Rat ride pov video

Trekkie101

Funnily enough yes I have.
I've never ridden Transformers so have no real opinion on it yet.
Because sitting in a seat that moves a bit while watching a video or moving past large objects that sometimes smell of something but do little else is not a E-ticket in my book. It's an adequate ride that helps to fill a void in that park but it is not and never will be an E-ticket imo.

I think you'll a lot that disagree with you. The general consensus on the day was strong family eticket.

Max Fan

sorry for my bad english :

For to have making this attraction, yes it's a E-ticket!
You must make the ride for to have a true opinion, a true.
And to be quite honest the immersion is successful. I did it seven times, and it is by reading the comments that I realized the lack of robots. The best Disney attractions have not need necessarily to have a robot, for to be one.
It's simple, this ride is the best of Disneyland Paris.

Mickey1984

Funnily enough yes I have.
I've never ridden Transformers so have no real opinion on it yet.
Because sitting in a seat that moves a bit while watching a video or moving past large objects that sometimes smell of something but do little else is not a E-ticket in my book. It's an adequate ride that helps to fill a void in that park but it is not and never will be an E-ticket imo.

Sitting in a seat that moves watching a movie while you can smell things .... Soarin? Star Tours? (minus the smell)

fyi - Tranformers is awesome !!

not ridden this but it looks pretty damn cool, i would think for DLP this will certainly be an e-ticket.

wdrive

Sitting in a seat that moves watching a movie while you can smell things .... Soarin? Star Tours? (minus the smell)

fyi - Tranformers is awesome !!

not ridden this but it looks pretty damn cool, i would think for DLP this will certainly be an e-ticket.

Soarin you're up high flying about. Star Tours is more thrilling and I'm not sure if I'd classify it as an E Ticket.

I'm not saying that Ratatouille is a bad ride. It's something that the Studios park desperately needed and still needs more of. But it is not an E ticket in my book. If it was about 3/4 of attractions in every park would be E tickets. There's debate on this website on whether or not the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train is an E ticket. If Ratatouille is an E ticket, the mine train is a H Ticket.

Last edited:

Thrill

Screens. Physical effects impress me. Anyone can make a screen. Screens are fine here and there, but I worry that the big rides these days all bank on them so heavily. Harry Potter, Transformers, Ratatouille. The age of Haunted Mansions and Pirates of the Caribbeans is dead, and that's a shame.

But at this point, have the best creatives at WDI left for other companies? The latest generation of Imagineers definitely hasn't broken any new ground lately. NFL is lovely but it's just more of the same rockwork as every other Disney park, and the attractions are solid but not great. Ratatouille has beautiful architecture and a mediocre ride. TSMM is a moving Wii game (don't get me wrong; I do enjoy it!). Even RSR at Carsland is basically Test Track with rockwork.

Everest is a decade old and Rohde is struggling to get his budgetary dreams realized for Avatar.

I'm not sure about the state of WDI (other than that they can't maintain a reasonable budget to save their lives), but New Fantasyland is solid. I haven't yet been to Carsland, but calling it Test Track with rockwork is unfair. Haunted Mansion could be Little Mermaid with original theming and detail, but it's much better than that.

And Rohde is brilliant, plain and simple.

The real innovation and dreaming — dare I say Imagineering? — seem to be at Universal right now, and I'm not a Uni fanboy. I'm one of those people who thinks HP is the only reason to go to Uni; the rest of their IP does nothing for me. Just the same, I can't deny that their philosophy of "build it and they will come" feels refreshingly like Old School Disney.

Except Universal Creative has yet to bring us a 100% executed attraction. I went to WWoHP, was amazed by the exteriors and the queue, but found the ride disappointing. Great ride system, but it was screens, smoke, and cheap looking puppets. Meh. Spiderman is a great ride (even with the minimal physical effects), but everything around it is tacky. Transformers as a whole was disappointing. Huge, ugly show building for screens and some water. You'd think they could build a single robot for a ride about robots.

When Universal builds me a great ride without a simulator system, I'll be convinced, but I left that park nauseated for a reason.

To be honest, I would be more than happy to welcome this attraction with open arms if it were to be cloned to Epcot. No one can deny the fact that it's a perfect match for a starving for attention Epcot. I hope Tom Fitzgerald delivers this beauty to the park that is now his.

Of course they can plus it up for its WDW version, though highly unlikely.

I'd be perfectly okay seeing this at Epcot or Pixar Place. I'm not crazy about screens ever, but they're okay once in a while, and this looks to be nicely executed for what it is (exterior, queue, a couple physical things mixed in).

Guys never judge something if you don't experience it. Ride reviews have been very positive.

Reviews were positive for Transformers. I waited 0 minutes and walked off disappointed.

Seeming more and more like the video doesn't do it justice. Inside the magic just posted a glowing review calling it better than transformers and they're usually pretty well-balanced there.

Link. http://www./2014/06/ratatouille-rid...rot-chez-remy-restaurant-and-new-themed-area/

'Course it's still screen based. *sigh*

I believe it. There's a lot of Disney hate around here because they're not building anything, but the reality is that (when they get around to it) WDI builds better rides than Universal Creative.

My biggest issue with this is that this little Ratatouille area cost more than either WWoHP phase. While the ride may be better, those areas are much larger and used newer ride systems. Something needs to be fixed here.

kap91

I believe it. There's a lot of Disney hate around here because they're not building anything, but the reality is that (when they get around to it) WDI builds better rides than Universal Creative.

My biggest issue with this is that this little Ratatouille area cost more than either WWoHP phase. While the ride may be better, those areas are much larger and used newer ride systems. Something needs to be fixed here.

Couldn't really agree more with your post. Unfortunately you and I are in the vast minority it seems. I'm holding out hope for the Avatar boat ride being mostly physical. I'm in favor of screens but only as backdrops or elements of a larger scene. RSR is almost entirely physical sets so it doesn't seem like too much to hope for. And Disney is so good at it when they actually do it.

Just rode the Hogwarts Express this morning and while very nicely done and charming (and infinitely better than anything older Universal would have done) it's not worthy of the hype it's been receiving. It's a D+ ticket at most. It's a curved screen in a window with a very lengthy queue that while themed well doesn't very much resble a train station. I'm planning on posting a complete review later somewhere.

It's shocking that ratatouille cost that much. That is bizzare and I know not unusual for Disney unfortunately- I know Disney would have slightly higher price tags as they opt for some more expensive things (better sound design/equipment, original scores for rides, cover entire show buildings) and imagineering itself is a larger beast but that's ridiculous.

tirian

Screens. Physical effects impress me. Anyone can make a screen. Screens are fine here and there, but I worry that the big rides these days all bank on them so heavily. Harry Potter, Transformers, Ratatouille. The age of Haunted Mansions and Pirates of the Caribbeans is dead, and that's a shame.

I'm not sure about the state of WDI (other than that they can't maintain a reasonable budget to save their lives), but New Fantasyland is solid. I haven't yet been to Carsland, but calling it Test Track with rockwork is unfair. Haunted Mansion could be Little Mermaid with original theming and detail, but it's much better than that.

And Rohde is brilliant, plain and simple.

Except Universal Creative has yet to bring us a 100% executed attraction. I went to WWoHP, was amazed by the exteriors and the queue, but found the ride disappointing. Great ride system, but it was screens, smoke, and cheap looking puppets. Meh. Spiderman is a great ride (even with the minimal physical effects), but everything around it is tacky. Transformers as a whole was disappointing. Huge, ugly show building for screens and some water. You'd think they could build a single robot for a ride about robots.

When Universal builds me a great ride without a simulator system, I'll be convinced, but I left that park nauseated for a reason.

I'd be perfectly okay seeing this at Epcot or Pixar Place. I'm not crazy about screens ever, but they're okay once in a while, and this looks to be nicely executed for what it is (exterior, queue, a couple physical things mixed in).

Reviews were positive for Transformers. I waited 0 minutes and walked off disappointed.

Couldn't really agree more with your post. Unfortunately you and I are in the vast minority it seems. I'm holding out hope for the Avatar boat ride being mostly physical. I'm in favor of screens but only as backdrops or elements of a larger scene. RSR is almost entirely physical sets so it doesn't seem like too much to hope for. And Disney is so good at it when they actually do it.

Just rode the Hogwarts Express this morning and while very nicely done and charming (and infinitely better than anything older Universal would have done) it's not worthy of the hype it's been receiving. It's a D+ ticket at most. It's a curved screen in a window with a very lengthy queue that while themed well doesn't very much resble a train station. I'm planning on posting a complete review later somewhere.

It's shocking that ratatouille cost that much. That is bizzare and I know not unusual for Disney unfortunately- I know Disney would have slightly higher price tags as they opt for some more expensive things (better sound design/equipment, original scores for rides, cover entire show buildings) and imagineering itself is a larger beast but that's ridiculous.

Please don't misunderstand me; the majority of Uni does nothing for me. None of the IP matters to me a bit. Chunks of IOA are barely better than a well-themed Six Flags (I know I'll get flamed for saying that) and swaths of Uni Studios are outdated. But the new stuff is innovative, something Disney seems afraid to do. Disney rarely swings for home runs anymore. Both HP areas are much better than NFL, and cost less to build.

Last edited:

DonaldDoleWhip

Got to ride it earlier today - it's definitely better than the video, but I wouldn't call it more impressive than Transformers. That said, Transformers made me nauseous and Ratatouille didn't, so this'll easily serve its role as a modern, fairly immersive, and family-friendly attraction.

Also, while the area surrounding this attraction is beautiful, I found the London Waterfront at Universal to be even grander and more detailed. Which is really sad, as I haven't stepped foot in King's Cross or Diagon Alley (where the real wow factor happens).

An enjoyable addition to a lacking park? Yes. A return to glory for Disney Imagineering? Probably not.

Last edited:

DonaldDoleWhip

Some photos from today:

DSC_0849_zps65c2681e.jpg

One of many screens

IMG_7352_zps7e0100c5.jpg

DSC_0846_zps1d1ccbdf.jpg

Lunch

DSC_0821_zps6a0007d2.jpg

DSC_0828_zps284c76f5.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom