Rank the resorts you've stayed at

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainkidd

1.Wilderness Lodge - Dollar for dollar, I think this is the best resort on property. Cost is less than other deluxes, but you get just as much bang for your buck. It's always clean, the theming is top-notch, and the food is great.

2.Polynesian - Rooms are huge, location is the best, food is great, and had an awesome atmosphere. Only problem with it is that it can be slightly dirty in some places.

3.Grand Floridian - Beautiful rooms, no bad views. Great location for Magic Kingdom. Can be a bit intimidating though.

4.All Star Movies - No other resort has such a cool Disney vibe to it. Best food court on property, fun swimming pools, great bus service.

5.Port Orleans Riverside - Beautiful landscaping. Boat service to DTD. Themed very well.

6.Pop Century - Like the All Stars, food court is great. Theming is just below ASMovies in my opinion.

7.Caribbean Beach Resort - Lovely grounds, great atmosphere. Sadly, the bus service is pretty bad.

8.All Star Music - Food court is OK. Atmosphere is just slightly better than Sports.

9.All Star Sports - See above.

10.Yacht Club - Biggest disappointment for me. It looks beautiful on the outside, and is beautiful in the inside. It simply lacks the Disney feel to me. Long walks from some guest rooms. Service was less than stellar for a resort in this price range. Bus service was bad.

11.Old Key West - I liked nothing about this resort except the boat to DTD. Way too big, long walk to pool and restaurants, shops. Bus service was abysmal. Felt like a retirement community.

Pete C

1. Yacht Club - The only deluxe I've stayed at so far. I loved, absolutely loved the look of the resort from the outside walking around by the lake, and the pool area is the best in WDW. The rooms were very nice if a bit dated looking. The king bed was awesome, but the look of the rooms could be a bit updated for a more modern nautical theme.

2. Port Orleans French Quarter - Beautiful grounds, prettiest lobby of the moderates, and excellent, high-quality theming. Very nice, peaceful place to walk around and enjoy the lush landscaping. The beds were pretty lame though. We had a double room and the bed was too small for two people. They need to upgrade these to queens like Coronado Springs has. The food court was my favorite here of all the food courts. Bus system was great here as we had the first stop on the PO ring. I also enjoyed the boat ride to DTD.

3. Coronado Springs - I felt the theming here was not very high quality. The buildings didn't look very authentic and just gave off an almost tacky-ish look. The lake is wonderful though, as is the pool area. Way better pool here than POFQ. The food court was lousy...worst value for the money paid unless you just love pigging out. Over $30 for lunch for two, and the food quality was lacking. We got unlucky and did not get one of the refurbished rooms. The room was dark and dated looking...just overall not nice in any way. The new rooms look far better though. The room took forever to get to from the car or bus, and it was a confusing layout. I don't think I will be going back.

4. Pop Century - A step up from the All Stars, but only because it was new when I went. Nothing special, but I liked the lobby and food court better here. Bus system worked well.

5. All Star Movies - The first Disney resort I ever stayed in. It was nothing special, but fun and this was when I first realized the benefits of staying on property for the bus system and overall feel.

We are staying at Wilderness Lodge for our Anniversary next month and I am really looking forward to it. We were booked at the Contemporary, but I felt the theme there might be a bit too boring despite the awesome looking rooms.

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

1. Wilderness Lodge - total agreement in all your points, pound for pound the best resort on property.
2. Contemporary – Since the refurbishment it is the most comfortable resort I’ve stayed in. People criticize it for lack of theme but from the gumdrop trees to the monorail running through the building to me it is pure Walt Disney.
3. Polynesian - again I agree with everything you said right down to the “dirty in some places.” It needs a good “face lift” like the Contemporary got. I know the bathrooms really need an update. It could be done without losing the flavor of the resort.

Upvote 0

WishIwasThere

1. Wilderness Lodge - feels like a different state, (as it is supposed to), not like the middle of Florida. Theme is awesome. Kids loved having bunk beds. Like the boat launch to MK, just too bad you have to share with campground.

2. Shades of Green - loved looking out over the golf course. Rooms were huge and $ for $ can't beat the price for deluxe accomodations. Short walk to Poly or TTC to catch a monorial.

3. Contemporary - how can you not enjoy 'walking' to the Magic Kingdom. Watching the monorail glide through the concourse is pure magic.

4. Polynesian - Volcano pool is awesome. Has Ohana (me need meat) and Tonga Toast (brilliant idea). Nice to be able to take a monorail or a boat to the MK. Rooms are big but were quite dated when we stayed a few years ago. Would like to see it now they have been updated.

5. Carribean Beach Resort - loved taking early morning strolls around the 'lake'. Enjoyed food court and Shutters but nothing special. Rooms were clean and had enough space for family.

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Mine is very short....

1 - All Star Movies - our first taste of a Disney Resort and we loved the decor and atmoshpere.

2 - Pop Century - tried this once and it was OK, but we like the movies icons and decor better.

X - wish we could stay at the Poly or WL! Hopefully in the future! :D

Upvote 0

MickeyKimmy

Grand Floridian - Just love this place, beautiful, great service, lots of food choices. (If we are counting DL hotels too, I thought the Grand Californian was even better than GF!)

Yacht Club - Ranks right up there with GF to me and can't beat the location.

Port Orleans Riverside - My favorite mod, love the themeing.

Caribbean Beach - Love the tropical theme and went here on my honeymoon so it will always hold a special place in my heart.

Wilderness Lodge - Was a nice hotel but I just didn't click with it I guess.

Port Orleans French Quarter - Thought the resort was just too small and cramped feeling.

Coronado Springs - Felt like a convention hotel and just didn't enjoy being there.

All Star Music - Hated it. Felt so crowded all the time and I hated the themeing.

Going to BW on Sunday and Poly in Febuary so my rankings my drastically change! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

wdwwdeagle

Bay Lake Tower -- location, kitchen, 2 bathrooms, king bed, and separate beds and sleeping quarters for the kids.... all for $264/night via bounceback offer. Totally worth it!

Poly -- boat, location, theme... love it, and will probably stay here next time we go.

Boardwalk -- a pretty resort, walking distance to 2 parks, a nice change of pace from MK resort loop.

Contemporary -- loved this also, but now that we've discovered BLT, we prob. would stay there in the future instead of CR if the prices weren't too much different.

Yacht Club --- Loved this too, but so similar in theme, location and price to BW, means it meets the same fate as CR.

Animal Kingdom Lodge --- my Eaglette's favorite. Stayed there twice, and I think the location of our room made a big difference -- first time, we were in a great spot where lots of animals stayed outside the window, second time, very few animals and biting flies meant the balcony view was only a so-so experience. Location is too far away from everything.

Grand Floridian -- very easy on the eyes, but the price point feels like I'm paying for the label.

Wilderness Lodge -- we just didn't like it. I don't know why, but compared to all the others we had stayed at, it just didn't have the 'wow' factor for us. Probably the only one on this list we wouldn't consider staying at again.

Upvote 0

BoardwalkGlenn

1. Port Orleans Riverside - have stayed there twice and love it more and more each time, from landscaping, Sassagoula River, food court options, location...oh so much

2. Coronado Springs - even though it's quite large, it was a beautiful resort. love the Southwest/Mexico theme and food.

3. Caribbean Beach - definitely seemed more active at night at this resort than the other 2 mods I've been at. beautifully themed, but just didn't enjoy it as much.

List to try (hopefully soon): Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, & Port Orleans French Quarter

Upvote 0

pooh's

Grand Floridian - great location, always clean and inviting. Bright white and open. Great pools and beach area. Monorail at the door for ease of travel.

Wilderness Lodge - unique feel, the lobby is a sight to see, great pool with flowing river, geyser. Love the boat ride to MK.

Polynesian - my least favorite, dark and overgrown. Went 2 years ago and the river running thru the property was full of trash for multiple days. Pool area good and nice beach.

Upvote 0

slacker

1. Beach Club- My family and I love this hotel. It has the best pool, and is in the greatest location.. in my opinion. Not to mention the rooms are beautiful, and the Beach club Marketplace is great!

2. Boardwalk- so so close to being number one! I love everything about the Boardwalk.. especially Jellyrolls! Also shares the awesome location the Beach Club has.

3. Contemporary- Stayed here for only one night, but it was in the tower on the Magic Kingdom side. The contemporary's rooms are my favourites of all the hotels. Also, can't beat that view! One night only, and it ranks 3 on my list.

4. Kidani Village at Animal Kingdom Lodge- The hotel rooms were beautiful, and the pool was so nice. Not to mention the savannah. The only problem is it's far away from almost everything. Those bus rides at the end of the nights were painful sometimes.

5. Polynesian- Also only stayed here one night.. but who doesn't love the polynesian? It has some of my favourite places to eat on property. Ohana's is my favourite.. and the grilled cheese in captain cook's is so good. Yeah, I guess it gets spot 5 for the food.

6. Coronado Springs- It's just all around beautiful. Plus the Pepper Market.. okay, food is a deciding factor on a few of these I guess.

7. Wilderness Lodge- Love that lobby!

8. Pop Century- This one was a Christmas trip with my mum, so that could be why it ranks so high.. but we really enjoyed this hotel! It's just so fun!

9. Yacht Club- Funny that Beach Club is my favourite, but Yacht Club isn't at all. It's just not as appealing to me personally.

10. The Dolphin- was really nice. Plus has the great location of the Yacht/Beach and Boardwalk. No balcony in our room.. but we could see the Tower of Terror, that's always good. Also, the Dolphin has a really cute candy store in it.

11. Grand Floridian- while it was nice and I love all of the restaurants, it just didn't seem worth the amount of money I paid for it. Plus I think I just liked numbers 1-10 more. BUT it's quick service restaurant is open 24 hours! The mugs were refillable at all hours of the day.

12. All Star Sports- I really can't say anything bad about any Disney resort. I liked this one, but others are just nicer.

13. Saratoga Springs- We were put in the farthest building possible from the main one.. it's just too big. I'm sure it can be wonderful, but based on my experience there, I would pick a bunch of other hotels first.

14. Port Orleans Riverside- Stayed here one night, it was okay.

Upvote 0
#1 The Poly. I love the whole feel of this resort. The landscaping, the lagoon, and the tiki torches. And I also love being able to hop on the monorail and get to the Magic Kingdom in 5 minutes. Or walk to the TTC and be to Epcot in under 15.

#2 POR. I think POR is the most peaceful feeling of all of the Disney resorts I have stayed at. The tree lined paths are great for just strolling around and unwinding after a hectic day at the parks. The food court is the best at WDW, imho.

#3 the Contemporary. I think the monorail zooming thru makes this resort seem special. So does walking to the Magic Kingdom. Plus it is great to be able to roll out of bed in the morning and go have breakfast with Mickey and friends.

#4 POFQ. This is a great resort for when you don't want to feel like you are sharing space with thousands of other guests. Very compact, and quite pretty. A good food court, but the gift shop could be bigger.

#5 All Star Music. This is such a fun resort! The rooms are cute and well put together. The games and movies by the pool make it seem so festive. And I have always had good bus service during my stays at the Music.

#6 All Star Sports. A very under-appreciated resort. The sports theme is done in a non-yucky way, for lack of a better way of putting it. The Surf's Up section is actually very pretty.

#7 The Beach Club. After wanting to stay there so much, I came away very disappointed. There is no decent counter service place for meals. Sharing a bus with the other boardwalk area resorts meant very long bus rides to both the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. And while I understand why they do it, I dislike the fact that they close Storm Along Bay down so early at night.

#8 Coronado Springs Resort. The room itself was fine, but it was quite a walk away from the main building. The hot tub was always full, so we could never use it. The Pepper Market is a wierd hybrid of a counter service and sit down restaurant. And I really just didn't care for the whole desert theme. Just not my cup of tea.

Upvote 0

Lucky

1. AKL - savannah, lobby & theming in general, best gift shop, Boma

2. Coronado - best mod pool, only mod with fitness center, nice CS if you're on DDP, most beautiful mod, queen beds

3. POFQ

4. Caribbean Beach

5. Pop Century

Adjusting for price, I'd take Coronado. If price were not a factor, I'd stay at the Poly (location, theming, restaurants).

Upvote 0

optjay

1) Wilderness Lodge
2) Beach Club
3) Contemporary
4) Boardwalk
5) Carribean beach
6) Corronado
7) Grand Floridian
8) All star Sport
9) All Star Movie
10) Pop Century
11) All Star Music
12) Old Key West

Upvote 0

wdwfan22

1.) Grand Floridian - Spectacular rooms, themeing top notch, service outstanding, housekeeping excellent, food options great. Our first choice always.

2.) Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort - We love the 2 bedroom villas here. Spacious rooms and nice pool area.

3.) Contemporary Resort - Love the spacious rooms and Magic Kingdom view from the tower. Like the gift shops, and the ability to walk to Magic Kingdom.

4.) Polynesian Resort - spacious rooms, housekeeping could be a little better here, great shops and restaurants.

5.) Yacht & Beach Club - great location, rooms are not on par with the monorail resorts but still nice. Fabulous pool area.

6.) Wilderness Lodge - cheapest of the deluxe but rooms are smaller. We are not fans of the wilderness theme, but some seem to love it. Gift shop is okay and restaurant choices are limited.

7.) Coronado Springs - Perfect choice for a moderate resort, has the feel of a deluxe. Huge gift shop, food options are pretty good to. Rooms have queen size beds to.

8.) Port Orleans Riverside - Nice themeing, okay rooms.

9.) Caribbean Beach - not a fan

Upvote 0

alanbrai

1. Wilderness Lodge - great theming, lovely grounds, nice price for a deluxe.

2. Pop Century - nice theming, ok grounds, has a great feeling of being at WDW (can not figure out how but it doea to me)

3. any of the other resorts I have not stayed at yet

4. Contemporary - when i stayed there in 1998 it was great would have said it was number two back then. After staying there in 2007 I would not go back. My feeling is that it has gotten to corporate and lost a lot of it's Disneyness. Only thing it's got going for it is the MK view rooms.

Upvote 0

_Scar

1. Saratoga Springs- Stayed in the building closest to DtD; it was spectacular! The view at night was so relaxing hearing the busy downtown across the pond! The quiet pool was large and also was in an amazing spot. The laundry was also very conveniently located there as well. I will return one day, but until then I miss it so so much.

2. Dolphin- Very high class, sophisticated atmosphere! We actually felt out of place when we checked in! The location = amazing. Beds = most comfortable ever. View = astounding. The only thing holding it back is the theme. It's just a really, really nice hotel with the theme of.... a really nice hotel. Will stay here again if given the oppurtunity though. Those beds were to die for.

3. Fort Wilderness Cabins- It was just 'okay'. It was quaint but larger than hotel rooms by far, but it didn't feel much like a vacation. Its remote location (although, it really isn't remote at all- but feels like it) takes away from the 'magic'. Our cabin was nowhere near anything else either so we had to bus just to get to where we wanted to go, even when we had our car! Beds were somewhat uncomfortable, too. Kind of a let down- but we still had fun & isnt that what matters?

By this time next year I will be able to add 3 more to this list :)

Upvote 0

disneylemons

1. Polynesian - love the volcano pool and relaxing music, great theme. Kona Cafe and sitting on the beach for water parade and fireworks.

2. Wilderness Lodge - favorite them - love Whispering Canyon -rooms could be a bit bigger. Great lobby!

3. Boardwalk - love the huge rooms! Beautiful theme

4. Contemporary - good monorail location - Chef Mickey's

5. Grand Floridian - a tad stuffy.. the club level food was odd. Great location and beautiful.

6. Fort Wilderness Campground cabin - lots of room - laid back atmosphere

7. All Star Movies - really cute and really DISNEY

8. Bay Lake Tower - felt like on a business trip but rooms really nice - too far from snack station

9. Port Orleans - French Quarter..just not me..

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

1. Grand Floridian. Stayed there when it opened. Lagoon side. Was fantastic, Great restaurants, service, location and monorail.
2. Wilderness Lodge. The one we've stayed in the most. Best themed on the property, still. We love everything about it. Rooms are smaller than the other Deluxe resorts is the main reason it's not No. 1.
3. Contemporary. Have managed to stay on the Magic Kingdom side both times we've stayed here. There's something about being up at 3 o'clock in the morning and looking out your window as they put the monorails to bed for the night, with the track switches and everything. Not to mention all the resort actually offers.
4. Carribean Beach Resort. Our first Disney hotel. Love the theming. Not so much the hike to the food.
5. Pop Century. Newest of the Values and therefore the nicest. Also the last one we've stayed at. Just has the advantage of being the most recently designed Value.
6. All-Star Sports. Ahead of Music simply because of the better bus service.
7. All-Star Music. Only finishes last because of the bus service.

Upvote 0

kcs

1. POR-Riverside- We loved the relaxed feel of this resort after a fun and noisy day in the parks. The quiet pools, great food court, Bob the piano guy, and the relaxing boat ride to DTD and Goofy's Candy. This is home to us.
2. Boardwalk-Loved walking to Epcot and DHS. We missed the food court for a quick full breakfast before heading to rope drop.
3. Contemp. Big rooms and a nice walk to MK. A little noisy for us and the rooms were a little sterile for us. Again, missed the food court.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

1)Polynesian-totally amazing, beautiful, love the monorail, I adore the location and area as MK is my favorite park, love Captain Cooks and much more.

2)Dolphin-(Where we're staying on our next trip!)for anyone who has ever stayed there, all I need to say is HEAVENLY BEDS! Amazing! Beautiful lobby, great location, love the rooms, and Picabu's.

3)Swan-for all the same reasons as the Dolphin, but I like the set-up and theming of the Dolphin more personally although they are similar.

4)Boardwalk-again, great location, nice rooms and lobby and I love the look of the building from the back on the actual Boardwalk.

5)Coronado Springs-love the theming and pool is nice and the rooms were nice at the time but since then, they've all been renovated.

6)All Star Music-stayed there a very long time ago so I barely remember it but I remember that as a kid, the theming and pool was fun.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom