Ragland Road ???

Cinderella1976

Original Poster
Hi Everyone! We were trying to decide on a place to eat @ Downtown Disney for our next trip and wanted to know your opinions on Ragland Road? I know nothing about this place but I've seen it mentioned on the boards before. Is it okay for children? How is the food / atmosphere? Also, do they accept the dining plan and do you need reservations? Thanks guys :wave:

aeillill

My Mother and I ate there this past October and it was the worst restaurant we ate at the entire 11 days we were at WDW. The atmosphere is wonderful, we had kind of an early reservation so we missed the entertainment later on in the evening. Our waitress however was not interested at all, we had to track her down ourselves to get anything we needed. The food was a let down, my mother had the bacon and it was dry and I know there were other reasons why she hated it, she had maybe 1/4 of it. I had the Risotto and it had the oddest taste, I couldn't finish it, I also only had about 1/4 of it. When we voiced our complaints to the waitress we basically just got a "So what?" from her. We assume she wasn't that interested in our table since we were on the dining plan maybe? I saw her spend plenty of time with another table that wasn't on the dining plan, I assume she wanted to secure her tip from that table.

A member of management was making the rounds and he stopped by the table and when we told him our complaints he was nice enough. He said he was sorry and then offered us a free dessert, which we had to refuse since we were on the dining plan. We did however have drinks he could have offered for free, but didn't. Then when we were done and paid the waitress chased me out of the building and half way across Downtown Disney because she didn't give me all of the receipts and we didn't pay our bill for the 2 drinks we had.

So overall, we had an awful time, and I would never recommend it again to anybody. The only other place I've ever eaten at at DTD was the Rainforest Cafe with my Marching Band, so unfortunately I can't recommend anyplace instead unfortunately.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Hi Everyone! We were trying to decide on a place to eat @ Downtown Disney for our next trip and wanted to know your opinions on Ragland Road? I know nothing about this place but I've seen it mentioned on the boards before. Is it okay for children? How is the food / atmosphere? Also, do they accept the dining plan and do you need reservations? Thanks guys :wave:

Excellent food! DS11 enjoyed it, but I wouldn't call it "children-oriented". It's a pub. That said, children aren't out of place there for dinner. They accept the Dining Plan and you can make ADRs no problem.

I would describe the food as 'upper-crust pub fare', better than your corner pub for selection and quality and slightly more expensive [it is Disney :shrug:] but a very good meal. The noise level is fairly high, so casual conversation is difficult, but not impossible. Once the band starts playing it gets louder...

We had an excellent server who made some excellent suggestions to various members of my party and complimented me on each of my selections [she later explained it was because everything I ordered had booze in it in some form or other and she liked my thinking :lol:]. She was also a particularly beautiful young lady [how weird is it when your ex-MIL is suggesting you should date the waitress :p, and with your son sitting at the table! :ROFLOL:].

I loved it and recommend it highly!

EDIT: And obviously others weren't as impressed! :rolleyes: :lol:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Best place at DTD and third only to Le Cellier and Teppenyaki (sp??).

The food is different. I took me a couple of times to get used to it. I love the Pint of Prawns with bisque and the Bread Pudding is not just to die for, its to kill for, pillage for, ramsack for, steal for, and maybe renounce your citizinship for.

Be sure and ask for the Irish Soda bread. Its not an automatic, but if you ask, its generally complimentary.

On weekends (for sure) after about 9pm, they have an irish dancer that comes out periodically and dances on the table in the middle of the main dining area.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I LOVE Raglan Rd. I ate there 2x on my last trip. Raglan Road and HOB are tied for my favorite DTD Restaurant, if HOB was on DDP I'd eat at both!!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Well, maybe it was just me & my mother who hand an awful experience! :shrug:
Any restaurant can have a bad night...

If you have a chance, give it another try. Who knows maybe you'll be raving about it then. :D

aeillill

Any restaurant can have a bad night...

If you have a chance, give it another try. Who knows maybe you'll be raving about it then. :D

I agree that any place can have a bad night. Unfortunately though this was that bad of an experience that I don't think either of us will ever be willing to go there again. Which is really sad because I think that this was the one restaurant that my mother really wanted to go to. Thankfully all of the other restaurants we went to on that trip were really good so it wasn't as disappointing of an event as it could have been.

tigger1968

We loved the food and the atmosphere. We also had great service. Ate the best fish and chips of my life there. The band totally rocked....but then again, I love Celtic / Irish music....:ROFLOL:

With regard to the terrible experience you had aeillill, my DW and I are both in retail/restaurant jobs, and all I can say is that if the service is that bad, put your foot down. Most managers will make an effort, but free dessert is pretty standard. Many locations won't comp alcoholic drinks. If you feel you aren't being accomodated, tell them. The big problem with restaurants in WDW is just what you saw....you aren't a local, and you're eating for free in the mind of the server (DDP) so why should she work hard for you? Yelling and screaming ( the typical response we get from unhappy customers ) doesn't help, it only tends to make a manager defensive. I don't know all the particulars of your situation, and I'm not trying to lecture you about it by any means. I can honestly tell you that I would have been demanding to see the GM before it was over, and would be asking him to comp my entire meal.

Having said all of that....I hope you reconsider and give the place another chance. I found it to be one of the best overall dining experiences of our last trip.

CAPTAIN HOOK

We ate there 3 or 4 times during our 3 week visit last August. Apart from it being a bit pricey its a great place. Highly recommend it :slurp:

k.hunter30

When I made reservations over the phone I was told that they have the Irish dancer and the band throughout the afternoon and evening (we made reservations for a Thursday, I believe). Is this true? Our reservations are for 5 p.m. and I want to make sure I get the full experience...

Never been there before, but after reading the review in Unofficial Guide and seeing some comments on here I thought I'd have to give it a try. I LOVE fish 'n chips!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
When I made reservations over the phone I was told that they have the Irish dancer and the band throughout the afternoon and evening (we made reservations for a Thursday, I believe). Is this true? Our reservations are for 5 p.m. and I want to make sure I get the full experience...

Never been there before, but after reading the review in Unofficial Guide and seeing some comments on here I thought I'd have to give it a try. I LOVE fish 'n chips!

I dont think that the actual Irish band starts until after 9pm, it may be 7pm, but Im pretty sure there is nothing going on band or dance wise at 5. Again....I could be wrong....the person to ask would be WDWScottieboy.

k.hunter30

I dont think that the actual Irish band starts until after 9pm, it may be 7pm, but Im pretty sure there is nothing going on band or dance wise at 5. Again....I could be wrong....the person to ask would be WDWScottieboy.
That's what i was afraid of. The WDW employee I talked to on the phone wasn't very friendly or helpful... Maybe I should call back...?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
That's what i was afraid of. The WDW employee I talked to on the phone wasn't very friendly or helpful... Maybe I should call back...?

I would call Raglan direct. This is the number on their website

407 938 0300

Some FAQs from their website

Raglan Road FAQs said:
Yes, the Pub came from Ireland. The Bars are 130 years old. Much like we feel at 2am.

No, we stand corrected. The restrooms did come from Wisconsin. (Go Wisconsin!)

Yes, it is owned by some Irish guys. Their Bank Manager is delighted to see you here.

No, our Servers will not try an Irish dance – we tried them out and it was just ugly…

Yes, our food is different. Its what we eat in Ireland today (5 hours ago actually)

No, we don't cook anything from frozen or anything that's not fresh.

Yes, Irish cuisine has indeed come on a bit. Fancy that…

No, we don't know how Chef Kevin keeps his hair so sculpted.

Yes, he has cooked for Queen Elizabeth and U2.

No, he won't accept low quality ingredients (see line 3 above)

Yes, the "buy our Chef's book" sales pitch below is a little bit tacky. We're sorry.

No, we don't serve half pints. Its grounds for imprisonment back home in Ireland.

Yes, our house Band plays 6 nights a week. Talented too but don't tell them.

No, they don't have CD out yet. But we live in hope…

Yes, our Irish Dancer is pretty and she did dance with Michael Flatley

No, she is not on the dating market. (The line starts here…)

Yes, you can dance if the urge takes hold of you.

No, thanks but we'd rather not watch. Delicate tummies you know…

Yes, our little shop is quite pretty with fancy clobber and gifts. Thanks.

No, you can't take the bronze statue (outside) home with you.

Yes, our Fish'n'Chip store beside the Pub serves fresh fish flown daily from Boston.

No, we're not crazy. Its worth the effort. And the fish get air miles.

lentesta

Premium Member

Thanks for reading the book. The "Think Riverdance, not Motley Crue video" line from the review was mine. I crack myself up.

Len

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom