Rare Characters

PhotoDave219

(not sure if this is already a thread) I tried looking for something similar but im not sure.
-
Why can't you meet Pinnocchio? I've never seen him anywhere besides the parade.
Hercules too, I feel like a lot of people would want to meet him.
Prince Eric (Little Mermaid)
I know this is impractical, but why hasn't disney figured out a way to meet Ursula.
Cruella (although sometimes you can find her during Not So Scary)
Kristoff & OIaf

Pinnocchio used to be PM town square. Herc? Never seen him out. Prince Eric? MNSSHP. Ursula? Ha! Cruella? She pops up occasionally but usually MNSSHP. Kristoff/Olaf? Good question. Be a blogger?

PhotoDave219

Wish I had a chance to see the Disney Dreamers Everywhere character group..They have the rarest of rare characters that you'll never ever see..Like these for example..
4c8cb7c0f8faf4d888b0ab3723bfc46e.jpg

ZPpgrfOl.jpg

90db7243823a82e459b8a0f8e4389f1a.jpg
9135539134_29502a4243_z.jpg

They also pay a very serious price for the privledge.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Regarding "Pinocchio Village Haus" is "haus" german or Italian?
It is certainly German. Haus is the German word for House.

As far as I know, Casa is Italian for house (as it's a Romance language, German is not).

And, the design of the building is certainly Germanic.

That said, Northern Italy has a lot of Germanic roots, more so than middle or southern Italy, and the tale is certainly Northern Italian.

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
I met Meg at MGM in 2002 and Hercules in MGM in 2004. Also Pinocchio in MK Town Square in 2008 I believe. Cruella was also flouncing around Main Street in 2008, she almost ran into us, and it turned into quite the funny M & G.

cfry06

Randomly encountered Pinocchio on the side of American Pavillion in Epcot last September. I believe it must have been some CMs in training as it was unannounced and we saw Mickey, Donald, Stitch, Pluto, Pooh, Pinocchio and Goofy. Was awesome, and barely anyone there! Having never met Pinocchio we were super excited.

Agree- would love to see random characters here and there more often. I kind of like the idea of them not being announced...just rare, Diamond in the rough finds. But more frequent than they currently do that now.

FrankLapidus

I remember the days when you could meet Stromboli, Foulfellow and Gideon as well as Pinocchio and Geppetto. The randomness that was probably the best part of M&G's at WDW is long gone, now you have to pay for the privilege of meeting characters that used to be readily available across the resort.

I was surprised at the amount of characters there are at the Paris resort, far more and varied than WDW has been for years.

asianway

I remember the days when you could meet Stromboli, Foulfellow and Gideon as well as Pinocchio and Geppetto. The randomness that was probably the best part of M&G's at WDW is long gone, now you have to pay for the privilege of meeting characters that used to be readily available across the resort.

I was surprised at the amount of characters there are at the Paris resort, far more and varied than WDW has been for years.
WDW has just as many available as Paris probably more. To give an idea, Horace & Clarabelle recently debuted in Paris. At neither resort will you see them on a normal day these are mostly pictures from private events

tenchikiss

For the 24 hour party last year Pinocchio was out where Marie usually is on Main Street. We were quite surprised and tried to ask a CM where other rares might be. I don't think many knew or they were kept under wraps in case things fell through. A lot of villains were out during the late morning hours of the party but the lines were super long, especially the disaster that was the Maleficent and Hercules lines.

I have been to the past 4 MNSSP and there has been no Prince Eric. The other Princes were out though. The past one I was disappointed there was no Hans.

Kenny the Pirate is a great place to find out about rare characters and such. The Palooza at Hollywood Studios is easy to attend but for some other rares you sorta have to be lucky and at the right place at the right time. Or know the right CM.

iYazmo

I've never met Pinocchio. I did meet Mary Poppins when she was at MGM. It was so many years ago, I don't remember when it was. You walked into the park and she was immediately on your left in front of the Antiques and Curios Store. Then she got moved to World Showcase a few years later.

seahawk7

If I'm not mistaken, at the front of Main Street by Tony ' s Town Square Jiminy Cricket and Pinnochio with Geppetto have made appearances. I've seen them there at least twice.

Fox&Hound

I still think Disney missed an opportunity with Pete's Silly Sideshow. Get rid of the characters in circus attire (always seemed random and unrequested) and make it a spot to meet rare characters. Also, why can't you meet a random dwarf by the new mine train ride? Switch it up every now and then! "I really want to meet Daisy dressed as a fortune teller" said no kid ever.

Prog

I don't ever remember seeing a Dumbo character, but I have a picture of my grandfather & aunt meeting him in early 1972.

Cmdr_Crimson

I still think Disney missed an opportunity with Pete's Silly Sideshow. Get rid of the characters in circus attire (always seemed random and unrequested) and make it a spot to meet rare characters. Also, why can't you meet a random dwarf by the new mine train ride? Switch it up every now and then! "I really want to meet Daisy dressed as a fortune teller" said no kid ever.

Just bring Dumbo's Circus back to Disney Jr and then have the characters there...
Dumbo's_Circus.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom