Rainforest question?

GalacticGobbler

To me, the one at Animal Kingdom doesnt seem to be such a mob scene. Anyone who has been to the DTD location about 7:00pm knows what I am talking about. The throngs of people waiting outside.

Hint: You dont have to have a PS to sit at the bar.

Upvote 0

Bryy2001

We like the one at AK better, it is usually not near as crowded as the one in DTD and the AK Rainforest Cafe is noticably larger than the one in DTD.

Upvote 0

DisneyWonders07

We were going to eat at the DTD Rainforest Cafe a few nights ago but the wait time was an hour! We decided to go and eat at the House of Blues instead, I had a really tasty pizza:slurp:

Upvote 0

WigglyWiggins

I remember a the first time my dad and i went to disney in the early nineties we were sat on a virgin flight from gatwick to florida in a three next to a lady who we got talking to and she explained to us that she was going out to help set up a "rainforest cafe". At the time they were very new, i dont know if DTD was the first one or not, but it was definatley one of the first. She told us all about the concept and the thunderstorms and lo and behold a few yeatrs later when we returned, there was a big volcanic restaurant with a rather delicious menu. :slurp:

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by mightyduck
The Menlo Park mall in Edison, NJ, has one if you feel up to a road trip. Not worth the time to me, but hey. :)

Yeah...I go to that one every now and then and after you see one they are all the same. The only reason we go to the one in Disney is because we have the Club Card so we get in immediately which makes it a convienient and quick meal for us.

Upvote 0

mightyduck

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
Yeah...I go to that one every now and then and after you see one they are all the same. The only reason we go to the one in Disney is because we have the Club Card so we get in immediately which makes it a convienient and quick meal for us.

And there's that new themed place at Jersey Gardens that cost me a fortune for lunch for three, although the portions were huge...

The Rainforest at Menlo is cool if I'm there and they have seating available. I'm not going to sit there and wait for a table, though. Not with --what is it? the macaroni grill?--in the parking lot. :)

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by mightyduck
And there's that new themed place at Jersey Gardens that cost me a fortune for lunch for three, although the portions were huge...

The Rainforest at Menlo is cool if I'm there and they have seating available. I'm not going to sit there and wait for a table, though. Not with --what is it? the macaroni grill?--in the parking lot. :)

I haven't been to Jersey Gardens in a while but I remember them building another restaurant in the Rainforests former location. What is it?

Upvote 0

Katherine

I would just take a quick peek(say you need to use the restroom or something) it's really neat inside in my opinion. The food isn't great but the theming I really like.

Upvote 0

EmeraldDolphin

for me... I would say that with all the restaurants to choose from at WDW, Rainforest Cafe is not a must see... well, you could always check out the retail store... then not eat there...

I do go to the one near us in our local mall occasionally... (in West Farms Mall in CT)
... actually we were just at Kahunaville in Holyoke, MA last week. We go there every time we go to Holyoke mall... which is like 1x a year... Kahunaville is very similar to Rainforest Cafe... only the Kahunaville in Holyoke doesn't have the retail store like Rainforest... it has an arcade instead...

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by GalacticGobbler
To me, the one at Animal Kingdom doesnt seem to be such a mob scene. Anyone who has been to the DTD location about 7:00pm knows what I am talking about. The throngs of people waiting outside.

Hint: You dont have to have a PS to sit at the bar.

Plus, Ak is closed by that time so people will have already left the area and probably gone to DTD

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom