Rain ponchos

DisAl

All of our trips for the last 25 years have involved either a wheelchair or a stroller, and sometimes both. Another great use for the cheap throwaway ponchos is for covering wheelchairs or strollers while you are in an attraction to keep them dry.

MickeyCB

I agree with @BoarderPhreak . We buy the amazon ones with a drawstring hood and sleeves with elastic in them. Are AMAZING in serious rain. We were at AK last December. It was raining so hard I felt like I was standing in a shower with plastic on! I put a ballcap on under the hood to keep the rainwater off of my face and was good to go. Or, you could be like this lady and try this...
IMG_9743.JPG

stratman50th

We still have our yellow ones from 30 years ago also so they have held up pretty well.
As far as weather next week, we're in for a cold snap so try and bring clothes to layer.
Screenshot_2020-01-18-09-04-12.png

daisyduckie

I tried using dollar store ponchos one trip and ended up buying Disney ones. The dollar store ones are only good for a very light rain. A heavy downpour or an all day rain? You need better ponchos.

DimpledDevil18

They definitely aren't inexpensive and although we are aware that you can get cheaper, we usually take a gamble and wind up buying the Disney Park ones if we need them on the trip. Since we go in Aug we always wind up needing them at some point. They make a nice souvenir and they are a better quality than the cheap dollar store ones that are the quality of a thin garbage bag.

Jedi Stitch

Yes they do sell them. They are worth it, if you planned out your trip, brought ponchos for your wife and daughter, but forgot to pack yours, then you get a souvenir ;) one.

Djsfantasi

I’m all for the Dollar Store ones. Three years ago, I bought one for each day of my trip. Since then, I’ve gone to Disney twice a year for five days each... and used one poncho. I must be lucky (Jan & June)

Lilofan

I’m all for the Dollar Store ones. Three years ago, I bought one for each day of my trip. Since then, I’ve gone to Disney twice a year for five days each... and used one poncho. I must be lucky (Jan & June)
If someone wants to earn some quick cash, one can buy a bunch of ponchos from the Dollar Store and sell each for $5. Likely there will be takers that don't want to get wet.😉

Last edited:

DisAl

Wait, there’s a wind chill in Florida?🤣

Of course they have wind chill in Florida. I have seen some days in July or August where the wind chill was as low as 85 to 90 degrees! ;)
And then there was our trip in January 2014 when the actual temp one morning was 38 degrees. :eek:

Lilofan

Of course they have wind chill in Florida. I have seen some days in July or August where the wind chill was as low as 85 to 90 degrees! ;)
And then there was our trip in January 2014 when the actual temp one morning was 38 degrees. :eek:
And I had to scrape my frosty windshield one cold morning on vacation with my debit card.

Mander

In the Parks
No
We purchased Disney ponchos in 2015 (had to make it from Imagination to the Japan pavilion for a dining res in the middle of a downpour) and they lasted us until this fall (over multiple, week long trips). I'd say they're well worth their price!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom