Raglan Road - any oppinions on it?

mrtoad

Original Poster
Has anyone eaten at Raglan Road for dinner and what were the thoughts. We were not planning on going down to DTD durring our next trip but if this has good reviews we might do it. Also, it is listed as being on Pleasure Island but has a kids menu. Is is suitable to go down there with a child at night?

Thanks,
Mike

Lanipie

Raglan Road is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

it's the first place we're eating when we get there.

The food is to die for the and the atmosphere is great. It's at Pleasure island but it is fine for kids.

Hang on I have some pix and info..........

320Tonsil20Tickler20Outdoor20bar20a.jpg

120Raglan20Road20Exterior.jpg

Starters Solo

Drunk Chicken - a whiskey glazed chicken kebab served with lime cilantro dipping sauce $6.95

Goats Town - Herb-crusted grilled Irish goat's cheese salad served with fruit compote $8.95

Crab me Silly - Crabmeat, potato, scallions, cream and Dubliner Cheese, encased in a puff pastry $11.95

Starters for Sharing (for two people)

Crock o' Pate - rustic chicken liver pate served with an apricot chutney $8.95

Dalkey Duo - Dalkey-battered cocktail sausages with a Dalkey mustard dipping sauce $9.95

Smokie City - Oven-baked layers of smoked cod with mature Wexford cheddar and double cream, served with crusty bread. $10.95

Pint of Prawns - served with Marie Rose Sauce and a spicy cocktail sauce $11.95

Salmon Forest - forks of Irish smoked salmon and cream cheese served with bilinis $12.95

Scallop Forest - forks of scallops served with a lime dipping sauce $12.95

Heaven on Earth - baby back ribs in a Guinness and honey glace. $12.95

Soups

Colpucinno - frothy Colcannon soup, a creamy potato, bacon and cabbage soup $6.00

Down the Middle - a hearty Irish tomato and vegetable broth $5.50

Main Courses

Crock o' Mussels - fresh Blue Hill Bay mussels served in a saffron and leek broth $12.95

Tricolor Salad - warm BBQ chicken breast with honey cilantro dressed baby romaine lettuce $12.95

Raglan Risotto - Shiitake mushrooms, leeks, onions, parmesan cheese, cream and a drop of white wine for good measure $14.95

Pie in the Sky - chicken and wild mushroom pie served with a rocket lettuce salad $15.95

Keen Eye for the Sheperds Pie - We give the traditional Shepherd's Pie a much-needed makeover with our contemporary twist to this favorite dish $15.95

Big Bang's Bangers - Homemade gourmet Irish sausages served over onion and mashed potatoes, then topped with a red wine onion reduction $16.95

Sod... The Stew - It's beef stew infused with a hint of Guinness. $16.95

Serious Sirloin Steak - topped with Irish whiskey marinade, served with mashed potatoes and topped with crispy fried onion strings $22.95

Planxty - roast pork hock served on mashed potato with apple chutney. $19.95

Kevin's Kudos - Chef Kevin's signature dish. Oven-roasted loin of bacon with an Irish Mist glaze served with braised cabbage and creamed potato $19.95

Rag-Lamb Shank - delicate lamb shank served on an Irish stew consomme. $21.95

One & One - beer-battered fish and chips served with fresh tartar sauce $15.95

It's Not Bleedin' Chowder - mussels, prawns, scallops and fresh seafood infused with saffron in white wine and finished with cream with fresh potato $19.95

Salmon of Knowledge - fresh salmon fillet topped with smoked salmon, baked and served with a maple glaze. $21.95

Sides $3.95

Colcannon
vegetable medley
buttered asparagus
homemade chips
braised cabbage
crispy onions

Desserts

Ger's Bread & Butter Pudding - $7.99

Bates Bangher Banoffi Beauty - caramel base, add banana with special secret sauce, top it off with fresh cream. $6.99

Jaffa-lorious Chocolate Fondant - melted chocolate encased in a souffle. $7.99

Dunbrody Kiss - $8.99

Marie's Strawberry and Apple Crumble $7.99

Baileys Coffee Cream Pot - Think tiramisu with an Irish twist $6.99

mrtoad

Original Poster
Thanks both, I am hoping to convince my wife to head down to it. I love Irish pubs and have none by us. The Bangers & Mash with a nice hard cider (or 3) will be my most likely choice.

Thanks,
Mike

lawyergirl77

We absolutely LOVED Raglan Road! It is now a MUST do for us on every trip - an awesome balance of yummy food and excellent atmosphere. Make sure you make your ressies for later at night, if you can - the band starts playing at 8:00ish. (Our ressies were for 8:00).

Here are some pics of the food we had:

Dalkey Duo - breaded and fried cocktail sausages!!! (totally healthy... really...*cough*)
DSCN2463.jpg

DH's meal - Serious Sirloin Steak. He gave me a bite of the potatoes, but refused to share the steak!!!
DSCN2464.jpg

My meal - Keen Eye for the Shepherd's Pie. HUGE - the pics don't do it justice! I couldn't finish it...
DSCN2465.jpg

Raspberry Riot. New on the menu - the big blob in the middle is vanilla ice cream and it's drizzled in white chocolate. No. Not kidding. *drool*
DSCN2467.jpg

Okay, and this was my dessert - Ger's bread and butter pudding.
OH. MY. GOD. That's all I can say. Doesn't look like much, but I was practically in tears about the fact that I couldn't finish it.
DSCN2469.jpg

And, the pièce de résistance: A cup of coffee that DOESN'T taste like swamp water!!!! :lol:
DSCN2466.jpg

liquid toez

Hmm nice food pics

Those food pics make my stomach growl

I never ate at Raglan Road but I have had a pint or two of Guinness at their outside bar - its a great place to just have a cold one and watch people stroll by.:slurp:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Raglan Road is our favorite eatery now when we go to WDW. We are planning on eating there at minimum twice on our next thrip. The food is really good, the atmosphere is awesome and the authentic live music ( and dancing) every night makes it worth the visit. The bars in the establishment are authentic and are were constructed in Ireland. The Pint of Prawns, Fish and Chips and Bread Pudding are my favorite items.

Its a must do!!!

shoppingnut

The food and atmosphere are good here. It's a nice place and I wouldn't worry about bringing the kids here. When the music starts, they also have a step dancer that comes out every so often.

gatordoc

The Dalkey Duo is ridiculously bad for you (trust me, I'm a doctor :animwink:), but oh my are they yummy :slurp: (and you are on vacation, after all)!

Most of the food is very good. Excellent beer choices as well, along with very good and friendly service.

KKnopf

YUM!!!! I think I will add this to my dining list, I had heard people at work talk about the "Keen Eye for the Shepherd's Pie" Boy does it look good.

THANKS for the pics.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
YUM!!!! I think I will add this to my dining list, I had heard people at work talk about the "Keen Eye for the Shepherd's Pie" Boy does it look good.

THANKS for the pics.

I have had the "KESP" before, and although good, I prefer the English variety better (Rose and Crown Pub).

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We absolutely LOVED Raglan Road! It is now a MUST do for us on every trip - an awesome balance of yummy food and excellent atmosphere. Make sure you make your ressies for later at night, if you can - the band starts playing at 8:00ish. (Our ressies were for 8:00).

Here are some pics of the food we had:

Okay, and this was my dessert - Ger's bread and butter pudding.
OH. MY. GOD. That's all I can say. Doesn't look like much, but I was practically in tears about the fact that I couldn't finish it.
DSCN2469.jpg

This, in my honest, humble, and aged opinion, might very well be the best desert on the planet!:slurp:

mrtoad

Original Poster
Thanks all. I talked my wife into it. We are definitely going to eat there. I can't wait. My mother is coming with us and was born in Ireland so that should not be a problem for her either. :)

Thanks again.

Tiggerfanatic

Glad I found this post - we have ADR's for Tony's for lunch our first day (we'll be arriving around noon), and had planned on spending that first evening Downtown. Were kicking around either Raglan Road or Planet Hollywood for dinner; after reading and seeing the pictures, our minds are pretty much made up. I'll be calling for ressies tomorrow. We can always do a Plant Hollywood later.....

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Glad I found this post - we have ADR's for Tony's for lunch our first day (we'll be arriving around noon), and had planned on spending that first evening Downtown. Were kicking around either Raglan Road or Planet Hollywood for dinner; after reading and seeing the pictures, our minds are pretty much made up. I'll be calling for ressies tomorrow. We can always do a Plant Hollywood later.....

To my knowledge, Raglan Road is a Downtown Disney exclusive. I dont think you will find any others stateside. You have made a wise and destinguished choice.
:lol:

WDWScottieBoy

BEST. RESTAURANT. EVER.

I LOVE this place, it's my absolute favorite restaurant. The prices aren't bad at all for what the food quality is and the atmosphere.

I was there two or three times before it opened to the public, and try to go back at least once a week. The menu has changed several times already, but it's still got a good mix.

Tiggerfanatic

Has anyone eaten here recently? I was getting ready to call for ADR's for November, and wanted to check and see if they were included in the Dining Plan. If you go to the DP listing on Disney's site, they are on the list. When I went to the restaurant description link, they're not marked as being on the plan. :veryconfu Can anyone tell me for sure?

Lanipie

Has anyone eaten here recently? I was getting ready to call for ADR's for November, and wanted to check and see if they were included in the Dining Plan. If you go to the DP listing on Disney's site, they are on the list. When I went to the restaurant description link, they're not marked as being on the plan. :veryconfu Can anyone tell me for sure?

Yep they are on the DDP, we asked when we called. We have reservations for this Thursday night. And you made a good choice, Planet Hollywood is so blah it's not even funny. You're basically paying to be eating in a cool building, the food is nothing to write home about. We had some vouchers for Planet Hollywood too, but there is no way we could go there when knew that just a few hundred steps away was Raglan Road and all it's yummyness.:slurp:

DisneyBride94

So glad for this thread... we already planned to eat there and were holding ADRs for Oct. 2nd at 5PM....but I just changed our time to 8PM so we can enjoy the music--I would not want to miss that!

Five was probably too early anyway...we are doing AK EMH that morning... and planned to leave AK sometime after lunch.../early afternoon to either do DTD or the pool at our hotel... rest up a bit... so now we won't be so rushed to get to DTD... I think it will work out well...we'll just pack it in for the night after dinner with the kids... need to get earlyish to bed for EMH at EPCOT the next morning....:slurp: I know we are going to LOVE this place.

Just sent DH the link and we sat on the phone and drooled over the pictures... :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom