Re-Do: The Movie Edition

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
83e90599ad000c0a1d5f7b7002393bab.jpg

burtons-dreams-pro.png

Alice in Wonderland (2010) was definitely not my cup of tea. I love Tim Burton’s original works, but not when he’s adapting other people’s stuff. Everything from Willy Wonka to Planet of the Apes to Alice, doesn’t seem to portray the original film’s appearances.

1512738534-df.jpg

Dawn French as the Queen of Hearts

b3cabd585ebe58b77223afac405d47cf.jpg

Steve Coogan as the Blue Caterpillar

wwk_s02_nick_800x1000.jpg

Nick Frost as Dweedle Dee and Dweedle Dum

451875364_custom-2c371ce8d174225163ed5627b9e1d05e9dd89016-s1100-c50.jpg

Andy Serkis as Cheshire Cat

DSC_8619_preview-1339x2000.jpeg

Alan Cummings as the Mad Hatter

also

Jim Cummings as the White Rabbit
and Eric Idle as the March Hare

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
I already suggested him for Scuttle, but I think Colin Mocherie would be a good choice for the Mad Hatter as well.

Who'd be Alice and the Dodo?

I figured Alice could be an unknown British actress. This way people could more easily see her in the role. Like what they did with the Harry Potter kids.

Speaking of Harry Potter, I haven't really thought of the Dodo. But perhaps Stephen Fry would be good in the role. He seems to have a high class, almost pompous demeanor in his various roles. Which seems in line with what the Dodo's demeanor tends to be in the original adaptation.

Last edited:

Frankenstein79

You definitely have some true legends of brit movies and tv. Dawn French is a really underrated comedic actor in the states. I'm surprised she doesn't get more work.

It's my opinion, so don't throw a hissy anyone, but I think British humor is usually pretty stupid. Except with The Office and Shaun of Dead.

P.S. Great job MM10, I actually don't have a negative thing to say about your splendid casting. ... Which is a rarity. Maybe I'm a getting a bit soft in my old age.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
Great actor, that unfortunately has been in a lot of Disney duds lately. But being in the Lord of the Rings and Planet of the Apes more than makes up for it. If they are going to motion cap he's definitely the guy. The guy probably could teach a class on it now.

Yeah, I always like him in whatever he's in. He's one of the rare actors that really wears his emotions on his face. Even when he's Gollum and Caesar (from planet of the apes).

Rambozo

Alan Cummings is a great character actor too. I even liked him on that Sherlock-like show "Instinct" that he was on. Where he was the smartest one in the police force. I was surprised that got canceled, especially when there is so much crap on tv.

oogie boogie man

I see your point Tim should do Tim stuff.

Whenever he goes away from his stories and goes with already established ones it isn't the same. I love Nightmare, Ed Wood and Scissorhands, because it is fully Burtonesque. I do love Wednesday, but the Addams Family always seemed Burtonesque, even before he made his first film.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom