Rain: Do you poncho, rain jacket, or umbrella?

Dwarful

We usually take ponchos only on days when it looks to be all day long rain. Not going to carry around 5 ponchos (although we still have the yellow ones and haul them down every trip)for the usual daily shower. We either break then or just keep going, its only water.

For those who bring in the big golf umbrellas...what do you do with them all day when its not raining? I never notice people hauling them around, yet this last trip as soon as it started to storm they were everywhere.

WDW 3

Cheap disposable ponchos that we toss when done with them. We were caught in a pretty heavy rain our first trip and bought the Disney ponchos but having to haul them around, dry, fold and drag home because we paid so much wasn't worth it. We only carry them when there's a significant chance of rain. We travel really light. if you can't carry it on your person, in your pockets or a very small cross body we don't bring it.

midwest_mice

BEST TIP: Go to the Dollar Tree and buy 2 ponchos for a $1. I usually take a few sets with me and if there's a chance of rain, I throw two of the folded up pouches in my cargo shorts and am ready to go

Nemo14

Cheap disposable ponchos that we toss when done with them. We were caught in a pretty heavy rain our first trip and bought the Disney ponchos but having to haul them around, dry, fold and drag home because we paid so much wasn't worth it. We only carry them when there's a significant chance of rain. We travel really light. if you can't carry it on your person, in your pockets or a very small cross body we don't bring it.

BEST TIP: Go to the Dollar Tree and buy 2 ponchos for a $1. I usually take a few sets with me and if there's a chance of rain, I throw two of the folded up pouches in my cargo shorts and am ready to go

That's what we do! Who wants to carry around a wet plastic poncho after that? We just toss them out when the sun comes out.

Jedeye80

We don't do anything, on our trip in August 08 in seemed to rain every day so we just decided to grin n bear it. It was too warm to put a poncho or jacket on and a umbrella is no good for the rain bouncing up at you.

tare

We poncho it!!! We have never been asked to take them off for rides--in fact we bring cheap one with for splash mountain when we go in December--I hate walking around with a wet butt and head when the weather is a little chilly!!

MissM

I HATE PONCHOS! :mad: First off, who wants to walk around in a glorified trash bag? Second, they're ugly and HOT (seriously, you're coating yourself in plastic; only people trying to sweat out weight wear plastic bags.) And third, people in ponchos always (A) bump into you getting you wet and (B) sit down on rides with their wet, plastic-covered butts, soaking the seats for the next person. Gee, thanks a lot. I'm so happy to sit in your puddle. :rolleyes:

Umbrella ALL the way. Besides, you can't snuggle together with a poncho, but you certainly can cuddle under an umbrella! Makes for a MUCH more enjoyable weathering of the storm. A small one easily fits in a bag/stroller/backpack.

maryszhi

however, i also suggest that you bring your own poncho if that is your choice so you don't have to wait in line, spend the money for one, or have to have the hassle of finding your party because everyone seems to have the same poncho lol.

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
I just carry a small folding umbrella when it's raining. What the Heck rides make you take off ponchos?

when i was there the 1st week of june this year they made us take them off on sorin, mission space, space mountain, rockin roller coaster, and tower of terror that i specifically remember. it's why i ask because it seemed like i got more wet taking it on and off and it was such a hassle compared to if i'd just gotten wet.

copcarguyp71

We go to Dollar plus and pack our own ponchos every trip...they also sell cheap ones at Walmart. No way would we pay TDO prices for them though!

HouCuseChickie

We're a combo...DH and I have ponchos. Mine is one where you can snap it so that it has sleeves to eliminate the poncho vs rain coat issue. DH on the other hand prefers his golf umbrella. Our girls are a mess in ponchos, so they're rain jackets.

Jane Whalebones

Was there 3 weeks ago and it rained due to Debby. Ponchos are the way to go!!! 2 days of being in the rain and didnt get wet at all! Best 8 bucks I ever spent. :)

acishere

If its going to rain all day I take an umbrella. I hate wearing ponchos, I'd rather be wet than hot and sticky.

If its just the daily afternoon shower I hide under cover in a shop or rush to a ride with a covered queue. I"m not lugging an umbrella or poncho around all day when the rain is probably only going to last 10 minutes.

disney magic 06

Ponchos. No umbrellas for us if it can be helped. Florida has more lightning and lightning strikes than any other state. :eek:

That has always been my concern too, I'm amazed at how many people do carry umbrellas.
We don't go in the rainy season nowadays so if we do get a shower we just tough it out in the rain, it soon dries. And I normally wear flip flops or sandals, I really don't like wet shoes and socks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom