Re-Do: The Movie Edition

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
1318524-i-896bea3c7bad

beautyofthebeast.png

I’m going to base all of my future casting choices for the movies on the years the films came out. So the people playing the roles will be possibly younger at the time.

Beauty and the Beast (2017) was filled with just as many miscastings as the Little Mermaid. Plus I thought the choice of using CGI for the Beast was a horrible idea. I would have rather them use practical effects. It just looks more real and acceptable to the viewer. How bad would the Predator or Alien look without practical effects. Even the television show with Ron Perlman from the 80’s looks better than the Disney Live Action version.

Also choosing Emma Watson was a colossal mistake for Belle. She can’t act or sing, so what is the reason she was picked? Probably because of her role in another great story (Harry Potter). But casting her was a double edge sword from the start because she always be seen as Hermione, rather than Belle. Her only major role she’s ever had.

de94072ab86fa9815c1e3f6d4c892df9.jpg

Hailee Steinfeld as Belle

29F66EF000000578-3139051-image-m-9_1435239185537.jpg

Brock O’Hurn as The Beast

c1_1994959_201001161215.jpg

Henry Cavill as Gaston

237166_v9_ba.jpg

Jordan Prentice as Lefou

1531518635_loc.jpg

Julie Walters as Mrs Potts

fe9c3460a1a404a002cbc335da25c70e--biographies.jpg

Richard Riehle as Maurice

also

David Suchet as Cogsworth
and Vincent Cassel as Lumiere

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
1318524-i-896bea3c7bad

beautyofthebeast.png

I’m going to base all of my future casting choices for the movies on the years the films came out. So the people playing the roles will be possibly younger at the time.

Beauty and the Beast (2017) was filled with just as many miscastings as the Little Mermaid. Plus I thought the choice of using CGI for the Beast was a horrible idea. I would have rather them use practical effects. It just looks more real and acceptable to the viewer. How bad would the Predator or Alien look without practical effects. Even the television show with Ron Perlman from the 80’s looks better than the Disney Live Action version.

Also choosing Emma Watson was a colossal mistake for Belle. She can’t act or sing, so what is the reason she was picked? Probably because of her role in another great story (Harry Potter). But casting her was a double edge sword from the start because she always be seen as Hermione, rather than Belle. Her only major role she’s ever had.

de94072ab86fa9815c1e3f6d4c892df9.jpg

Hailee Steinfeld as Belle

29F66EF000000578-3139051-image-m-9_1435239185537.jpg

Brock O’Hurn as The Beast

c1_1994959_201001161215.jpg

Henry Cavill as Gaston

237166_v9_ba.jpg

Jordan Prentice as Lefou

mv5bmtm3nda2nje0m15bml5banbnxkftztcwmjk2odiyoa-_v1.jpg

Julie Walters as Mrs Potts

fe9c3460a1a404a002cbc335da25c70e--biographies.jpg

Richard Riehle as Maurice

also

David Suchet as Cogsworth
and Vincent Cassel as Lumiere
I'd like to see remake of Who Framed Roger Rabbit starring Athena Karkanis as main character to replace Eddie Valiant.

oogie boogie man

Hailee Steinfeld seems like a perfect fit, except for not being French. But Belle always felt more American to me than French. Same goes for other Disney characters like Rapunzel and Snow White, whose stories are German. They are mostly Americanized versions of the book versions. With a more family friendly story to boot.

Emma Watson always seemed like a bad fit. Sure she was born in France, but she's obviously known for being very English. And is only known for one character, which has been in many books and films. What's weird is I always thought she was a better actor when she was younger. With her, she was the opposite of wine and seemed to get worse with age.

Last edited:

The Great Gonzo

You can actually see Henry and Jordan Prentice in the roles. Unlike who they got for the original version. Talk about a major Gaff. All I hear is Olaf when I see that Josh Gad fella. .... And he's as tall as Gaston, what the doobie!

At least Disney had the sense to cancel Hunchback of Notre Dame. I remember thinking when I was a kid "Man this sucks!" If I wanted Broadway I'd go see the Phantom of the Opera.

Rambozo

Yep, that is him in Office Space, I like him for Maurice. You definitely have to go fat and pathetic with the character. And he can play both very well. .... No offense to him, if he's reading this though, lol.

I love Kevin Kline usually in movies, but he just didn't fit as Maurice. He is usually perfect as the wiseass, love interest in things. Maurice doesn't seem like it goes with anything else he's done. Yet another bad casting choice, that I'm sure Disney would like to take back.

Goofy Ninja

Yeah, I'm a big, big Hercule Piorot fan so he immediately came to mind for Cogsworth. He's the only person that I could see in the role. After I thought of him, everyone else just didn't feel right.

Never seen him as Piorot, but I've seen Vincent Cassel. He's a perfect Lumiere, he's soooo.... French. lol. He was the best part in Ocean's 12. But unfortunately he doesn't do enough movies that I want to see.

RunForestRun

Everyone seems to fit the part more than who they chose. If they are going to do remakes they should try to be loyal to what came before them. At least this did try though, unlike the newer ones. I don't understand what Disney is thinking.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
Everyone seems to fit the part more than who they chose. If they are going to do remakes they should try to be loyal to what came before them. At least this did try though, unlike the newer ones. I don't understand what Disney is thinking.

Yep, I don't understand why they are going away from their own sources. It seems like an easy task, you just look for good actors, who at least look somewhat like the characters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom