Raising the Prices at Le Cellier

EvilQueen-T

i don't mind it going to a signature/two credit venue but i had thought we'd see more changes to the menu and a menu that constantly evolves some of it's dishes. yes, i expect to always see the cheese soup and pretzel bread sticks but i hope parts of the menu change with the seasons etc...like other venues do.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
i don't mind it going to a signature/two credit venue but i had thought we'd see more changes to the menu and a menu that constantly evolves some of it's dishes. yes, i expect to always see the cheese soup and pretzel bread sticks but i hope parts of the menu change with the seasons etc...like other venues do.
I was under the impression the menu would be changing seasonally. :shrug:

flavious27

You're right, Yachtsman had much more prime grade beef on the menu way back. Last year when I was there they had ONE selection of prime beef - the ny strip...and it wasn't very good. Shula's is the last place now that will serve a good selection of dry aged, prime beef at Disney.

True, their menu is much more impressive than the disney restaurants.

ddbowdoin

Le Cellier is on the top of my sister and mine's list for our next trip. We will still be going because we never went before but these prices are ridiculous. $9 for soup? It's not even that big!

skip it... come home and eat at smith and wollenskys... its disney, its not the best food out there

epcotWSC

Glad I tried it two years ago. I decided to skip it this year, figured I'd rather try some places that I haven't tried yet.

It was good, but I don't think it was so good that it warranted a price hike.

elatino

No offense to the people who LOVE this place but it really isn't that good. I mean to me, signature dining means great food, beautiful setting and excellent service. This place strikes out for me. The environment is not nice, its dark and over crowded, I feel like I'm in a little log cabin, and now they have jacked up the prices. No thanks , give me California Grill or Artisans Point.

flavious27

No offense to the people who LOVE this place but it really isn't that good. I mean to me, signature dining means great food, beautiful setting and excellent service. This place strikes out for me. The environment is not nice, its dark and over crowded, I feel like I'm in a little log cabin, and now they have jacked up the prices. No thanks , give me California Grill or Artisans Point.

well le cellier is french for the cellar, it was modeled to look like a wine cellar.

chwilson88

Absolutely correct. Shula's never has used the dry aging process - all of their beef is wet aged:
http://store.donshula.com/FAQ.html
"What is the Custom Aging Process?
Aging is a process used to tenderize and develop flavor in steaks. Shula's uses the wet aging process over dry aging for increased tenderness and preferred flavor. With the advent of vacuum packaging along with increased efficiency in beef processing and transportation, wet aging avoids the inconsistencies and flavor differences that may be associated with the dry aging process. Shula's custom cuts are cut fresh, placed in Cryovac®, sealed and aged individually according to their specific cut. Shula's steaks are aged a minimum of 18 days with an average of 28 days to bring out the optimum flavor and tenderness for each steak. "

Not advocating one process over another - all I know is what I eat :). And I would highly recommend Shula's.

Sorry, used the wrong word there, I'm so used to saying dry-aged....as a matter of note, when I visited the Shula's in New Orleans a few months back, they actually had some dry-aged stuff on their menu, but maybe it wasn't the regular stock.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Is this the case for all signature restaurants? Oh, and what time does lunch operate through?
Only Le Cellier has the one credit v two set-up as far as I know. EDIT: The only other Signatures that even offer lunch are CRT and the Brown Derby, both are 2 credits for lunch, so Le Cellier is indeed the only venue that changes between lunch and dinner.

Hours:

Le Cellier Steakhouse
This intimate restaurant replicates a wine cellar and features prime rib, filet mignon and pan-seared seafood. Effective March 1, 2011, dinner at Le Cellier Steakhouse will be elevated to a Signature dining experience, offering an exciting new menu that will change seasonally and an expanded wine list.
Location:EpcotPrice:$$$ ($36 to $59.99 per person)*Cuisine:American and SteakhouseRating: 187 ReviewsLunch:11:30AM-3:00PM (Does Not Include Characters)Dinner:4:00PM-9:00PM (Does Not Include Characters)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom