Rank your top 10 rides at Magic Kingdom

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Big Thunder I've never really been a huge fan of. It's a pretty fun coaster, but nothing really outstanding and I was always worried that I'd hit my head on something, being tall and all. Still, it is better than a lot of attractions

Me too. I am 6'2" and have always thought I'd strike my head off of something. In reality we probably aren't even close to it. People put their hands up and miss it. In Space Mountain I just trust that the engineers don't let us smack our heads off of a bar :king:

Pirates lost a lot of it's charm after the refurb. I actually miss the pre Jack Sparrow days with the talking skull and the non politically correct scene of the pirates chasing women. Now it just isn't as good as it use to be.

There is still the chasing women scene. Not to mention they still have the "give a wench for a bride" thing. Hardly politically correct in my mind. But that's how it should be. I was on the ride last week

lisak09

1. Pirates of the Caribbean
2. Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
3. Jungle Cruise
4. Haunted Mansion
5. Philharmagic
6. Peter Pan's Flight
7. Monster's Inc Laugh Floor
8. It's A Small World
9. Snow White's Scary Adventures
10. The Enchanted Tiki Room

I don't like coasters or drops so no mountains for me!

Susan Savia

1. Splash
2. Carrosel of Progress
3. Pirates
4. TTA
5. Buzz
6. Haunted Mansion
7. Monsters Laugh Floor
8. Small World
9. Peter Pans Flight
10. Philharmagic

not necessarily in this order...

MarkTwain

Okay, make it 5 or 15 or whatever. I love pretty much all of them so I hate to leave some out. I have explanations for each of them too. A lot of it is based on the combination of animatronics, thrill, nostalgia and amazement. Here goes:

Pirates - love everything about it. The queue is interesting, the mist, the drop, the music and the details of Captain Jack along with other Pirates. Plus the hidden mickeys are very hard to spot, even if you have the book with you (I saw the one of the cat's shadow). Plus if I didn't know any better I would think I was in a different world for 10 minutes
Haunted Mansion - the whole ride is a great job, makes you feel like you are in a haunted mansion, an example of why Disney is better than any other park
Splash Mountain - the queue is great, the drop(s), the view at the top, Brer Rabbit
Small World - nostalgic and every sings in sync, amazing.....still
Country Bear Jamboree - I see it gets hate on these boards. I like it because it is so simple and different. Plus nostalgia drips from this show. My dad who was 28 and his parents saw this in 1973. I never knew my grandparents but this was one of their favourites and I think of that everytime I see the show
Carousel of Progress - Simple. Plus it was one of Walt's babies.
Thunder Mountain - It's a roller coaster, so decent thrills and a good theme
Peter Pan - It wouldn't hurt if it were longer. I always fastpass this one to get on quick but I guess it's magical in a way, and an original
Space Mountain - Love it because of the unknown. I'm not a space nut so the theme is just okay with me, but a rollercoaster in the dark is good anytime
Hall of Presidents - Even as a Canadian this show makes me proud. The lobby feels like the White House and where else can you see 44 Presidents?
Mickey's Philharmagic - I've always loved Donald. But this show throws all the best of Disney music all in one. Hard to beat that.

OP, my list is pretty similar to yours.

1. Haunted Mansion
2. Pirates
3. Jungle Cruise
4. Liberty Belle
5. Splash Mountain (judging by this list so far, I like me some boat rides)
6. Tomorrowland Transit Authority
7. Carousel of Progress
8. Country Bear Jamboree
9. Mickey's Philharmagic
10. Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters

Apparently my tastes are pretty old-school!

ProfSlim

DS1....................DS2..................... DD
1. PoTC...............1. PoTC............... 1. IASM
2. HM..................2. Spl..................2. BTMRR
3. BTMRR.............3. BTMRR............. 3. Spl
4. SM..................4. SM...................4. PPF
5. Spl..................5.Philharmagic........5. Philharmagic
6. Philharmagic......6. Buzz.................6. SWSA
7. Buzz................7. PPF..................7. HM
8. JC...................8.JC.....................8. TTA
9. TTA.................9. TTA..................9. Buzz
10. Speedway.......10. Speedway........10. CBJ

Thrill Seeker

There is still the chasing women scene. Not to mention they still have the "give a wench for a bride" thing. Hardly politically correct in my mind. But that's how it should be. I was on the ride last week

It was originally the pirates chasing the women and then the last one was the big woman chasing the pirate. Now to politically correct it, all the women are chasing the pirates. It's not funny anymore like it use to be...

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
It was originally the pirates chasing the women and then the last one was the big woman chasing the pirate. Now to politically correct it, all the women are chasing the pirates. It's not funny anymore like it use to be...

Really? Well I'll have to look at it again next time. There is still the "wench for a bride" thing though :king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom