Rapunzel's tower has arrived.

Timothy_Q

Why are they in the men's bathroom and not the womens? Flynn doesn't have a skillet.. he gets beat with it.

he starts using it halfway through the movie.
and considering he doesn't have a weapon before, he adopts the frying pan as his weapon of choice.

pan-flynn.jpg

It's also on the cover of the movie.

tangled_poster_c-535x792.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Nah, I get the film reference. I just find it odd (and honestly a bit gross) that there are multiple skillets inside of a functioning restroom.

I have to agree with this. Use of the skillets is a fun idea, but their placement over where mirrors normally would be just seems awkward to me. Other then this minor detail I think the rest of the area looks fantastic.

Fantasyland_Full_18409.jpg

George Lucas on a Bench

I don't know how to feel about this. Inevitably, it's...bathrooms.

However, the rocks going right up to the entrance of Haunted Mansion are ridiculous. It's eerily similar to what they did to the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland with Splash Mountain! Oddly, though, the transition from Liberty Square sort of works. The tower is totally jarring, but the walkway actually lets the theme kinda bleed like the other walkway does.

doctornick

So, it's tough to tell for sure from only the pictures/video, but I don't quite get why the little cul-de-sac area with the seating and the areas to plug in couldn't have been made into a M&G for Rapunzel/Flynn. Yes, you'd lose that "D-zone" function and areas to sit, but I feel like that could have theoretically worked as a M&G and not been blocking the walkway.

djkidkaz

Has anyone seen photos inside the women's restroom? I wonder if there are any details inside there instead of frying pans?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It seems like such a waste of new Fantasyland. Disney is treating this like a new experience...it's just a bathroom and there are bathrooms every where in the park. I also agree with anyone who said you can see it from Liberty Square. Doesn't match the theme :(

I can't think of another restroom area in the park that has this much detail. I personally think it's a great use of that space which was really two small for much else and it solves a number of different problems.

Clamman73

It seems like such a waste of new Fantasyland. Disney is treating this like a new experience...it's just a bathroom and there are bathrooms every where in the park. I also agree with anyone who said you can see it from Liberty Square. Doesn't match the theme :(

However, the Tangled bathrooms are not in the new Fantasyland area, and since Disney is looking at doing something with Peter Pan in some way, those PP (no pun intended) bathrooms were the only ones around the area, so a replacement was needed...

G00fyDad

I have to agree with this. Use of the skillets is a fun idea, but their placement over where mirrors normally would be just seems awkward to me. Other then this minor detail I think the rest of the area looks fantastic.

Fantasyland_Full_18409.jpg

I don't mean to sound stupid or anything but what in God's name is that gray thing on the sink and what to do stick in there? o_O

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I don't mean to sound stupid or anything but what in God's name is that gray thing on the sink and what to do stick in there? o_O
I wanted to ask that very same question, but I assumed that it was something that i was supposed to already know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom