Rain on my trip...

Respo12

Original Poster
Hey everyone, I just checked weather.com and its saying I am going to have scattered showers, and thunderstorms just about everyday next week 11/11-11/15 on my trip. should i be worried? could this change? i thought november was never rainy in orlando?

DisneyJoe

It also says the Precip Chance is between 30% and 60%.

This USUALLY means that you are probably going to get a brief (30-60 minute) shower in the afternoon - if that.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Just keep in mind you may have to pack for a few showers, but that the forecast in Florida changes by the minute. You may just have really overcast skies. It's a toss up! Either way, plan accordingly and don't worry. You'll be in WDW! Even with rain, it's still amazing.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Just keep a poncho with you, extra pair of shoes (in case the one pair gets wet) and enjoy! It's not a proper Florida vacation if you don't get caught in at least one deluge. Also know that Florida rain potential is often very hit and miss. Chances are you will only have brief interruptions (if any).

EPCOT.nut

Hey everyone, I just checked weather.com and its saying I am going to have scattered showers, and thunderstorms just about everyday next week 11/11-11/15 on my trip. should i be worried? could this change? i thought november was never rainy in orlando?

There isn't one month in Florida where we don't get rain. It rains frequently and often here. The nice thing about November is that you won't get torrential rains.

Then again we aren't supposed to get many of them in October, either....and look at what happened 10-1-2007.

:lol::lol::lol:

:lookaroun:lookaroun:lookaroun

If it does rain, it won't be a biggie. Enjoy your vacation. ;)

Jaytrod

No worries

I dont think you really have to worry much.. I've lived in Florida my whole life and it rarely rains in November. If it does it will be very brief. I am going 11-13/11-16 and I've gone around that same time for the last 3 or 4 years and have never had a problem with rain. Nov-March are your safest bets to stay dry (including dry from sweat :D) so you should have a blast.

Preacher Gravy

I was there this past October (6 - 12), it rained pretty much every day. But we remembered to pack our disposable ponchos, and just went with the flow. The only hard part was trying to wait for a parade or fireworks in the rain, luckily it would always let up right before they started though. Enjoy!

Philo

Yep, only water and if it rains the parks will be much quieter!!! To me, it's never a nice idea to be outside when it's raining but after a couple of minutes you get used to it and it stops bothering you.

Like others have said, just make sure you have clothes so your comfortable in the rain. My plan was to just get soaked and then back to the hotel to change if necessary.

Jaytrod

SplashMountain05GetWetSign.jpg

:D

rsoxguy

GENERALLY SPEAKING, a rain chance in November means that there is a chance of rain falling where you stand for a very short period of time. Bear in mind that the hurricane season does not officially end until November 30th, and so there is always a chance of some tropical weather (stronger thunderstorms as opposed to a rain shower). Still, I do not believe that you have much to worry about regarding the rain ruining your trip.

rbalaka

A 30-60% chance of rain could be a good thing by keeping some people away from the park on that day. I would take a 30-60 min rain, if it helped to keep the crowd down for that day. 80-100% is a different story :animwink:

WDW 3

Forcast

The forcast is going to change everyday until you go!
Just got back, were there from 10/27 - 26 and only had 1/2 day of light rain. Rained one night to but we were done at the park and hot tubbed in the rain. Glorious:)

Tinkerbella16

We will be there Nov. 9-15th, and I just checked the weather for the week. It only says scattered Thunderstorms weds and thurs... So that probably means nothing. It barely rains in november so I wouldn't be worried at all. The last two years I've gone at the same time and the weather was gorgeous!!

:D

Jaytrod

Tropical Storm Paloma

Well unfortunately on weather.com there appears to be a tropical storm in the western Caribbean sea and it's moving North/North East.. Of course heading towards Mickey :(.. It doesn't look like it will make a direct hit at all, but there will most likely be some scattered storms and it may be a bit windy. Look on the bright side, it should lighten up the crowds a bit :).. And you are not alone, I will be getting wet with ya hehe.

Respo12

Original Poster
no thats terrible news. yesterday it said rain, then this morning it said beautiful weather, and only rain on thurs, and now theres a tropical storm???? whats goin on

EPCOT.nut

no thats terrible news. yesterday it said rain, then this morning it said beautiful weather, and only rain on thurs, and now theres a tropical storm???? whats goin on

That's kind of how Florida is...... we never know what it is going to be like. :eek:

Jaytrod

Well its a hurricane now ,but it looks like its going to go more east than north so it shouldnt be too bad.. maybe just some little storms and wind that shoot off the main storm.. I live in south florida and on the news they are saying good news for us. And good news for us is good news for orlando. :sohappy: Just keep an eye on it to make sure it stays the same.. Ill post any major updates

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom