Clint Eastwood impersonation. I think Rodney Dangerfield gave him the right advice though. Early on he told him you don't want to do just impressions. You don't want to become one of those impression comics like Tony Little. Because they never amount to much and get stuck as a one trick pony. What you need to do is create your own.

oogie boogie man

Oh yeah, I used to love his Clint Eastwood impersonation. I think Rodney Dangerfield gave him the right advice though. Early on he told him you don't want to do just impressions. You don't want to become one of those impression comics like Tony Little. Because they never amount to much and get stuck as a one trick pony. What you need to do is create your own.

Yeah, I used to love him on In Living Color, some of the stuff he did on it wouldn't be allowed today. Because we're living in a world with wokesters who don't have a sense of humor.

Goofy Ninja

For some reason they picked the most generic good looking guy for Jafar. I can't even remember what he looks like. Just that he's handsome, but at the same time plain. Jafar is supposed to look pompous, putout and evil looking.

They did the same thing with the villain on Shang Chi for some reason. I think they are trying to be authentic with the region, but also not stereotypical. But it leads to generic looking characters that look nothing like the original versions (in the comics and the original movies in Aladdin's sake).

The Great Gonzo

I love Gilbert Godfried, but Alan Tudyk would be a suitable replacement. He's got such a great voice for Animated and CG characters.

The Lochness Monsta

I just don't see the point of making a movie if your not going to be faithful to the original. I can see going away from the book versions though, because they are sometimes graphic and unfamily oriented. Totally different then what a Disney film is supposed to be. But the classic Disney versions are always wholesome, for the most part and meant for families. There's no reason to change the Disney versions. They are only doing it to fit with their new criterias, that no one who cares about the originals cares about in the slightest.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
We are living in a weird time where you must cast people that don't look like the characters and hire people who might not be right for the job.

Hiring the best people for the job seemed to work for everything they own in the past. So I see no reason to have gone away from it. How many things have to be run into the ground. Star Wars has been a "Meh" at best since they bought it in 2012.

Snow Queen 83

Don't get me started on Snow White, LOL. Disney knows what they are doing is wrong. What they've have should be a no lose formula. You take an animated movie and just recreate it in live action form. Even their awful movies have done well like Aladdin and B and B, thanks to being loyal to the source.

RunForestRun

Don't get me started on Snow White, LOL. Disney knows what they are doing is wrong. What they've have should be a no lose formula. You take an animated movie and just recreate it in live action form. Even their awful movies have done well like Aladdin and B and B, thanks to being loyal to the source.

Hopefully the rumors are true about that annoying Zegler girl.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom