Ratatouille themed main entrance for the Food and Wine, not Epcot 25th

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I can definitely imagine a topiary cake! They will probably decorate it with dried flowers to add some color.

I'll bet that the entrance plaza topiary display will look fantastic when it is all done.

brkgnews

It doesn't bother me. Alone, yes, they look odd, but as mentioned there's giant cheese coming - not rat topiaries.

Amid a buffet of proportional food for the rats, i think they can be very cute. I bet we're gonna see all sorts of topiary foodstuffs. Maybe evena cake.
And a few topiary candles... say a "2" and a "5"?
:lookaroun

dxwwf3

At least it is going to be a great movie, possibly the best one ever associated with the Walt Disney Company, instead of the same old, same old again. I think that getting things like the fireworks tag and the retro maps and the little exhibit in Innoventions are really good enough. Not to mention the wand being taken down is really enough at that. Sure it would be great to have something special for the 25th, but it isn't like they are still planning on doing NOTHING for the fans. Maybe they will play the old entrance loop on the 1st still and if they don't at least you people lucky enough to be there won't be disappointed in the rest of the day.

Epcot82Guy

Not that it would ever happen, but wouldn't it be nice to have some flower frosting on our "Cheese cake"? Would be a nice kick to Epcot's 25th, and an additional banner could easily be added to combine the two.

I'm grasping for straws here, but I gotta try. The lack does make the blow of not being down there next Monday a bit easier to swallow.

Sir_Cliff

Yes it is so very odd to have a movie about a Parisian restaurant be the underpinning theme for the entrance to the food and wine festival. :p
I know! It's a disgrace I tells ya!

Not sure what everyone's so worked up about. The style of the decorations is actually a lot more tasteful (and I didn't even mean that to be a pun!) than big rat topiaries or even fully realised statues of the film's characters. It has quite a classic and stylised feel to it that I think fits the festival and Epcot quite well.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
The whole theme is based on French art. The otrher banners and signs feature other famous french art, particularly the impressionists. The Ratatouille cut-outs are a specific style, i forget what it is, but i'm fairly certain it's distinctively French. Kinda akin to the "Chat Negro" (Black Cat) posters and such folks buy for their houses.

Hawk4255

Sorry to revive an old thread...but I was wondering if anyone knows which tracks from the Ratatouille soundtrack were played in the entrance loop for F&W last year (and in which order...trying to make a playlist). Thanks!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Well....guess that makes my job easy.

Sorry, not being terribly familiar with the soundtrack itself i can't tell you more, but it did seem like much or most of the or at least the memorable stuff.

Maybe someone else will say they didn't hear a song they knew from the soundtrack, but all the songs i did know i did hear.

dandaman

I have the full soundtrack on my iPod... unfortunately, I don't remember any other songs played at F&W other than Le Festin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom