Radiator Springs vs Seven Dwarfs

RSR or 7DMT?

• Radiator Springs Racers

Votes: 55 88.7%
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Votes: 7 11.3%

• Total voters

Kate F

I've never ridden RSR, but just from watching videos, I found myself extremely impressed with it in every aspect: the animatronics, the rock-work, the neat racing aspect, and just the huge scale of it. This is the kind of highly immersive attraction that I expect from Disney, and it's been far too long since they've given WDW something of this scale. I really hope I'll get to experience it sometime in the future.

7DMT was just a disappointment to me. There are things I enjoyed about it, such as the animatronics, the music, and the lush landscape, but as an actual ride, it just didn't do much for me. The length is by far the biggest problem I have with the ride. After it ended, I was just like "Wait, that's it?", and I know I'm not the only one. An extra show scene or two could have truly made this ride amazing. And aside from the one big show scene, there really isn't that much to see on the ride besides a bunch of trees and a few nice views of Fantasyland. Also, I know 7DMT is a family coaster and that it wasn't ever meant to be very thrilling, but if you're someone like me who enjoys big, fast, thrilling roller coasters, it likely just isn't going to do much for you in that aspect. Big Thunder Mountain isn't extremely thrilling either, but it's got great theming with much more scenery, is a bit wilder, and most importantly is a pretty decent length, and I enjoy that ride a lot. With this ride, they tried to combine a roller coaster with a traditional dark ride and it just didn't really work out, in my opinion at least. Overall, 7DMT (and honestly New Fantasyland in general) just left me disappointed and wanting more.

Last edited:

kad1121

Original Poster
They were both built with similar technology and with large new expansions (Cars Land and New Fantasyland).

kad1121

Original Poster
I've never ridden RSR, but just from watching videos, I found myself extremely impressed with it in every aspect: the animatronics, the rock-work, the neat racing aspect, and just the huge scale of it. This is the kind of highly immersive attraction that I expect from Disney, and it's been far too long since they've given WDW something of this scale. I really hope I'll get to experience it sometime in the future.

7DMT was just a disappointment to me. There are things I enjoyed about it, such as the animatronics, the music, and the lush landscape, but as an actual ride, it just didn't do much for me. The length is by far the biggest problem I have with the ride. After it ended, I was just like "Wait, that's it?", and I know I'm not the only one. An extra show scene or two could have truly made this ride amazing. And aside from the one big show scene, there really isn't that much to see on the ride besides a bunch of trees and a few nice views of Fantasyland. Also, I know 7DMT is a family coaster and that it wasn't ever meant to be very thrilling, but if you're someone like me who enjoys big, fast, thrilling roller coasters, it likely just isn't going to do much for you in that aspect. Big Thunder Mountain isn't extremely thrilling either, but it's got great theming with much more scenery, is a bit more wild, and most importantly is a pretty decent length, and I enjoy that ride a lot. With this ride, they tried to combine a roller coaster with a traditional dark ride and it just didn't really work out, in my opinion at least. Overall, 7DMT (and honestly New Fantasyland in general) just left me disappointed and wanting more.

Completely agree.

kad1121

Original Poster
Radiator Springs Racers is probably in the top 3 most ambitious attractions Disney has created all time. I'd argue it alone is better than the entire New Fantasyland.

It's a shame WDW hasn't gotten an E-Ticket like this since Everest.

To me, it's not even close. 7DMT was particularly disappointing due to its protracted opening with so much anticipation ultimately leading up to a disappointing, too short, budget cut attraction that could have been so great.
Exactly!

Mouse Trap

I'm more mesmerized by just the actual appearance of RSR than I am of the entire SDMT experience. Don't get me wrong, I love SDMT, but RSR is a VERY fun ride and just as great to gawk at.

thomas998

I'm going with the mine train simply because it has the faster line and more shade. Last time I did RSR without a fastpass it took almost 4 hours... longest non-fastpass mine train was less than 2

thomas998

7DMT was just a disappointment to me. There are things I enjoyed about it, such as the animatronics, the music, and the lush landscape, but as an actual ride, it just didn't do much for me. The length is by far the biggest problem I have with the ride. After it ended, I was just like "Wait, that's it?", and I know I'm not the only one. An extra show scene or two could have truly made this ride amazing. And aside from the one big show scene, there really isn't that much to see on the ride besides a bunch of trees and a few nice views of Fantasyland. Also, I know 7DMT is a family coaster and that it wasn't ever meant to be very thrilling, but if you're someone like me who enjoys big, fast, thrilling roller coasters, it likely just isn't going to do much for you in that aspect. Big Thunder Mountain isn't extremely thrilling either, but it's got great theming with much more scenery, is a bit wilder, and most importantly is a pretty decent length, and I enjoy that ride a lot. With this ride, they tried to combine a roller coaster with a traditional dark ride and it just didn't really work out, in my opinion at least. Overall, 7DMT (and honestly New Fantasyland in general) just left me disappointed and wanting more.

Not sure you should be fawning over it that much until you've experienced it.

Is the queue impressive when you are waiting? Yes... But the ride itself is really about the same thing as test track except that with RSR you seem to get a few more ups and downs... Animatronics are good if they are all working but they aren't always working, not as bad as Everest but we've experienced it when some stuff was broken...I think the other real problem is the amount of down time we experienced with the ride, I think the only ride that might battle it for the most un-expected breakdowns during a day would be Indy... In fact our 4 hour wait for RSR was because after the first hour when we just got up to the area where you can see people getting into the loading zone it started some of its many breakdowns... And it was horrible because it would breakdown, then about 20 minutes on it would be up again and then after maybe 5 minutes it would break again and on and on just coming back long enough to entice you to wait a little longer.

So when/if you do go I suggest you leave it if it ever starts the breakdown cycle because it will suck a huge amount of time from your day.

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
I picked Radiator Springs Racers, but I do love Mine Train a lot. Radiator Springs is one of the best attractions Disney has ever done and while Mine Train has elements that I really love (mainly the heigh ho lift hill) overall it's no contest. Radiator Springs is amazing from beginning to end.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom