News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

It is ironic that many here complained when the Skyway left the MK even though it did far more to ruin the magic than this new system.

The Skyway never ruined any magic, it created it. "Woohoo, we're going through the Matterhorn! Look, that's Peter Pan Flight below us!..." And seeing the roofs and other stuff just gave you a cool "peek behind the curtain" feeling.

Getting rid of the Skyways and PeopleMover was one of Disney's biggest mistakes ever.

ToTBellHop

The Skyway never ruined any magic, it created it. "Woohoo, we're going through the Matterhorn! Look, that's Peter Pan Flight below us!..." And seeing the roofs and other stuff just gave you a cool "peek behind the curtain" feeling.

Getting rid of the Skyways and PeopleMover was one of Disney's biggest mistakes ever.
Meanwhile, at Disney World...

Incomudro

Sorry, I guess my question is has this always been visible from France not Morocco and an example of bad-show. Though I'm not certain where this is taken from and as Penguin said- likely heavily zoomed in.

It (ToT) doesn't come remotely close to looming like that.
That image makes it look like it's in Beach Club.

UKDisney Dave

Just back from 4 days at DLP, and rode ratatouille 6 times! Yes folks I pretty much loved it.

Thanks to the single rider line it was a walk on every single time (in fact only one occasion was there even anyone else in the single rider line, so 5 times I walked straight to front of the line and was seated on the ride in seconds)

So, yes it’s a screen ride, but it’s still loads of fun. Are the screens obvious and in your face, no not really. Does it feel short, no not really. It certainly doesn’t leave you with a feeling of “is that it” like Navi river. Is it something you can ride again and again - I gues that’s a personal preference thing. For me each time I rode it I noticed new extra things, and being in different seats/ride vehicles each time makes it feel different.

Does it make you feel like you have shrunk to the size of a rat.........no! But then I’m 6’2” and many many pounds heavier than I proberbly should be. Disney has some good magic, but I think the dream of making me feel petite is beyond even their skills! But I do love how the ride vehicles “scurry” about.

So to sum up, if we get a direct clone of this ride in Epcot I’m sold. Love it. If we get a slightly different version, maybe plussed in some way, then I’m even more sold.

Either way I’m praying for that single rider line!

PorterRedkey

Just back from 4 days at DLP, and rode ratatouille 6 times! Yes folks I pretty much loved it.

Thanks to the single rider line it was a walk on every single time (in fact only one occasion was there even anyone else in the single rider line, so 5 times I walked straight to front of the line and was seated on the ride in seconds)

So, yes it’s a screen ride, but it’s still loads of fun. Are the screens obvious and in your face, no not really. Does it feel short, no not really. It certainly doesn’t leave you with a feeling of “is that it” like Navi river. Is it something you can ride again and again - I gues that’s a personal preference thing. For me each time I rode it I noticed new extra things, and being in different seats/ride vehicles each time makes it feel different.

Does it make you feel like you have shrunk to the size of a rat.........no! But then I’m 6’2” and many many pounds heavier than I proberbly should be. Disney has some good magic, but I think the dream of making me feel petite is beyond even their skills! But I do love how the ride vehicles “scurry” about.

So to sum up, if we get a direct clone of this ride in Epcot I’m sold. Love it. If we get a slightly different version, maybe plussed in some way, then I’m even more sold.

Don't expect to walk-on in the Epcot single rider line. ;)

This is a very good ride. Is it an E-ticket? IMHO, yes. It is not a Super-E-ticket like Splash, Pirates, or ToT, but it is an enjoyable E-ticket. Although I am sure some thrill-seekers on here will call it a "D-ticket". My only fear is that once MMRR opens at DHS, this ride may pale in comparison.

Favorite parts of Rat:

1) Ride movement - The ride vehicles move like synchronized ballerinas. Very cool!
2) Physical props - From the rooftops to the oven bottom to the spinning food-cart wheels, the physical scenes really enhance the 3D screen segments
3) Individual "dome" segments - For me the best use of the 3D was when your cars separate and enter there own personal video "dome" (more like a 1/4 of a circle, with the flat edge on the floor). I really felt the motion of speeding through the grates, even though we were not moving.
4) Rooftop scenes in the (small) themed queue section. Voices banter back an forth, creating little mini "scenes" and the Gusteau on the seemingly fixed billboard comes to life every few minutes.

Kman101

Thanks for the review! Having never ridden it (and watching videos obviously won't do the "experience" justice, good or bad) it's nice to get a review that isn't touted in misery over it coming to the parks here.

It seems to be the overall consensus though: Not a bad ride but nothing overly spectacular either (though it does seem fun). I'm looking forward to it. I'm aware of it's shortcomings but I think it's a solid fit for World Showcase. If it weren't tied to a movie, people would be a lot more accepting of it, and some other things used (and no I'm not saying IP has been implemented well so far). Though to be fair, it hasn't received a ton of hatred like some things, it's just picked apart as a ride, which is to be expected on a Disney fan site.

Thanks again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom