Rate the roller coasters

Snake

Has anyone else noticed the difference in the 2 tracks in WDW space mountain? To me it just seems like the right side has steeper drops and the left side is more tame. Both sides have 4 drops, but I swear the last drop on that right side way bigger than the left side. This might be why some people rate this ride so differently.
I think Everest has the biggest drop out of any of the rollercoasters in WDW and I'm pretty sure you do an inversion in reverse, pretty intense. But Mission Space has to be the most intense ride in the freaking world. I rode the orange 2 times in a row a number of years ago and it ruined any roller coasters I rode for a very long time. I seriously stopped losing my stomach after riding that, I would have rated all these 2's and 3's.

M:S Orange 10+
Tower of Terror 9 - I am biase on this one this is my favorite ride period
Everest Ex. 8.5
7Dwarfs 8
RnRCS 8
Splash Mt. 7
Space Mt. 5 left side, 8.5 right side with lights off
Thunder Mountain Mine Train - 5 in the day time, 6 at night
Slinky DD 3.5
Primeval 3

Last few times we rode Space Mountain very last ride, like 30 min before the park closed, they had the lights on, you could see the track. This happened 3 different times, 3 different trips, completely ruins the ride. Made so mad

winstongator

Hulk, since the refurb, isn't too bad. B and M coasters are known for their smooth ride and Hulk is that. There is a launch halfway up the lift hill tunnel, so that ramps up the intensity some. I'd give it a 7-8. Rip Ride is pretty herky jerky if you're in the back but not too bad if you're in the front. The initial lift hill is basically straight up. I'd give it a 9.
I agree. Hulk seemed less intense last year than when I rode in 2001. I like ripe ride rockit. Will be a while before I get any of my family on them though.

lifeofdan

TRON - Don't Know yet probably a 7 or 8
Everest Ex. 9
RnRC 8
BTMRR 7.5
Space Mt. 8 - 10 if I could hear the soundtrack
Slinky DD 5
7Dwarfs 2.5
Goofy BS 2
Primeval 5
Splash Mt. 6
M:S Orange 0
Tower of Terror 7

winstongator

While this wasn’t directed at me, probably in the 7-8 range. I’d save 10’s for things like Top Fuel Dragster at Cedar Point, while both are pretty rough (Hulk especially) I wouldn’t consider them as intense as say, Sheikra at BG or Top Fuel. I don’t think either Universal or WDW is really in the intense thrill ride market as much as they are being a true Theme (or Themes plural) Park.

I think I am separating “intense” from “rough and jerky” a bit though. Or I’d have Primeval Hurl at the top of the list.

With the new additions:
Ms Orange: 4
Primeval: 3.5
ToT: 6
Splash Mtn: 5
Was more of an open question directed at everyone. I do not like primeval whirl at all, but really enjoy all the others.

MouseMelly

Has anyone else noticed the difference in the 2 tracks in WDW space mountain? To me it just seems like the right side has steeper drops and the left side is more tame. Both sides have 4 drops, but I swear the last drop on that right side way bigger than the left side. This might be why some people rate this ride so differently.
I think Everest has the biggest drop out of any of the rollercoasters in WDW and I'm pretty sure you do an inversion in reverse, pretty intense. But Mission Space has to be the most intense ride in the freaking world. I rode the orange 2 times in a row a number of years ago and it ruined any roller coasters I rode for a very long time. I seriously stopped losing my stomach after riding that, I would have rated all these 2's and 3's.

M:S Orange 10+
Tower of Terror 9 - I am biase on this one this is my favorite ride period
Everest Ex. 8.5
7Dwarfs 8
RnRCS 8
Splash Mt. 7
Space Mt. 5 left side, 8.5 right side with lights off
Thunder Mountain Mine Train - 5 in the day time, 6 at night
Slinky DD 3.5
Primeval 3

Last few times we rode Space Mountain very last ride, like 30 min before the park closed, they had the lights on, you could see the track. This happened 3 different times, 3 different trips, completely ruins the ride. Made so mad

I agree that MS Orange makes my stomach turn! I think it’s the G’s... the ride itself isn’t “thrilling” to me as it is nauseating. I read somewhere that actual astronauts said it was closer to the real thing than the simulators. 🤷🏻‍♀️

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Tower of Terror 7
TRON
Everest Ex. 7
RnRCS 7
Splash Mt. 4
Space Mt. 6
BTMRR 3
Slinky DD
Primeval
7Dwarfs 2
M:S Orange - not really thrilling, but if you have any aversion to spinning, avoid it; this is the only ride in any theme park I will never ride again - I was worthless for 4 hours after the last time
Goofy BS 1

Paper straw fan

Was more of an open question directed at everyone. I do not like primeval whirl at all, but really enjoy all the others.

Cool, I assumed as much since it’s a message board!

We skip Primeval now except if we’re with people new to AK that want to try.

Maybe I need clarification of “intense”. I rode ToT again today, and while it gets super high marks from me in fun and thrill level, I think of intensity as like white knuckle, eyes as big as saucers and even the “holy sheet!” thought in my head. And yeah, that’s always been more a Cedar Point / Six Flags thing to me.

Corgi

RnRC: 10
ToT: 10
Space Mountain: 7
Everest: 7
Splash Mtn: 6
Premieval whirl: 3
BTMRR: 2
7 Dwarves: 2
Barnstormer: 1

graphite1326

Tower of Terror - 9
TRON - NA
Everest Ex. -8
RnRCS -8
plash Mt. -6
Space Mt. -5
BTMRR -5
Slinky DD -3
Primeval -1
7Dwarfs -2
M:S Orange -8
Goofy BS -1

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
New leader board (based on thrill level alone)...

1540155130226.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom