News Rafiki's Planet Watch is closing Oct. 21st will reopen in Summer 2019

trainplane3

Bummer but I can't say I'll miss this specific area. I did it once, months after AK opened. I remember waiting 45 minutes for the train specifically. I guess if this is closing, then they may relocate vet services to a different area eventually and expand the park out in this direction...one day?

CJR

Thanks @Rteetz for the updates!

I was wondering what was up with this since Disney practically refused to answer my question when I asked, and they're normally pretty good about it. I'm sure in like two weeks someone will email me, haha.

It's sad to see a original part of the park close, but I'm glad it'll still be taken care of at least. We never really went back there since it took up a lot of time for little payoff, but it's still sad when something there on day one won't be accessible anymore. Hopefully someday, that area will be a regular part of the park again, with something new to do.

Delgado

Lots of cuts showing up on the board right now (this, Jack Sparrow, Citizens of Hollywood)...
We were thinking about doing a trip over New Years and since cute keep appearing it’s running through my mind of waiting. Things that you don’t have to wait in lines for are a necessity for small children. With those disappearing my son needs to get to 40 in before I feel like it’s worth it.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
I was thinking maaaaaaybe I would make AK close to a full-day park, but psych!

Attractions that my family and I enjoy have been closed or changed, and the additions are not of any interest to us. Disney’s not losing anything by it, they already have my admission and food money.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
We were thinking about doing a trip over New Years and since cute keep appearing it’s running through my mind of waiting. Things that you don’t have to wait in lines for are a necessity for small children. With those disappearing my son needs to get to 40 in before I feel like it’s worth it.

Perhaps if we have have our toddlers poop on the ground everywhere like in Shanghai, they’ll get the message.

phillip9698

Well this stinks. Often after measuring my son i think of what rides he is now able to ride at various amusement parks. Looks like Disney is eliminating two attractions in AK that he would be able to experience. Seems that for the young ones its MK or bust. And people wonder why that park continues to bust at the seams.

peter11435

They could, with a reconfiguration of Trek. But with the train gone, they'd have a wide pathway that could lead to two-three new lands.

And with Rafiki's closed, they're going to keep up on the maintenance of the train just for private events at PW?
You don’t even really need to reconfigure the trek. There’s a couple of options that could have worked to utilize the expansion pad without impacting the trek or the wildlife express.

No at this point I would consider the trains pretty much a goner

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom