Random Liberty Square Updates (With a peek at Mr. Toad)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
PhotoDave219 said:
No.... no theyre not. Honest to god, when they say "popped" its pretty much self-explanitory.... the ride vehicle popped off... or something to that effect. Thats it in a nutshell....

Intuitive guess here:

It's probably something akin to the problems Journey into Imagination used to have. For anyone who doesn't recall - Journey's vehicles moved in a manner like the TTA, starting as a moving chain then seperating into smaller groups/trains that went through the ride. When they regrouped at the end, sometimes timing/speed was off, causing excess pressure on the track and vehicles, causing one to "pop" off the track.

Tracks, as solid as they can be, are still technically pliable. When pressure is exerted they'll begin to bow/bend/etc.. and so vehicles can then dislodge/derail. If the brakes are holding a vehicle at the front of a train and then force comes from the rear, the track bends slightly outward and the force is released by a vehicle popping up and out of the track. It's not like it goes flying off into space, it's usually just a few inches out of place, but those few inches of course are problematic.

Anyways, I assume something similiar happens at the Haunted Mansion, probably moreso when a vehicle comes in backwards (maybe it creates more friction/drag or something because of the orientation) and thus the downtime.

I could be wrong, but regardless it's just a mechanical glitch and not a serious problem.

ChrisH9339

I uncovered the epitaph on Mr. Toad's "headstone"...

Here lies Mr. Toad, resting in this spot...
He was replaced by Pooh, and his hunny pot.

jedimaster1227

mousermerf said:
Intuitive guess here:

It's probably something akin to the problems Journey into Imagination used to have. For anyone who doesn't recall - Journey's vehicles moved in a manner like the TTA, starting as a moving chain then seperating into smaller groups/trains that went through the ride. When they regrouped at the end, sometimes timing/speed was off, causing excess pressure on the track and vehicles, causing one to "pop" off the track.

Tracks, as solid as they can be, are still technically pliable. When pressure is exerted they'll begin to bow/bend/etc.. and so vehicles can then dislodge/derail. If the brakes are holding a vehicle at the front of a train and then force comes from the rear, the track bends slightly outward and the force is released by a vehicle popping up and out of the track. It's not like it goes flying off into space, it's usually just a few inches out of place, but those few inches of course are problematic.

Anyways, I assume something similiar happens at the Haunted Mansion, probably moreso when a vehicle comes in backwards (maybe it creates more friction/drag or something because of the orientation) and thus the downtime.

I could be wrong, but regardless it's just a mechanical glitch and not a serious problem.

Very very true...

BeckyLSawyer

jedimaster1227 said:
1001th, we have to remember that they just added the 1000th, you probably want to count the other's from Toad's Wild Ride, say then 1007th or 1008th...:veryconfu

Hmmm... Who would the 1000th be? I work there, and there's no 1000th Happy Haunt. I know that Disneyland did a big thing about selling a tombstone, but not WDW. We maintain the 999 Happy Haunts... And some Not-So-Happy Haunts. But they don't count.

Beck

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I thought it was an official Disney auction, thru eBay, to be the 1000th ghost. I also thought it was for WDW, but I may be wrong.

Captain Hank

HauntedPirate said:
I thought it was an official Disney auction, thru eBay, to be the 1000th ghost. I also thought it was for WDW, but I may be wrong.
Nope, I'm sure it was for Disneyland. They were auctioning off one of the gravestones in the graveyard. I forget who it went to, but the inscription was " [name], Doctor, Lawyer, Legal Clerk. Forever buried in his work." The proceeds went to Boys' and Girls' Clubs of America, if I remember correctly.

As such, there is no 1000th Happy Haunt at the WDW Haunted Mansion, yet. Of course, there's always my way! Mwaahahahahaha. :lol:

jedimaster1227

My way would to add Eric Idle as the 1000th UNHAPPY haunt, so that the Dreamfinder could be brought back from the grave, no pun intended. :lol:

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
mousermerf said:
...It's not like it goes flying off into space, it's usually just a few inches out of place, but those few inches of course are problematic...

I just thought the flying off into space thing was funny.l.. what if Mission: Space popped off into space...

I'm such a dork.:hammer: :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom