Rapunzel's tower has arrived.

phi2134

Unfortunately I think I have to agree. As a stand alone I think it is "nice" and I appreciate that it is heavily themed, but as a transition between lands, it fits in neither.

I am hoping there is a bigger plan for the buildings of PP,MP and IASW, I think those are the biggest issues with fantasy land. You have beautiful new detailed themed buildings in the new FL and the tangled area, but then there are these hideous 90's looking facades outside PP, IASW and MP.

Bryner84

I am hoping there is a bigger plan for the buildings of PP,MP and IASW, I think those are the biggest issues with fantasy land. You have beautiful new detailed themed buildings in the new FL and the tangled area, but then there are these hideous 90's looking facades outside PP, IASW and MP.

I do think that could help. I actually thought the old transition in this area worked better than any other transition in the park. The Columbia Harbour House bridge had the dual benefit of limiting the sight lines and controlling the view, while also softening the thematic transition. I think the Storybook Bavarian look of Pinnochio Village Haus makes for a more natural fit and should serve as the basis for the entire Fantasyland theme...a small village at the base of the castle. This can easily transition to New Fantasyland as well as colonial America, especially by playing up on the more Tudor characteristics at that transition. Rapunzel's area seems as though it should be isolated in the middle of a forest and would benefit from space rather than in its current location.

midwest_mice

I do think that could help. I actually thought the old transition in this area worked better than any other transition in the park. The Columbia Harbour House bridge had the dual benefit of limiting the sight lines and controlling the view, while also softening the thematic transition. I think the Storybook Bavarian look of Pinnochio Village Haus makes for a more natural fit and should serve as the basis for the entire Fantasyland theme...a small village at the base of the castle. This can easily transition to New Fantasyland as well as colonial America, especially by playing up on the more Tudor characteristics at that transition. Rapunzel's area seems as though it should be isolated in the middle of a forest and would benefit from space rather than in its current location.
I really agree on this.
I also think what would really fit is a facade much like Peter Pan's Flight in Disneyland with the clock tower. This would transition well from Liberty Square

Sped2424

That looks terrifyingly bad.

A little bit of the Smurf village in the heart of the MK. Completely out of place. A total stylistic and thematic clash.

Awful.
Really? that looks bad? I think it fits completely in with the rest of fantasy land if anything is starting to look bad its the rest of the old fantasy land in comparison.

Tishypops

Omgoodness I am up to page 6 of this thread and I can't believe how much negativity there is. The first time I saw those pictures I thought WOW and how much my youngest DD will be amazed to see it.
If she asked to go up the tower I would simply come up with a magical reason she can't like any other normal parent would, and like I am sure the CMs have planned when they are asked the question. As many people have said this site is still under construction and you should wait until everything is finished before you pass judgement.
I think the tower needs to be this big because of what it is, if it was smaller it would not have the same impact and would not envoke the same imagination and emotional response from children when they see it.
As for picking holes in things being across different time points in the movies seriously get a grip. Please let's remember fantasy land is aimed pradominently at 3-8 year olds and what they want to see is rapunzel with her long blonde hair happily married to Flynn and living happily ever after, they do not care that at that point she has short brown hair. I don't understand why everyone can't just get into the spirit of it and enjoy what's there and not pick holes in every little detail

Sped2424

Omgoodness I am up to page 6 of this thread and I can't believe how much negativity there is. The first time I saw those pictures I thought WOW and how much my youngest DD will be amazed to see it.
If she asked to go up the tower I would simply come up with a magical reason she can't like any other normal parent would, and like I am sure the CMs have planned when they are asked the question. As many people have said this site is still under construction and you should wait until everything is finished before you pass judgement.
I think the tower needs to be this big because of what it is, if it was smaller it would not have the same impact and would not envoke the same imagination and emotional response from children when they see it.
As for picking holes in things being across different time points in the movies seriously get a grip. Please let's remember fantasy land is aimed pradominently at 3-8 year olds and what they want to see is rapunzel with her long blonde hair happily married to Flynn and living happily ever after, they do not care that at that point she has short brown hair. I don't understand why everyone can't just get into the spirit of it and enjoy what's there and not pick holes in every little detail
Thank you seriously some people on this site are ridiculous it makes me wonder why they even join a site devoted to disney if all they do is complain about everything Disney does. Have you guys seen the "Tower" disneyland got? no where near as cool as ours.

Genie of the Lamp

Thank you seriously some people on this site are ridiculous it makes me wonder why they even join a site devoted to disney if all they do is complain about everything Disney does. Have you guys seen the "Tower" disneyland got? no where near as cool as ours.

Hey @Sped2424 I got some extra pixie dust if you ran out of some. The way I see it if you see too much negativity just simply ignore it and just whistle while you snort or in this case blog/type. If negativity didn't exist on this site, there simply is no WDWMAGIC the way it is now and is a reason why hundreds even thousands of people come to read these threads. But all is good between us here and we should all be dreaming and thinking of happy thoughts here as our new life in the MK as Rapunzel would sing will now start by going to these bathrooms. Kind of stereotyping and perceptions that determine what this site is all about i.p.p.

Sped2424

Hey @Sped2424 I got some extra pixie dust if you ran out of some. The way I see it if you see too much negativity just simply ignore it and just whistle while you snort or in this case blog/type. If negativity didn't exist on this site, there simply is no WDWMAGIC the way it is now and is a reason why hundreds even thousands of people come to read these threads. But all is good between us here and we should all be dreaming and thinking of happy thoughts here as our new life in the MK as Rapunzel would sing will now start by going to these bathrooms. Kind of stereotyping and perceptions that determine what this site is all about i.p.p.
Seriously? already using the pixie dust joke you have been on this site for how long now? Listen where certain things need discussion by all means I agree with it but how often does one thread go from one subject to the yeti on Everest? Or the idea of new areas and rides treated with back lash and NOO CHANGE responses? Lets be honest here after a while it becomes bothersome and when nothing constructive is offered other than back lash and criticizing it really does call into questions why are you on this website if for no other reason than to complain or just whine about things that are simply out of your control. As for the bathrooms what if Disney had just thrown in plain bathrooms with no theming to begin with what then? We would have had threads saying "God these bathrooms are hideous or wow way to put in some effort. The entire Pixie dust term by the way is just ridiculous, The fact that I notice all these people complaining about every new detail that comes to the park makes me blinded by pixie dust? I joined this site to learn about new things that are coming to the park. I'm sure I'm not the only one on this site that feels the same way.

lazyboy97o

How is a young girl's prison cool?

Genie of the Lamp

Seriously? already using the pixie dust joke you have been on this site for how long now? Listen where certain things need discussion by all means I agree with it but how often does one thread go from one subject to the yeti on Everest? Or the idea of new areas and rides treated with back lash and NOO CHANGE responses? Lets be honest here after a while it becomes bothersome and when nothing constructive is offered other than back lash and criticizing it really does call into questions why are you on this website if for no other reason than to complain or just whine about things that are simply out of your control. As for the bathrooms what if Disney had just thrown in plain bathrooms with no theming to begin with what then? We would have had threads saying "God these bathrooms are hideous or wow way to put in some effort. The entire Pixie dust term by the way is just ridiculous, The fact that I notice all these people complaining about every new detail that comes to the park makes me blinded by pixie dust? I joined this site to learn about new things that are coming to the park. I'm sure I'm not the only one on this site that feels the same way.

Been here close to 4 magical weeks. Thread drifiting occurs pretty frequently on here. I don't find it bothersome although for some I can see why when it's directed at them. We/me just wish we were in control whether it be of WDW or TWDC as a whole. It's nice that they're theming them but honestly just wish they would've allocated that budget into possibly upgrading/updating PPF and IASW in that area of Fantasyland. I can live with plain bathrooms. I would've just been like "o good a bathroom, time to make a pit stop" I wouldn't of complained. I didn't invent that term just picked up on it. We're just nitpicky/meticulously detailed oriented people like wisdom teeth surgeons. Have you learned new things about WDW yet? Yeah there's quite a few that aren't as vocal. I'm sorry I shouldn't have offended you, can we put it aside and be blogger buds again. Hey didn't you go to the MK this weekend and take some pics?:)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Isn't complaining about the complaining still considered "complaining"?

Sped2424

I did actually But the only thing I got was some updated splash stuff Rapunzel tower got some updated photos from Ill upload em soon also Tried sneaking a peek at the new Que over at pirates to no avail.

Sped2424

tumblr_mi8o8j566q1rb3d4bo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mi8oaxUven1rb3d4bo1_500.jpg
geysers are back
tumblr_mi8o97dcrS1rb3d4bo1_500.jpg

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
So clever, Im tired of the negativity with no constructive base. But take it how you want
Thank you.

It just seems to me that you aren't looking in the right places for what you seem to want. This is a large forum, I'm sure you can find the information that you desire by simply digging in a little deeper.

The newest threads are usually very active and can be quite entertaining, although sometimes not very informative to newer members, don't let that throw you off of your quest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom