randomness and shoes

twoweirdos

Original Poster
what shoes do you wear to the parks?Im guessing most people wear "trainers",,,,I dont know what everyone calls them...gym shoes,,sneakers...tennis shoes..etc
I rarely wear them and feel dorky wearing outisde of the gym.I have a pair i wear at my second job(but Its a food service job and I have to wear non slip )
we went before and I wore my docs...but it was in february and we only did two parks,,,one each day
Next trip will be park hopping and all 4.Maybe a good pair of skechers?

s.ollie

I wear my flip flops.... just make sure whatever shoes you choose you wear them alot before you go to break them in. :)

PineapplePrincess

I don't like wearing sneakers either. I wear fitflops while I'm in the world. As long as you're used to wearing them (so they don't rub between your toes) they are very comfortable.

DisGal

I also don't wear sneakers outside of the gym - I'm just not into it. I love flip flops and found the best brand almost a year ago called Sanuk Yoga. They are made out of yoga mats and are serioulsy like butter for your feet. Definitely the most comfortable flip flops ever and perfect for walking around the park. I have 3 pairs in different colors/patterns:
1105804-p-2x.jpg

twoweirdos

Original Poster
I also don't wear sneakers outside of the gym - I'm just not into it. I love flip flops and found the best brand almost a year ago called Sanuk Yoga. They are made out of yoga mats and are serioulsy like butter for your feet. Definitely the most comfortable flip flops ever and perfect for walking around the park. I have 3 pairs in different colors/patterns:

sooooooo cute:)

NORMNB8S

In the parks, I wear my New Balance sneakers/tennis shoes/trainers/whatever you choose to call them. They're the most comfortable for me when it comes to spending all day walking around in the park. Sometimes I might wear my flip flops but that is usually just on days we head to Downtown Disney or the resorts to look around.

Bravo 229

Ive found that my running shoes work best, even though they are bright yellow in color (I get a lot of odd looks)...and I have worn dress shoes to EPCOT on occassion, though I would advise wearing gel inserts because they become uncomfortable after a few hours.

zurgandfriend

Gym shoes, aka trainers sneakers etc. . I find they provide the best support. I usually get a new pair about 2 weeks before a trip and "break them in by walking at night after work, it also helps to get in shape for WDW.

On a side note I have seen women in high heels in the park. Not the most comfortable choice of footwear it would seem.

graphite1326

Sneakers! You couldn't keep up or last a day with me in flip flops. Also, I have had my foot run over by a wild driving stroller before.

Not into sneakers - I have never heard of such a thing.

NORMNB8S

I'm kind of intrigued by those SleepingMonk but I wear size 16 mens, and I don't think they make them that big. At least not that I have found.

foreverbelle

For me its sneakers mostly.

The key thing to remember is to wear something you are comfortable in. For some its sandals, for other its flip flops and for the rest its sneakers. Its all personal preference really. I have even seen-though no clue how they do it-women were the five inch heels. I can barely stand to wear them for 8 hours sitting at my cube. But to each their own.

SleepingMonk

I'm kind of intrigued by those SleepingMonk but I wear size 16 mens, and I don't think they make them that big. At least not that I have found.

They're really great. I use them for climbing, hiking, kayaking, CrossFit and general wear.

If your foot is over 12.25 inches I don't think they will have anything that will fit you unfortunately.

anc33

I just got a pair of Five Fingers for running that I love. I have yet to wear them out and about though. In the parks I usually wear my flip flops. Those thinks were practically glued to my feet from birth so I have never had issues with tired or sore feet at the end of a long day.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Columbia hikers. They breathe well, and have great support. I wear an ankle-high version so they're not too heavy on my feet by the end of the day....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom