News Rafiki's Planet Watch is closing Oct. 21st will reopen in Summer 2019

tissandtully

I think you're right, but it's a head scratcher in that case as to why they wouldn't open it for the holidays, when it's as busy as ever. The time to close it for slow crowds would've been Sept-Nov (or early Dec).
The easy answer is that they are afraid of lower crowds during holidays, so they can artificially inflate wait times and show it's busier than ever at DAK with staff cuts.

CJR

The easy answer is that they are afraid of lower crowds during holidays, so they can artificially inflate wait times and show it's busier than ever at DAK with staff cuts.

In that case though, why not continue to keep it closed in the spring? Without a new ride/attraction on the way next spring, I think it'll be down from 2018.

Just my opinion here, but, by all accounts, it doesn't make sense.
8827f9ee3cdfe824771edb825b221eb5.jpg

eddie104

Really? Of all the things thrown around in this thread, potentially plussing RPW with leftover flat rides bothers you? I’m not saying it’s happening or that I even think it should, but hearing that RPW will reopen with possible changes does create some interesting speculation. But keep up with the caps all you want. :p
Nothing against you I’m just tired of seeing that. 🙂

jt04

Really? Of all the things thrown around in this thread, potentially plussing RPW with leftover flat rides bothers you? I’m not saying it’s happening or that I even think it should, but hearing that RPW will reopen with possible changes does create some interesting speculation. But keep up with the caps all you want. :p

I love the idea of a Chew Chew train and the rides from DCA. Throw in some M&G's for Lion King and even Zootopia and it becomes a DAK version of Toontown.

Brilliant. Good thinking.

And a good first step to getting rid of Dinorama.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well...since if went back off the rails...

To summarize:
1. It was fool to think all of a sudden something significant was being built added. Their goal is not to spend on rides and attractions. Because those things don’t provide much direct revenue potential. So all ideas/brainstorming needs to be grounded in that.

2. This is a seasonal closure/reduction to save costs. Nothing more...nothing less. That is a standard policy...maybe not before, but now.
It is what it is.

peter11435

Well...since if went back off the rails...

To summarize:
1. It was fool to think all of a sudden something significant was being built added. Their goal is not to spend on rides and attractions. Because those things don’t provide much direct revenue potential. So all ideas/brainstorming needs to be grounded in that.

2. This is a seasonal closure/reduction to save costs. Nothing more...nothing less. That is a standard policy...maybe not before, but now.
It is what it is.
1. There are no less than 6 major attractions being built at this very moment.

2. Agreed

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
1. There are no less than 6 major attractions being built at this very moment.

2. Agreed

1. I would submit out of ABSOLUTE necessity for two reasons...bleed of market share to competition across town...and the absolute mess fastpass + is already is and will get to the point of loss if they get more visitors as bob has undoubtedly promised...

However it is NOT carts Blanche. Bob did nothing for years...and a reasonable guess is That’s where he wants to be when the game ends and the chips are cashed.

2. Good!! 🤪

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom