Ratatouille Ride at EPCOT?

The Empress Lilly

Fixed that [into more sober visitors] for you. ;)
Sadly, that is one positive about the toonification of WS that I had not thought about. Sad, that I consider it a positive that classic original rides are destroyed for generic IP rides just so it lessens the presence of drunks and drinking culture. I might yet prefer Pixar World Toontown over Pleasure Island 2.0. How the mighty has fallen!

Tony the Tigger

Sadly, that is one positive about the toonification of WS that I had not thought about. Sad, that I consider it a positive that classic original rides are destroyed for generic IP rides just so it lessens the presence of drunks and drinking culture. I might yet prefer Pixar World Toontown over Pleasure Island 2.0. How the mighty has fallen!

Not to be argumentative, but there wouldn't be any less alcohol around!

Ava83

We loved the Ratatouille ride in Paris and I do wish we had something similar here in Florida, but what I think would REALLY be amazing is bringing Bistrot Chez Remy to the US, it was, by far, the best themed restaurant we've been to at a Disney Park.

Matt_Black

Too bad Disney doesn't buy the BBC for a nice Doctor Who ride in the British pavilion.

Can you buy the BBC? I was under the impression that it was subsidized, at least in part, by the British Government.

Now, licensing stuff from the BBC is absolutely possible and they should look into it. After all, the Doctor Who merchandise section over at Toy Soldier in EPCOT seems to get a good bit of traffic.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Can you buy the BBC? I was under the impression that it was subsidized, at least in part, by the British Government.
It's paid for by the British public. We have to buy a TV license each year to watch TV.

I know. It's 2015. But it's grandfathered in and too late to change now. But please. No single IP ride. We don't want another Norway.

Matt_Black

It's paid for by the British public. We have to buy a TV license each year to watch TV.

I know. It's 2015. But it's grandfathered in and too late to change now. But please. No single IP ride. We don't want another Norway.

... You're really a Dalek, aren't you? "1980s EPCOT IS PERFECTION! IP'S RUIN THAT PERFECTION! EX-TER-MIN-ATE! EX-TER-MIN-ATE!"

Goofyernmost

I'm glad you now understand :D
Heck, I understand, but, to me it's like trying to not get older. Some things are out of our control and all we can do is make the best of what we are given. It's just an exercise in frustration to constantly be all negative about things that are not in our control. We have choices, yes, but they are not content. We have choices to accept what is happening and try and glean the positives and try and enjoy things or we can just no longer support it with our money or time. Considering what is happening in the world of Disney Parks, the only ones that will suffer from depriving ourselves of the positives are those of us that feel it necessary to lament over things that were and are no longer. Nothing is the same as it was in the 80's. If it were we would be complaining about how there is nothing new to experience. No one wins. As I have gotten older I find my new attitude is just to "go with the flow". It saves a lot of stress.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If it were we would be complaining about how there is nothing new to experience. No one wins. As I have gotten older I find my new attitude is just to "go with the flow". It saves a lot of stress.
When new is worse than what it replaces it's a definite loss. When story and theme is lost its definitely bad. When old values are tossed aside its a loss.

I'm the first to say EPCOT Center of 1990 would be terribly dated if it still existed. However the Epcot of 2016 is nowhere near the same in scale, vision, drama, wow factor, cohesiveness, cleverness or technically mind blowing. It's that that is the tragedy. Only a fool would want nothing to change. But change has to be for the better.

Going with the flow and not standing up for what you believe in is akin to rolling over and just accepting anything.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

When new is worse than what it replaces it's a definite loss. When story and theme is lost its definitely bad. When old values are tossed aside its a loss.

I'm the first to say EPCOT Center of 1990 would be terribly dated if it still existed. However the Epcot of 2016 is nowhere near the same in scale, vision, drama, wow factor, cohesiveness, cleverness or technically mind blowing. It's that that is the tragedy. Only a fool would want nothing to change. But change has to be for the better.

Going with the flow and not standing up for what you believe in is akin to rolling over and just accepting anything.
I don't disagree Martin, but, standing up for what you believe in is only beneficial if it is some earth shattering problem that there is a ghost of a chance of being altered. This does not have the chance of a snowball in hell of ever being "redone" to the liking of those of the most adamant of supporters. It isn't going to happen unless it affects their pocketbook. I, for one, still like Epcot enough that I enjoy going there and plan to continue. I see change, I see change that wasn't for the better, but, I cannot change it by taking a stance that prevents me from enjoying what is there currently. This is not a civil rights or human rights issue... it's a theme park. I'll decide which hill I choose to die on... this isn't one of them.

I understand that it isn't the EPCOT of old, but, in my mind, apparently the EPCOT of old was not sustainable as it was. I have come to grips with that. I may miss the old way, but, I am not altogether upset about the new one. Except for Imagination and to a lesser degree, World of Motion, I don't really see a decline, all I see is change and to me some for the better (not all worse). It's an individual thing, but, even if I was passionate about the old one, it certainly isn't anything but wasted energy to constantly be thinking about it that way. It's a privately owned enterprise (other then stockholders) and we can choose to support it or not. Just talking about it will make no difference at all as far as I can tell. I don't think that they even have the talent to do anything like that anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom