Rain: Do you poncho, rain jacket, or umbrella?

dreamfinder

Rain jackets. They also serve as a light jacket. One less thing to pack. Why carry both a poncho and a coat? Not to mention infinitely more reusable. Are you really going to break out that poncho to go to the mall back home? Nope, it's gonna be the rain jacket. And the disposable ones? Why bother. First off they are terrible for the environment. Second off, every says they just toss em once they take them off. So what if it rains twice in one day? And you already threw out the poncho? Doesn't make sense to me.

DisneyDebNJ

Pocket size umbrella for me. I hate ponchos, and especially being on a ride with people in ponchos LOL
See, I'm with Steve .... but I have to admit, I don't do ponchos, umbrellas or a jacket, I just run like heck to the nearest shelter LOL. Hey I figure if I'm going to eat myself into oblivion, the extra excersize can't hurt :p

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
See, I'm with Steve .... but I have to admit, I don't do ponchos, umbrellas or a jacket, I just run like heck to the nearest shelter LOL. Hey I figure if I'm going to eat myself into oblivion, the extra excersize can't hurt :p
LOL that works too! I have to have something though, as I almost have some kind of electronic that wouldn't be happy getting wet.

plaz10

I used to be all poncho - buy 'em cheap at home and bring them with me. But then we found these rain jackets on sale at gander mountain...they roll up into a small bag. And they're pretty lightweight and comfortable. We take these jackets now...because sometimes I'm cold in the mornings or in a restaurant and if it rains - well duh, I'm prepared! So it really works in different situations for me because I'm cold all the time. Haha.

DisneyDebNJ

LOL...DH gives me all his electronics to put in my purse and now line my purse with a zippie.
See????? This is a universal practice of DH's around the globe!! Sans the poncho, just make sure DW's have a large purse or a large Disney tote!! Problem ........... problem solved LOL

disney magic 06

See????? This is a universal practice of DH's around the globe!! Sans the poncho, just make sure DW's have a large purse or a large Disney tote!! Problem ........... problem solved LOL

In fact how many men (other than those with babies in tow) do you see around WDW with bags, rainproof or otherwise? They stroll along, breeze through the 'no bags' channel while their ladies battle through the bag search queues, and sit serenely back while we try to stow our bags on rides.

DisneyDebNJ

In fact how many men (other than those with babies in tow) do you see around WDW with bags, rainproof or otherwise? They stroll along, breeze through the 'no bags' channel while their ladies battle through the bag search queues, and sit serenely back while we try to stow our bags on rides.
I know, right??!?!! Plus, I have to be perfectly honest, I have to agree with Steve, standing in line for a ride, or ON a ride, and someone around me has a poncho on .... when they decide to *shake off* the droplets of rain, I seem to always be in the way, kinda like when my dog gets out of the pool, and shakes... no disrespect meant, but it seems to always flow in my direction LOL

crosswagon

Ponchos or umbrellas dont' take protect the shoes and socks! Nothing worse than squishing around at the parks. We have been lucky over the years and have not experienced the wet side of the Florida weather very often but the last was a doozy and nothing was safe except those things in the ziplocs. My husband actually took all our shoes and turned them upside down on the air conditioning units outside the laundry room at POP and dried them perfectly. Nothing worse than stinking sneakers when they have been wet and have not had time to dry properly before wearing again.

WDW 3

Do what my DH does, give your DW all of your electronics and have her stash them in her purse! LOL

My DH is on his own. I only carry a small cross body swingpack that'll only fit MY phone, camera, wallet, pen & ibuprophen (and of course the mini disposable poncho if rain is in the forcast).:)

flynnibus

Premium Member
Ponchos or umbrellas dont' take protect the shoes and socks! Nothing worse than squishing around at the parks. We have been lucky over the years and have not experienced the wet side of the Florida weather very often but the last was a doozy and nothing was safe except those things in the ziplocs. My husband actually took all our shoes and turned them upside down on the air conditioning units outside the laundry room at POP and dried them perfectly. Nothing worse than stinking sneakers when they have been wet and have not had time to dry properly before wearing again.

Just bring flip flops for when you go into soak zones :)

SAV

The cheap Wal-Mart 88 cent ponchos for us.

And if you wear sandals to the parks, you don't have to worry about wet stinky sneakers.

Funfy

Thats one thing I do make sure of, some kind of waterproof bag (eg ziplock) for phone, camera etc.
My husband and son just returned on canoing trip on the boundary waters in Canada. I found these locking waterproof boxes at Walmart in the camping section that holds cell phone and passport-although they had the new card ones, credit card and DL. They were less than $6.00 each Much cheaper than Otter boxes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom