Rack Rate of new Animation Resort?

Wannabe Walt

I work for Loews Hotels at Universal. We sell a room we call the "Kids Suite" -- but each hotel has a very limited number. These things sell like crazy and people pay crazy high rates for them! (Usually starting around $299 in value season). Of course, these Family Suites are a bit different, but very similar to the Kids Suite. Because of the popularity of our suites, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney kind of uses them as a model. The rooms are two standard size rooms connected -- two bedrooms (one king in the adult room, two twin beds in the kids room), two bathroom. The kids room (at Royal Pacific and Portofino Bay) have unique themes -- RPR: Jurassic Park , PBH: Dr. Suess. Well, the themes are just the kids room, the adult room follows standard theme of the hotel. But these things are just great. People love them. People cancel vacations because they can't get a kids suite.

I know Disney has established a "Family Suite" at ASMusic, but again, this resort is all concept at this point. Things could change a bit from their previous design. Just a thought.

Oh, and this design would imply interior corridors as well. :)

fosse76

By "exterior windows" I mean that the rooms have windows that don't look out over the "corridors", but that they look out from the other end of the room, with unobstructed views, like the Deluxe Resorts (which actually have patios or balconies there). Value and Moderate Resorts all have windows located over the air conditioners that look out at the walkway.

Gotcha! I wasn't sure if that's what you meant.

And I didn't mean the check-in lobby. I meant the elevator lobby in each building. Looking at the artwork, it appears that the elevator lobbies are enclosed, with glass entry doors, implying a climate controlled environment.

I must've missed "elevator" in your post.

The artwork simply does not reflect what is currently known as the standards for Value Resorts. It doesn't "conform". I didn't say they're going to call this a Deluxe Resort, I said that the artwork implies that it will include features of a Disney Deluxe Resort.

But your post makes an assumption that it's purposeful. Disney consciously and deliberately chose to make interior hallways an exclusive feature of Deluxe resorts. We don't know that they did.

You can't compare off-property resorts to Disney resorts at all. There is absolutely no 1:1 comparison, in price or amenities.

I disagree. They have to be, otherwise there would be no demand for off-property hotels. Let's face it, Disney overprices their hotels significantly compared to similar quality-level properties off-site. And while no off-site hotel gives access to EMH, which has no monetary value, the only real benefit is the free parking. And considering it's cheaper to stay at the Ritz than the Grand Floridian, the cost savings would more than cover the "free" parking and transportation costs to the parks.

Again, I'm merely citing current standards, or templates if you will. There's not a written definition of Disney Resort Amenities - although I'm almost positive I read somewhere, once, that "interior corridors" were a "feature" of the Deluxe Resorts...although that may have been in an unofficial guide book.

The problem is Disney can't rely on its own templates, when people can get a better value off-site. Aside from EMH, the only asset the Disney hotels can offer is the immersion in Disney. But at a certain point, people who may have only stayed on site will start staying off-site if that's the only way they can afford a trip.

Don't get me wrong. We all know that Disney isn't suddenly going to find its hotels empty. But if they treat the differing resorts as if they were only occupied by perceived classes for those resorts, they will discover off-site occupancy rates rising while theirs stagnate.

You have no idea what they'll be charging for this resort. The rates could be somewhere between "value" and "moderate". If you DO know what they'll be charging, the OP would probably appreciate the information, since they asked what the rates were going to be.

No. But they announced it as a Value Resort, so there is no reason to expect that the rates won't be the same as the Value Resorts.

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
I had a thought...my first impression of the concept art I saw was not that it was rooms in an enclosed corridor but that it was a view towards the community building. Like standing at the Hippy Dippy Pool and looking back towards Classic Hall. That might explain all the glass?

Tom

Beta Return
I had a thought...my first impression of the concept art I saw was not that it was rooms in an enclosed corridor but that it was a view towards the community building. Like standing at the Hippy Dippy Pool and looking back towards Classic Hall. That might explain all the glass?

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

OMG!

You are EXACTLY RIGHT! That would also explain why the building's exterior wall in the rendering is curved!

:brick:

This is the most smilies I've every used at one time! I'm just beside myself that we've been arguing about these stupid corridors, when it's OBVIOUS that it's the new "classic hall" of AA.

Case closed!

trr1

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

OMG!

You are EXACTLY RIGHT! That would also explain why the building's exterior wall in the rendering is curved!

:brick:

This is the most smilies I've every used at one time! I'm just beside myself that we've been arguing about these stupid corridors, when it's OBVIOUS that it's the new "classic hall" of AA.

Case closed!
why not ask the DWI on this forum? he could tell you:rolleyes:

Tom

Beta Return
Why would the "classic hall" have 4 "floors" of windows?

Perhaps decorative. Perhaps offices.

Classic Hall is a few stories tall (at least on the outside). As I look at it more, and then at photos of Classic Hall, I'm convinced that's what the artwork is. Again, it's conceptual.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom