Raising the Prices at Le Cellier

RealHawker

this place is not overrated - it was underpriced.
Cellier only really took off when the dining plan came out.

Its as simple as people on the dining plan, trying to get the most $ value out of the meals. Many people loved saying they got a $30 Filet Mignon with their 39.99 a day meal plan.

I am not knocking this - but people work the system. I bet if you put a $40 item on a non-signature dinner, people would flock to eat whatever it was the gave them so much bang for their dining credits.

I agree with the much earlier poster - supply and demand. The place was way too packed and crazy most times, even when the park was slow.

flavious27

I've always enjoyed Le Cellier and will continue to. The pricing doesn't seem that bad. I suspect the reason they went Signature was the pricing may have been artificially lower when they were non-Signature to remain competitive with other restaurants. Now they're Signature, adding a more extensive wine list and a broader menu sounds reasonable to me.

I have two dinners booked for my August trip and am thoroughly looking forward to it!

They kept the prices artificially lower for the last 10+ years? I think that they raised the prices because Le Cellier has been the most popular restaurant for EPCOT. With Le Cellier being a 2 TS point restaurant now, I think that there is going to be less people eating there.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
They kept the prices artificially lower for the last 10+ years? I think that they raised the prices because Le Cellier has been the most popular restaurant for EPCOT. With Le Cellier being a 2 TS point restaurant now, I think that there is going to be less people eating there.
My point was that before going Signature they couldn't increase prices otherwise people paying OOP would be upset that DDPers were getting a ridiculous deal. They can charge more now that DDPers have to burn two credits for the same meal.

Le Cellier has been hard to book because it's a steakhouse inside a park and has limited space. Limited supply [small venue] and high demand [people wanting to stay in the park and eat steak] equated to hard to get reservations. Some people equated that to the restaurant being "overrated", but while the food was a relatively good value for money, the food was really not the reason it was hard to get into.

DawnCt

My point was that before going Signature they couldn't increase prices otherwise people paying OOP would be upset that DDPers were getting a ridiculous deal. They can charge more now that DDPers have to burn two credits for the same meal.

Le Cellier has been hard to book because it's a steakhouse inside a park and has limited space. Limited supply [small venue] and high demand [people wanting to stay in the park and eat steak] equated to hard to get reservations. Some people equated that to the restaurant being "overrated", but while the food was a relatively good value for money, the food was really not the reason it was hard to get into.

Good point. I think if diners are expecting "prime" because they are advertising a better quality of beef, they will be disappointed. The Yachtsman Steak House used to offer prime when they first opened. They stopped that a couple of years later. I don't think they have yet brought it back.

flavious27

Until the menu starts offering a product that justifies a smith & wollensky price, people won't burn away 2 TS points.

With Le Cellier being the only steakhouse inside the parks, why does disney not build more steakhouses in other parks? It makes sense that there would be a steakhouse or chophouse in FL. New York Street in DHS could have a steakhouse built into it. A Korean Steakhouse could be built at DAK. If the demand is that high, the supply should be increased instead of the prices.

Disneydreamer23

As of not to long ago la ceiler is now 2 sit downs in stead of 1. I went in december and didnt know and i ran out and had to pay for sci fi in hollywood studios. but mmmmm pretzel bread!!

Phonedave

Until the menu starts offering a product that justifies a smith & wollensky price, people won't burn away 2 TS points.

With Le Cellier being the only steakhouse inside the parks, why does disney not build more steakhouses in other parks? It makes sense that there would be a steakhouse or chophouse in FL. New York Street in DHS could have a steakhouse built into it. A Korean Steakhouse could be built at DAK. If the demand is that high, the supply should be increased instead of the prices.

Not sure how that ties in thematically, but gastronomically it works for me.

I guess you are going that whole Asia angle with it?

-dave

lilclerk

As of not to long ago la ceiler is now 2 sit downs in stead of 1. I went in december and didnt know and i ran out and had to pay for sci fi in hollywood studios. but mmmmm pretzel bread!!
It just changed to two credits last week.
But I agree, I could go for some pretzel bread with cheddar cheese soup right now.

flavious27

Not sure how that ties in thematically, but gastronomically it works for me.

I guess you are going that whole Asia angle with it?

-dave

Yeah, asia gets an asian steakhouse. If they add south america, we can get a Brazilian steakhouse like fogo de chao.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Umm.... Le Cellier changed to Signature effective 1 March this year. :lookaroun

If you ran out of credits you either counted wrong or somebody in your party was sneaking out and eating extra meals while you weren't looking. :lol:

Disneydreamer23

Umm.... Le Cellier changed to Signature effective 1 March this year. :lookaroun

If you ran out of credits you either counted wrong or somebody in your party was sneaking out and eating extra meals while you weren't looking. :lol:

Well My fiance did sneak out once.. hmmm lol

chwilson88

Good point. I think if diners are expecting "prime" because they are advertising a better quality of beef, they will be disappointed. The Yachtsman Steak House used to offer prime when they first opened. They stopped that a couple of years later. I don't think they have yet brought it back.

You're right, Yachtsman had much more prime grade beef on the menu way back. Last year when I was there they had ONE selection of prime beef - the ny strip...and it wasn't very good. Shula's is the last place now that will serve a good selection of dry aged, prime beef at Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom