Ranking the Magic Kingdom Public Restrooms

Chicken Guy

Original Poster
Yes, you read that correctly.

I only consider restrooms labeled on official park maps for ranking; i.e. locations like Liberty Tree Tavern or Columbia Harbor House are omitted. Restrooms are ranked based on cleanliness, atmosphere, location, and traffic levels. There is absolutely no scientific evidence to back up any of my claims; only memories from at least two years ago and beyond. The contenders are:
  • Entrance Gate- Entrance Plaza
  • City Hall- Main Street USA
  • Crystal Palace- Main Street USA
  • Pirates of the Caribbean- Adventureland
  • Pecos Bill's- Frontierland
  • Splash Mountain- Frontierland
  • Tom Sawyer Island, Landing Dock- Frontierland
  • Tom Sawyer Island, Fort Langhorn- Frontierland
  • Tangled Restrooms- Fantasyland
  • Pinocchio's Village Haus- Fantasyland
  • Cheshire Café- Fantasyland
  • Gaston's Tavern- Fantasyland
  • Storybook Circus Station- Fantasyland
  • Tomorrowland Speedway/Star Traders- Tomorrowland
  • Skyway Station- Tomorrowland
  • Tomorrowland Terrace- Tomorrowland
Disclaimer: I do not remember the following restrooms well enough to accurately rank them: Entrance Gate, Crystal Palace, Pecos Bill's, Gaston's Tavern, Storybook Circus.

11. Tomorrowland Speedway Restrooms- NO. Crowded, dirty, and located at one of the worst choke points in the park. A miserable experience from beginning to end.
10. Splash Mountain- Should probably omit this since I don't remember it well, but I can almost guarantee that the floor is sopped in Splash Mountain's Iodine-infused flume water tracked in by a steady stream of guests. Gets almost exclusively used by Splash Mountain riders from my personal experience.
9. Cheshire Café- an old restroom; something feels off. I don't recall it being that large or remarkable in any way.
8. Pirates- Surprising traffic levels considering relatively hidden location. Spacious, but the crowds counteract this advantage. Not particularly clean from my memory.
7. Pinocchio Village Haus- slight choke point sometimes at entrance. A bit smaller than desired from my memory and often crowded due to central location, but nothing offensive.
6. Tom Sawyer Island, Fort Langhorn- Novelty factor for being a private restroom with space for basically only one person; however, others can still enter while you use the restroom. Since it is in one of the most remote locations in the park, it hardly gets traffic, so its maintenance is a bit lackluster.
5. Tangled Restrooms- Points for style and excellent theming, but it's one of the most crowded restrooms in the park. Thankfully, the area was landscaped with this in mind and has plenty of space outside and inside. Quarters are quite dark, though.
4. Tom Sawyer Island, Landing Dock- Small, but clean. Gets relatively little traffic. Too large to be a single person restroom, but too small to be considered full size. Play a game of checkers in a rocking chair while you wait for your folks!
3. Tomorrowland Terrace- Similar to Skyway Station but with higher traffic. Clean and dependable with a slight chance of crowds.
2. City Hall- Moderate Traffic, but it has a relaxed feel; people at the near end of Main Street typically aren't in a rush. Relatively well kept and well lit with plenty of sitting space outside.
1. Skyway Station- Secluded location, spacious, bright lights, clean from my experience, little traffic. Pleasant waiting space outside restrooms. An exemplary public restroom experience.

Whelp, there it is. Curious to hear everyone's thoughts. If ranking gets too arbitrary, it's alright if the thread devolves into normal conversation about the goods and bads of particular restrooms. Enjoy!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
200w.gif

JohnD

The sign is readable and is located where the app says it is so I can get there stat! No other criteria, thank you.

Worldlover71

I won't even attempt to rank them, but I will say that I find myself using the one at the Crystal Palace a disproportionate amount of the time for some reason.

Yellow Shoes

Years ago, like 25, the Tomorrowland Speedway one (the one I'm talking about is next to Merchant of Venus) was my favorite because it really was "tomorrow." When they were still fairly rare, it was the only one with self-flushing toilets and automatic water faucets, and the hard shiny surfaces were futuristic. Loved the male/female robots on the doors. Sadly, two months ago, this was one of the saddest, most in need of maintenance restrooms in MK.

Chicken Guy

Original Poster
Tangled and the restrooms between Frontierland/Adventureland are my go-to's
I actually overlooked the Frontierland/Adventureland restroom. I remember it well, but for one reason or another I did not spot its logo on the map I used.

Last edited:

Pepper's Ghost

Unless I'm misunderstanding your labeling, you've forgotten an area of public restrooms I've used frequently in Adventureland. It's right by the Swiss Family Treehouse and has a walk-through short cut to Liberty Square. I use these frequently for some reason. Can't explain why, but they're not bad. Apologies if you listed them with a label I didn't catch...
Capture.JPG

Pepper's Ghost

Btw, for those ripping the subject matter, although it's not my favorite topic, is it really that much more ridiculous than any other subject? I mean, how many THIS vs THAT topics are started on here and argued intensely. There are some members on here who only post THIS vs THAT topics, and contribute nothing more.

Chicken Guy

Original Poster
Unless I'm misunderstanding your labeling, you've forgotten an area of public restrooms I've used frequently in Adventureland. It's right by the Swiss Family Treehouse and has a walk-through short cut to Liberty Square. I use these frequently for some reason. Can't explain why, but they're not bad. Apologies if you listed them with a label I didn't catch...
View attachment 560508
I think what happened is I was only looking at white labels, while the blue labels denote “accessible” restrooms. Anyone know what exactly the difference is? I notice in this snippet that the Crystal Palace restrooms, for example, are not considered accessible.

Sbk1234

someone has way too much time on their hands, next ranking the silverware at each sit down restaurant.
Liberty Tree Tavern is the best, no doubt, followed closely by Be Our Guest. However, I do have to admit that BOG has superior soup spoons, based on shape and depth.

I am fond of the feel of the fork tines in my mouth at Cinderella's Royal Table.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom