Ralph Attraction in the Parks...

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Now, I know their were probably several threads about Ralph being added as a Attraction in the parks. I wanted to revisit the subject and seriously ask the insiders or any one of the community members. Is this Ralph Attraction idea truly dead? With the second film in the franchise just released on digital (even better with multiple viewings) I’d really like to see it represented in the parks. I’m aware about the other thread and how the Ralph characters getting a spot in Imagination (to much of this community’s dismay) but I wanted to open up a thread about a more substantial actual attraction for Ralph. I don’t want the Attraction to be in imagination (I know I’m gonna get a lot of hate for this but I wouldn’t mind inside out taking that spot with figment still staying) but I’m sure Disney would find a better spot for them. Thoughts?

EDIT: I also vaguely remember someone saying that if the film did well imaginering had an idea?

HauntedMansionFLA

Now, I know their were probably several threads about Ralph being added as a Attraction in the parks. I wanted to revisit the subject and seriously ask the insiders or any one of the community members. Is this Ralph Attraction idea truly dead? With the second film in the franchise just released on digital (even better with multiple viewings) I’d really like to see it represented in the parks. I’m aware about the other thread and how the Ralph characters getting a spot in Imagination (to much of this community’s dismay) but I wanted to open up a thread about a more substantial actual attraction for Ralph. I don’t want the Attraction to be in imagination (I know I’m gonna get a lot of hate for this but I wouldn’t mind inside out taking that spot with figment still staying) but I’m sure Disney would find a better spot for them. Thoughts?

EDIT: I also vaguely remember someone saying that if the film did well imaginering had an idea?
There are two attractions over at Epcot regarding WIR.

Surferboy567

Original Poster
I mean, they still haven't found "permanent" ways to incorporate Moana and The Incredibles in the parks....

That’s a very good point about the incredibles...I did hear rumblings though that Moana’s presence was gonna happen but due to cost cuts never did...it would of been a volcano coaster in Adventureland. I’ve also heard that eventually incredibles or monsters is on the table from the studios this was a couple of months ago as reported on Disney Dish w Jim Hill. I feel that Ralph is “the new hotness” so I find it weird that with all that success and all the rumblings we’ve heard about that VR thing something hasn’t happened. Nothing at least that our insiders have said. Hopefully we can get a winky face from @marni1971 :)

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Frozen 2 is coming out this year. Was Wreck It Ralph 2 any good?

Just bought/watched on digital since Ralph is one of my favorite modern Disney movies I would say the sequel while not better comes close to the original. I throughly enjoyed it hence why I wanted substantial representation since the first movie (I’m looking at you Sugar Rush/Slaughter Race VR). Definitely give it a watch!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Both Ralph movies -- using the ballpark equation to figure out the profitability of a movie during its theatrical window -- barely broke even. They did each bring in half a billion, but they were also very expensive to make.

Which is fine for Disney. That meant all the aftermarket (merchandise, DVDs, Cable, Streaming, Broadcast, theme park leverage) is all (mostly) gravy. And considering the billion dollars in ticket sales, they can expect a hefty aftermarket.

Both Ralphs got fairly good reviews from critics and audience (the first doing slightly better).

This puts Ralph in the position of being fine to use in the theme parks if it fits. But, it doesn't mean there's any hair-on-fire running around trying to figure out how to immediately parkify him as there was and is for Frozen or Marvel.

Ralph & Vanellope show up in the special parades, HEA, a 'permanent' M&G spot, and a barely themed kiddie playground. I'm sure they'll show up in this Spring's DHS projection show highlighting Disney animation.

According to insiders Ralph was once considered as a Stitch replacement, but that's off the table. And a Sugar Rush overlay was considered for Speedway, but that's off the table. Ralph seems ready-made for Tomorrowland, especially complementing TRON. But, TL's problems are another story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom