Ratatouille Ride at Disneyland Paris Resort Gets Funding

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Original Poster
dlrp-ratatouille-scene-500x296.jpg

Disneyland Paris Resort and its operating company Euro-Disney SCA have spent years on a carefully crafted plan to eliminate some of the mountains of debt the resort was left with after opening with too many hotels. For a while they ran into a circle of an austere budget impacting maintenance and show, which resulted in a decrease in attendance, which turned into the banks demanding more austerity. That resulted in some unhealthy attitudes about the park in the eyes of the public. Thankfully, DLPR is at a place now where they can convince the banks that a certain amount of growth and maintenance is required just as a baseline to draw in new guests.

Plans for a new Ratatouille ride at Disneyland Paris’ Walt Disney Studios park leaked back in April of 2011, but it took until now for the banks to approve the 150 million euro price for the attraction and the mini-land that will come with it.

dlrp-ratatouille-rendering-500x261.jpg

As you can see above, the concept art is gorgeous. This is the sort of detailed place making that will help WDS grow and continue to draw guests for an extended stay at DLPR. The new Ratatouille ride is rumored to be a trackless ride system based on the Winnie the Pooh Honey Pot ride in Tokyo Disney. Together with the Cars, Nemo, & Toy Story area, there will be a whole emphasis on Pixar in the park. Should be exciting.

The full press release is below the cut:

dlrp-ratatouille-blueprint-450x600.jpg

Euro Disney S.C.A. (the “Company”), parent company of Euro Disney Associés S.C.A., operator of Disneyland® Paris (together the “Group”), announces that, on January 6, 2012, it has obtained an additional standby revolving credit facility (the “Additional Facility”) of € 150 million from The Walt Disney Company. This Additional Facility expires on September 30, 2018 and was advanced in connection with the approval from its lenders to increase the Group’s investments by up to € 250 million. These investments correspond to the annual recurring investment budget for fiscal year 2012 and a multi-year expansion of the Walt Disney Studios® Park, which includes a new attraction. The Additional Facility is separate from the € 100 million existing standby revolving credit facility (the “Existing Facility”), which expires on September 30, 2014 and is still undrawn. The other terms and conditions of the Additional Facility are substantially the same as the Existing Facility.

Although no assurances can be given, the Group believes it has sufficient funds to finance these and other necessary investments and repay its borrowings consistent with the scheduled maturities, based on its existing cash position, liquidity from the Existing Facility and the benefit of certain conditional deferrals permitted under the Group’s existing debt agreements.”

http://thedisneyblog.com/2012/01/11/ratatouille-ride-at-disneyland-paris-resort-gets-funding/

nemofinder22

This is great news for DLRP! but even better for WDSP!!! Hopefully we can get a full announcement soon, perhaps once the 20th anniversary kicks off?

Some great things on the way for DLRP, I'm also excited to see how their new castle show does with some WOC-ish tech.

babasse18

Hello, I from France, paris.

I'm a shareholder of DLP and i go to DLP every week.

few days ago, with a 15 shareholder, we met the CEO.

so, for Ratatouille, the land and permits are now ready, we have the money so the work will soon, maybe the attraction will be open for 2013

see you in DLP ;)

Greenkai3000

Hello, I from France, paris.

I'm a shareholder of DLP and i go to DLP every week.

few days ago, with a 15 shareholder, we met the CEO.

so, for Ratatouille, the land and permits are now ready, we have the money so the work will soon, maybe the attraction will be open for 2013

see you in DLP ;)

That would be incredible if they worked on this ride quickly. Too bad we are planning our first trip for this Fall, and not next year. Any chance it will be brought to the US as well?

nemofinder22

That would be incredible if they worked on this ride quickly. Too bad we are planning our first trip for this Fall, and not next year. Any chance it will be brought to the US as well?

At one point in time Ratatouille was said to also be coming to DCA taking over the Maliboomer and a parade building. Not sure how true it was or what happened with it now.

Looks like some land clearing is happening. As well as a look at the sounding street that already supports the theme.

http://themeparkzone.es/2012/01/22/...izacion-de-las-obras-de-ratatouille-a-210112/

According to a reliable source:

Ratatouille attraction will be equipped with a normal lane, a Fast Pass lane and a Single Rider lane.

The flow of attraction will be equivalent to that of Space Mountain, 2000guests/hours.

Probably, but we will be soon if the attraction has two floors but another soucre has seen the plans said the opposite, is therefore unclear. :confused:
One thing is sure the building is very high.

Tloz

In fact, the ride itself shall be on one level only, but we are supposed to fly over some elements.

(Next paragraph is nothing but pure speculation)
Don't forget we're supposed to be Rat-sized and the name of the ride might be something close to Kitchen Nightmare. So assuming we'd be chased by cooks, we might get smashed by a giant spoon or we will have to jump just like in this image:
728ccec4.jpg

So there may be no elevator during the ride (even though I'd love that), and it may takes place only in the upper floor

Moreover, there will be a restaurant, and a quality one, so there has to be enough room between the ride and the restaurant for people who are eating and don't want to be disturbed by the sound of the ride

Tloz

New pic! (yep, that's my apology for double posting ;) )

Click to enlarge.

The building seems to have reached its maximum height. We still don't know what are those two arches, but it might be the end of the waiting line and the beginning of the ride itself. It's now almost certain that the brown part on the floor are in the restaurant part of the building.
And don't forget to enlarge the picture and look at the size of the guy in the middle to realize how large is the construction

The Empress Lilly

I thoroughly hate the Paris Studios. An ugly park, as charming as the industrial ruins in La Plaine.

But it will end up with a very fine attraction line-up!

Bless the short walking distance to the castle park. This way, I can spend the day at DLP and simply use DSP as a 'land' of DLP and hop over for just an hour or two to do ToT, RnRC, and perhaps Crush or one of the movie attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom