Rare Characters

duncan21

Original Poster
Just got back from a 5 night stay at Wilderness lodge and had a great time. We attended the Halloween Parade at Magic Kingdom and it was amazing. But it got me thinking...has anybody out there ever seen any of the following rare characters from Disney films

Ichabod Crane
Mr. Toad
Paul Bunyan
Casey
Johnny Appleseed
Pecos Bill
Stromboli
3 fairies from Sleeping Beauty
Robin Hood
Merlin
Mad Madame Mim
Richard the Lionheart (robin hood)
Madame Medusa

Just wondering...thanks

Emberlene

Ichabod Crane appears on the Haunted Hayride at Fort Wilderness (I think it's a carriage ride this year.)

I would highly reccomend it but they have changed from the large wagons to 4 person carriages and I don't know how this will affect the "show".

drew81

Madam Medusa used to be in the parks. Merlin also used to appear for the Sword in the Stone show. Mad Madam Mim was in Disney on Ice many years ago.

Flora, Fauna, Merryweather, Robin Hood and Stomboli have been in the parks(parades).

The other characters I have never seen.

krankenstein

Ichabod Crane - nope
Mr. Toad - nope
Paul Bunyan - nope
Casey - nope
Johnny Appleseed - nope
Pecos Bill - nope
Stromboli - I've seen him, no pictures though.
3 fairies from Sleeping Beauty - I've seen them, but no pictures either
Robin Hood - Yep

2004_1221disney10011-1.jpg

Merlin - I've seen him, but not since they ended the little Sword in the Stone show
Mad Madame Mim - I've seen pictures of her
Richard the Lionheart (robin hood) - nope
Madame Medusa - nope

Shere_Khan

I saw Robin Hood and Merlin back in 95.

On my last trip in 2007 I other characters from Robin Hood like Friar Tuck and Prince John, but no Robin Hood.

jestrfyl

The older the film, or more distant its release in DVD, the less likely it will be to see the character. I personally have a treasured photo with Phil from Hercules (see my moniker and guess why). I doubt Johnny Appleseed was ever out signing autographs.:D

DABIGCHEEZ

We saw the Sleeping Beauty fairies in the Daytime Parade last year

188.jpg

And Robin Hood and Stromboli were out at the Contemporary one day this August during Hurricane Faye. The kids didnt want to go upto Stromboli but I am pretty sure we took a pic with Robin Hood.. I just can not find it right now. We also saw Stromboli at the DHS hat last year.

edit... i can't find the Robin Hood pic from this year.... he definately WAS there. And now I remember my son deleted a few pic while we were down there and that must have been one of them. We have seen him 5 times out of the last 10 annual trips. My favorite pic is my daughter with Little John from about 6 years ago.

drew81

The older the film, or more distant its release in DVD, the less likely it will be to see the character. I personally have a treasured photo with Phil from Hercules (see my moniker and guess why). I doubt Johnny Appleseed was ever out signing autographs.:D

I miss seeing Phil. He's a fun character.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom