News Rafiki's Planet Watch is closing Oct. 21st will reopen in Summer 2019

MickeyMinnieMom

Ummm, @Rteetz changed the name of the thread when this was confirmed, several days ago now. ;)
Not a big deal — another site stated “Disney confirms...”.

Though I’ve not seen a press release, that sounded like more of a confirmation than what he posted here. Maybe it wasn’t. That’s all.

Though I appreciate those who have contacts with insider info, I still consider it official when Disney says so. I THOUGHT that other site was confirming that Disney had.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have to admit, the most entertaining part of threads like this is the number of people spouting opinion and rumours as fact, as if they have inside info on the inner workings of WDW. There are very few people here that are reliable sources, with @marni1971 being the guy everyone should listen to. Most of the rest of you should stop depending on the bus drivers and CMs working the cash register at Cosmic Rays for your “inside” information.

This could be post of the millennium

nickys

Premium Member
Not a big deal — another site stated “Disney confirms...”.

Though I’ve not seen a press release, that sounded like more of a confirmation than what he posted here. Maybe it wasn’t. That’s all.

Though I appreciate those who have contacts with insider info, I still consider it official when Disney says so. I THOUGHT that other site was confirming that Disney had.

Fair enough. However I should point out that waiting for Disney to confirm things are closing could mean you are in for a very, very long wait. Disney have yet to confirm the MK theatre is shelved. Or indeed that certain WS pavilions planned at the outset are not happening.

And if you’re referring to a certain site that shall not be named, when he says “confirmed”, it usually means he’s read it here.

nickys

Premium Member
I don't know. I know he's sometimes overzealous, but he often posts good stuff. I don't think he usually says CONFIRMED BY DISNEY when it isn't, but I'm sure this isn't the FIRST time, either. ;) At least here I can make a HUGH MISTAKE (!!) like this and have a civil discussion about it. Thx! :)

He posts good stuff when he gets it here. Time after time; you can see the times of his posts and compare them. And then refuses to credit the site or poster in question.

And repeats rumours which, whilst he may not actually state they are confirmed, he will report as fact.

MickeyMinnieMom

He posts good stuff when he gets it here. Time after time; you can see the times of his posts and compare them. And then refuses to credit the site or poster in question.

And repeats rumours which, whilst he may not actually state they are confirmed, he will report as fact.
I haven't watched it that carefully and I'm new here -- I'll be on the lookout. ;)

At least give me this: he posts really nice photo spreads from around the parks on a regular basis! :)

Castle Cake Apologist

Black Panther was not a major character explicitly covered by the original contract. One image on IOA is not enough to block Disney. The two companies are working on a deal to spell out what characters are covered. Bottom line, Wakanda is coming, either to Epcot (Wonders of Life Pavilion) or Animal Kingdom (Rafiki's). As you pointed out they made Pandora work in AK, Wakanda is no greater of a stretch.

Absolutely false.

EDIT: For what it's worth, that "deal" was hammered out a long time ago. Black Panther is not useable.

Last edited:

KBLovedDisney

Back in the late 90s when 3D sound was all the rage. Alien Encounter, Sounds Dangerous, Conservation Station, Mr Lincoln...did they do it anywhere else? Is this the last one???
I do believe so, although Alien Encounter had more AAs and special effects than just sound enhancements.

Not going to count that one "listen with your imagination" scene in JII with Figment. That one is in a category all by its lonesome.

asianway

I do believe so, although Alien Encounter had more AAs and special effects than just sound enhancements.

Not going to count that one "listen with your imagination" scene in JII with Figment. That one is in a category all by its lonesome.
Nah, Im talking about the obligatory haircut/pincers gag!

KBLovedDisney

Nah, Im talking about the obligatory haircut/pincers gag!
giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom