***Rare*** Original Disney-MGM/Sunset Boulevard/Muppet Studios Expansion Plans Circa Aug. 1989

britain

Advertisement
From what I know about it, I think the Tracey ride would’ve been an E that would succeed regardless of the IP. A lot of information came out about the Paris (clone) version.

Yes, but would it have survived the early 2000's purge on shooting galleries?

Ldno

I know it‘s a gigantic fat chance but given how MGM(for 5 billion) is for sale at the moment and imagining if Disney were to buy them, can they go back to Disney’s-MGM Studios? I was looking up at maps, yesterday from the 90’s before RNR opened up, online and try to mix and match the park layout from what it was then and now wow, still mind blowing how much galaxy’s edge and Toy Story land took over the backlot tour and the famous Xmas lights.

I feel nostalgic look at old park pictures I guess and just thinking how the entrance of Galaxy’s edge and muppets 3D, completely changed up the avenue of the America’s 180 degrees

ppete1975

I know it‘s a gigantic fat chance but given how MGM(for 5 billion) is for sale at the moment and imagining if Disney were to buy them, can they go back to Disney’s-MGM Studios? I was looking up at maps, yesterday from the 90’s before RNR opened up, online and try to mix and match the park layout from what it was then and now wow, still mind blowing how much galaxy’s edge and Toy Story land took over the backlot tour and the famous Xmas lights.

I feel nostalgic look at old park pictures I guess and just thinking how the entrance of Galaxy’s edge and muppets 3D, completely changed up the avenue of the America’s 180 degrees
i dont see disney acquiring anyone for a long time, might be the opposite

Jrb1979

First I will say I love reading about stuff like this. I've always been fascinated with planned projects and former projects. What gets me is how they rarely come back to shelved projects. I look at World Showcase and all the planned projects that got scrapped and will never see the light of day.

Ldno

First I will say I love reading about stuff like this. I've always been fascinated with planned projects and former projects. What gets me is how they rarely come back to shelved projects. I look at World Showcase and all the planned projects that got scrapped and will never see the light of day.
It goes both ways in my opinion, cancelled projects, or rides that have been scrapped already, It’s easy to forget how the icon for Hollywood studios was the famous Mickey Ears on the water tower but now it’s completely gone and forgotten.

I was young enough to ride Body Wars but not to Old to remember it also. Even that catchy Universe of Energy song after the ride And when living with the land song was sung by the country singer.

Makes me imagine the next 20 years how much they will change and what they can fit in and add to what’s currently available, at which some point then they will look back and say oh look toy story land is soo old and vintage 😭

I currently Experience this with the original Universal Studios, for example they released a retro line of their opening day rides on a tshirt, face mask and a vintage windbreaker jacket, I had that jacket growing up but just seeing the old rides such as Kongfrontation, Jaws, Back to the future, the Monsters and to think how much it has changed 180 is just mind blowing to me Just as canceled projects of what could had been.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom