Rank the resorts you've stayed at

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainkidd

1.Wilderness Lodge - Dollar for dollar, I think this is the best resort on property. Cost is less than other deluxes, but you get just as much bang for your buck. It's always clean, the theming is top-notch, and the food is great.

2.Polynesian - Rooms are huge, location is the best, food is great, and had an awesome atmosphere. Only problem with it is that it can be slightly dirty in some places.

3.Grand Floridian - Beautiful rooms, no bad views. Great location for Magic Kingdom. Can be a bit intimidating though.

4.All Star Movies - No other resort has such a cool Disney vibe to it. Best food court on property, fun swimming pools, great bus service.

5.Port Orleans Riverside - Beautiful landscaping. Boat service to DTD. Themed very well.

6.Pop Century - Like the All Stars, food court is great. Theming is just below ASMovies in my opinion.

7.Caribbean Beach Resort - Lovely grounds, great atmosphere. Sadly, the bus service is pretty bad.

8.All Star Music - Food court is OK. Atmosphere is just slightly better than Sports.

9.All Star Sports - See above.

10.Yacht Club - Biggest disappointment for me. It looks beautiful on the outside, and is beautiful in the inside. It simply lacks the Disney feel to me. Long walks from some guest rooms. Service was less than stellar for a resort in this price range. Bus service was bad.

11.Old Key West - I liked nothing about this resort except the boat to DTD. Way too big, long walk to pool and restaurants, shops. Bus service was abysmal. Felt like a retirement community.

PhilharMagician

How are the Old Key West rooms? I have always been interested in staying there.
The rooms are very large and oddly shaped compared to a typical hotel room. Overall a very nice resort.

Just a note that BC/YC pool and AKL pool are not available for pool hoping unless rules have just recently changed.

Upvote 0

PixarfortheWin

The rooms are very large and oddly shaped compared to a typical hotel room. Overall a very nice resort.

Just a note that BC/YC pool and AKL pool are not available for pool hoping unless rules have just recently changed.

All you need is a Roomkey to use the resort pools, they wont swipe your card or anything like that.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
All you need is a Roomkey to use the resort pools, they wont swipe your card or anything like that.

Official Disney policy states that the resort pools are for the exclusive use of guests staying at that specific resort. Just because it is not enforced does not mean it is allowed. This is a key reason why the Poly's pool gets so crowded, because so many people "pool hop", which is a very heated debate on any Disney forum.

As for the Y/B pool, they do check your room keys and they can tell by the beginning digits on the card if you are staying there or not. If you are, you will be issued a wristband to wear for the day while at the pool. If you are not staying there, you will not be issued a wristband and thus not allowed into the pool area.

Upvote 0

PixarfortheWin

I think i am going to try to stay there once. I loved working there for a day because the costumes were sweet and the environment and theme were really interesting.

Upvote 0

devoy1701

What you are actually "allowed" to do and what people do anyway are completely different things. I have friends who drive over to Disney for the day JUST to resort pool hop. Cheapskates if you ask me! But nobody actually "checks" for a resort key. Officially you are not allowed to pool hop anymore unless as stated you are a DVC member.

Upvote 0

PixarfortheWin

What you are actually "allowed" to do and what people do anyway are completely different things. I have friends who drive over to Disney for the day JUST to resort pool hop. Cheapskates if you ask me! But nobody actually "checks" for a resort key. Officially you are not allowed to pool hop anymore unless as stated you are a DVC member.

I know that the Pool at the Beach and Yacht check, especially if you want a towel. During the Fourth of July they check at the Polynesian because people try to flood the pool and watch the MK fireworks.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
Official Disney policy is that you need to have a room key that is not expired to use the pools. That is all that will be asked of you.

That's not even asked most of the time. However, the lifeguards can tell by the numbers on your card what resort you are staying at. If you are staying at Port Orleans and go to the Polynesian and are asked to present your room key, you will not be allowed to use the pool. But again, official policy, as it clearly states on Disney's website and on the sign at every pool on property, is that pool is for the exclusive use of guests staying at that resort, not for anyone staying at WDW with a non-expired room key.

Upvote 0

PixarfortheWin

That's not even asked most of the time. However, the lifeguards can tell by the numbers on your card what resort you are staying at. If you are staying at Port Orleans and go to the Polynesian and are asked to present your room key, you will not be allowed to use the pool.

Those must be some super Lifeguards because even front desk castmembers do not know which resort you stay at by your keycard. I also know a lot of lifeguards and they only check the dates, because if you look on it there is a date there that says when you are checking out.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
Those must be some super Lifeguards because even front desk castmembers do not know which resort you stay at by your keycard. I also know a lot of lifeguards and they only check the dates, because if you look on it there is a date there that says when you are checking out.

The code indicating which resort you are staying at is located on the bottom left hand corner of your room key. I have no idea if a front desk CM needs to know this information or not. But the lifeguards, if they are doing their job properly, know what these codes are.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom